What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chiefbig's Aurora Indica & Sharksbreath Grow

Chiefbig

Initially i wasn't gonna post this grow I wasn't happy with the way these girls responded to my training technique in veg and they were slow to recover from topping. So when I put em in flower they flipped and stretched like crazy especially the Aurora. Nirvana says this is suppose to be a short plant but I researched and found there is a stretchy pheno and I got it. Due to the stretch I decided to add some cfls to cover some of the low buds. Ok here's my set up:
150 watt hps
Four 30 watt cfl 3 - 2700k and 1 6500k
Maxibloom KISS with Koolbloom 4 days before final flush
Temps day 75-81F night 67-73F
Coco/perlite Blumat drippers
Nirvana Aurora Indica and DNA Sharkbreath
The Sharkbreath looks more of a sativa pheno and the Aurora stretched like a sativa but looked more indica

Here they are at about 30 days of veg right before their first top

Chiefbig

Day 21 of flower

Day 21 of flower

Here they are at 21 days of flower at this point I was not happy with this grow and just fed them and zipped up the tent.

Chiefbig

Box shot

Box shot

The aurora is on the right and you can see how fat her buds are

The smell of these two combined is out of this world:dance013:
The next pics I post will be of harvest and dry weight I'm hoping for 4 ounces:woohoo:

Chiefbig

I chopped both girls two days ago and I pulled a couple of nugs of each plant three days prior to chopping. The hands down winner is the aurora she taste like earthy pine on the inhale and smooth berries on the exhale I've never tasted anything like her and the high is perfect for after work when it's time to wind down. Speaking of work I was at work thinking about her all day. Luckily I cloned her and I will most definitely be running her on my next run along with a bubblicious auto and a pineapple chunk I plan on running 12/12 from seed.

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
Nice job keeping them in one place. I bet all that light intensity kept them short?

Beefy!

Chiefbig

Final harvest pics

Final harvest pics

Here are the final harvest pics and weights. This was a really nice run after a few days I have to say I'm impressed with both of these strains. I was concerned about the Sharkbreath but she is what u call a creeper and the aurora is the reaper and they are a deadly combo. The shark has an orange fruity smell and taste and her high lingers a long time. The aurora has a piney skunky aroma and a berry taste and her high is euphoric with heightened senses. I must say she is my favorite and a delight to smoke.
Final weight
Aurora = 80.34g
Sharkbreath = 86.84g 167.18g total
Almost 6oz with a 150w hps and 4 cfl bulbs man I'm stoked!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Chiefbig

Next run

Next run

Here is what I'm currently running now
Aurora Indica - clone
Pineapple Chunk - 12/12 from seed
La diva - auto
This is my first attempt at an auto and 12/12 from seed so I have a question about when to repot both of em I was thinking of going from the small cup to a final 1 gallon pot at about two weeks of flower really would like to know if this is an optimal time without causing too much shock.

Front is Pineapple day4 of 12/12 back is the Diva 4 days from seed

Aurora day 7 of flower

The pineapple chunk was 7 days old before I started 12/12 and the auto went straight into the box at 1 day old.The clone was topped once and lst'd it was about 1 month old before 12/12 also I'm starting 12/12 under 6500k cfl's in hopes of limiting the stretch in the aurora and I also chose a 1 gallon pot on this run.