What's new

Chief Bigsmoke's Fantasy Factory

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
I must admit Chief it is driving me crazy looking at these lovely plants and not knowing the strain.

They look fantastic though. Might have to get a few LED's added to my grow next time as well.

chief bigsmoke

A Close up of our friend the PINK Mystery clone- sweet lemony goodness

Enjoy!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 16

chief bigsmoke

Mystery Revealed

Mystery Revealed

So today I was browsing through my favorite breeders seeds at the Seed boutique and I came across a plant that I instantly recognized as The Blue mystery clone or at least a very close relative. After reading the genetics and the description given by the man himself, I'm 99.999% sure I've solved this mystery.

Maybe it's just me, but lets see what everyone else thinks. First I'll describe my plant with pictures then I'll show info and pictures on the plant that I think may be the one.

My BLUE Mystery Clone: small bush like. slower vegger out of the pack. not as easy to clone. A little picky on nutes. Its starting to flush some colour so I'm guessing this cut might be one of the early finishers, but it looks like it has a lot of growing to still do. So I may be wrong. and that's ok.

SMELL: HOLY MMOLY the absolute strongest species I have ever had the pleasure to smell. Very very strong and very sweet. It smells like a rich bubblegum cleaner. Like someone created a blueberry bubblegum shampoo for kids and you stuck your nose right in the bottle.. trust me.. if that doesn't read awesome.. I assure you it is...
:biggrin:
attachment.php

attachment.php

------------------------------------------

Perhaps the REAL Identity:

Chimera Seeds - Schnazzleberry #2

From the same mother as the original super-stoney Schnazzleberry. Perfect for SCROG or bush gardens. Expect bud-laden branches with a healthy stretch when flowered. Ripening of the large calyxes and huge dark amber trichomes kicks into full force at 45-50 days. Additional days add intensity to the already numbing high. Excellent for vaporization and production of connoisseur quality black hash.

Parents: The Dom (Blue Domino) x DJ Short Blueberry
Flowering: 50-60 days / Early-October
Height: 60-90 cm / 120+ cm

Attachments

• IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Definitely bears a close resemblance. Could be the one. So should have a nice blueberry taste to it. I'm smoking some blue widow right now and it smells and smokes like blueberries. Really amazing.

chief bigsmoke

Definitely bears a close resemblance. Could be the one. So should have a nice blueberry taste to it. I'm smoking some blue widow right now and it smells and smokes like blueberries. Really amazing.

Blue widow sounds amazing.... a whopper of a hitter I bet too..

yea I'm pretty confident in the Blue being Shnazzleberry #2. I'll have to wait and see if the Shnazzleberries taste like shnazzleberries...:biggrin:

Thanks again for stopping by Reg !

chief bigsmoke

Garden Quotes - Just for Fun

Garden Quotes - Just for Fun

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
whistler-garden2.jpg

My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view. ~H. Fred Dale (Thanks, Anne)

Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. ~Lou Erickson

What a man needs in gardening is a cast-iron back, with a hinge in it. ~Charles Dudley Warner, My Summer in a Garden, 1871

There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling. ~Mirabel Osler

Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it. ~Author Unknown

The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. ~George Bernard Shaw, The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God, 1932

Science, or para-science, tells us that geraniums bloom better if they are spoken to. But a kind word every now and then is really quite enough. Too much attention, like too much feeding, and weeding and hoeing, inhibits and embarrasses them. ~Victoria Glendinning

In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful. ~Abram L. Urban

It is good to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought. ~James Douglas, Down Shoe Lane

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Gardens are a form of autobiography. ~Sydney Eddison, Horticulture magazine, August/September 1993

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity. ~Lindley Karstens, noproblemgarden.com

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]I think the true gardener is a lover of his flowers, not a critic of them. I think the true gardener is the reverent servant of Nature, not her truculent, wife-beating master. I think the true gardener, the older he grows, should more and more develop a humble, grateful and uncertain spirit. ~Reginald Farrer, In a Yorkshire Garden, 1909

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Garden writing is often very tame, a real waste when you think how opinionated, inquisitive, irreverent and lascivious gardeners themselves tend to be. Nobody talks much about the muscular limbs, dark, swollen buds, strip-tease trees and unholy beauty that have made us all slaves of the Goddess Flora. ~Ketzel Levine's talkingplants.com

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
Half the interest of a garden is the constant exercise of the imagination. ~Mrs. C.W. Earle, Pot-Pourri from a Surrey Garden, 1897 (Thanks, Jessica)

No two gardens are the same. No two days are the same in one garden. ~Hugh Johnson

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Last night, there came a frost, which has done great damage to my garden.... It is sad that Nature will play such tricks on us poor mortals, inviting us with sunny smiles to confide in her, and then, when we are entirely within her power, striking us to the heart. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The American Notebooks

Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secre
s I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky, www.dodinsky.com

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]My garden is my favorite teacher. ~Betsy Cañas Garmon

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]If you've never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow. ~Author Unknown

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]I cultivate my garden, and my garden cultivates me. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com[/FONT]

chief bigsmoke

Interesting article

Interesting article

Mechanism That Gives Plants 'Balance' Discovered

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120423162455.htm

120423162455.jpg

ScienceDaily (Apr. 23, 2012) — When a plant goes into defense mode in order to protect itself against harsh weather or disease, that's good for the plant, but bad for the farmer growing the plant. Bad because when a plant acts to defend itself, it turns off its growth mechanism.

But now researchers at Michigan State University, as part of an international collaboration, have figured out how plants can make the "decision" between growth and defense, a finding that could help them strike a balance -- keep safe from harm while continuing to grow.

Writing in the current issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Sheng Yang He, an MSU professor of plant biology, and his team found that the two hormones that control growth (called gibberellins) and defense (known as jasmonates) literally come together in a crisis and figure out what to do.

"What we've discovered is that some key components of growth and defense programs physically interact with each other," he said. "Communication between the two is how plants coordinate the two different situations. We now know where one of the elusive molecular links is between growth and defense."This is important because now that scientists know that this happens, they can work to figure out how to "uncouple" the two, He added. "Perhaps at some point we can genetically or chemically engineer the plants so they don't talk to each other that much," He said. "This way we may be able to increase yield and defense at the same time." In this way, He said plants are a lot like humans. We only have a certain amount of energy to use, and we have to make wise choices on how to use it.

"Plants, like people, have to learn to prioritize," he said. "You can use your energy for growth, or use it for defense, but you can't do them both at maximum level at the same time."

The work was done on two different plants: rice, a narrow-leafed plant, and Arabidopsis, which has a broader leaf. This was significant because it demonstrated that this phenomenon occurs in a variety of plants.

He was one of the lead investigators on an international team of scientists that studied the issue. Other participating institutions included the Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Hunan Agricultural University, the University of Arkansas, Duke University, Yale University and Penn State University.
Funding was provided by the National Institutes of Health, the U.S. Department of Energy and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.

chief bigsmoke

Major breakthrough

Major breakthrough

Modelling leaf shape video

[youtubeif]G4lLGTiNe2A[/youtubeif]

Leaves come in all shapes and sizes. Scientists have discovered simple rules that control leaf shape during growth. Using this 'recipe', they have developed the first computer model able to accurately emulate leaf growth from a bud.

Last edited by a moderator:

chief bigsmoke

I'm wrong again.. oops

I'm wrong again.. oops

wrong.jpg

Well I was feeling pretty darn confident on my guesses of the Mystery Clones. I even went as far as saying that I'm 99.999% sure. That's until I ran into my ol' friend today at the Market and informed me that I was 0/3 at my guesses. :p damn hehe The Mystery continues...

My 3 guesses were:

RED being Mental Floss#2
Blue being Shnazzleberry #2
Pink being Sweet Skunk
White being ???

So we are back to square one with the guesses... lets try all over again

attachment.php

(Above: RED Mystery Clone)

RED resembles DJ Shorts Flo...
Blue is a member of the Blue family
Pink is very OG'ish
White has hints of blue
*hint: I know Sweet Skunk is one of them but not the Pink or Red Clone

(Below: Pink Clone)
attachment.php

I must admit, I do enjoy the fact that I have the opportunity to try these marvelous species with out any reputations or expectations. Just me and their natural beauty. Trial and error.
question-mark1a.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1283.jpg
    IMG_1283.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 14

chief bigsmoke

the pink is processed

the pink is processed

So a lot has happened in the last week and I've been a bit too busy to update.

First of the Pink Mystery clones all got hit with PM again. I had the one in its final week(s) so I made a drastic decision. I took into consideration that my gf was all out of meds and that we were in need of meds immediatly, so we decided to process the plant via Cold water extraction bubble bags and we also made some cannabutter for cooking.

It was our first time using bubble bags and we didn't do very well for our first attempt. We split the plant in two and we earned ourselves a twoonie sized puck of solid resin heads and we made a stick of butter in the slowcooker. We don't have any expereience with hash but holy smokes does this stuff work well. My gf simply needs a size of a pin-head to kick-start her day. very potent.

Overall its too bad about the pm. Next time I'll harvest and then treat pith a 3% hydrogen peroxide mixture to sanitize the buds. Overall the Pink Mystery clone was an unbelievable selection, but I am leaning towards dropping it from the line after the 2 plants in the 2nd cycle complete. I prefer choosing plants with stronger resilience to mold. Even thought it was my own environment that was to blame I'de rather play it safe when it comes to my ladies meds. :)

On a good note the others are doing very well. The Red and the White clones are unbelievable and the Blue clone is nearly complete.

Here are two quick photos of the Blue mystery clone. What it lacks in yield it makes up for in smell and resin. A truly beautiful plant to experience. I know if I cranked the AC I would see some vibrant colours.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 19

chief bigsmoke

Welcome the RED

Welcome the RED

The RED Mystery clone is so unbeleivably beautiful. It's tall spear shaped flowers reek like a cross between an expensive wine and the finest floral smell. A musky, spicey, floral, woody, mentholy, incense with a sweet berry background.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 13

chief bigsmoke

Finally, The White Mystery clone is an absolute stunner. It has heavy resin covered nugs littered up and down every meristem. A nice producer to say the least. It has a complex smell with hints of floral, blue, eraser, hash and fruity/berries. It is sure to please. I am very happy with this one so far.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 16

chief bigsmoke

harvest time + updates

harvest time + updates

Well. Its harvest time for the White and Blue mystery clones.

Both were showing some thc degradation by showing some amber trichs. So they were both chopped. I could have pushed both longer but my lady needs meds and the roof of our commercial rental is leaking so we might have some unwanted contractors hanging around in the coming weeks so we wanted to clear out as much of the "stink" as possible.

photos are of the White mystery clone right before harvest (Day 56 of 12/12)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1342.JPG
    IMG_1342.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1336.jpg
    IMG_1336.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 18

chief bigsmoke

best for last?

best for last?

The last remaining plant of the 1st cycle is the Red Mystery clone. The best may be saved for last... If that's even fair to say in a line-up of top shelf species. This plant has been easy to grow and has so much potential to keep working with. This plant smells like a mixture of an expensive musky red wine and the finest floral aroma with a side of spice and fruit salad. :peacock:

Truly an amazing plant. If these long spear shaped flowers beef up than this plant will be a really great yielder. So far it has everything else. complex smells, strong resistance to mold, easy to grow, resin over-drive and a pleasure to look at everyday.

More than 1 week away from harvest...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So that leaves us at:

Pink (Harvested Early) Susceptible to molds, amazing resin production, AAA odour. I have dropped this species from upcoming cycles due to its susceptibility to mold.

Blue (Harvested on day 54 of 12/12) Small yield but tied with the red clone for best smell. will continue working with this species to refine it.

White (Harvested on day 56 of 12/12) The solid underdog in this line-up. This cut had it all. Solid yields, ease of growth, smells and appearances. The smell was very complex and hard to finger. somewhere between a blue, fruity floral, eraser, hashy goodness. Tied with the Pink cut with the highest resin production.

Attachments

• IMG_1347.jpg
    IMG_1347.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 17

chief bigsmoke

some dired nugs.. finally....

some dired nugs.. finally....

Today I brought home some tasty dried white nugs for my lovely gf|patient. mmm hmmm lucky girl.

Definitely lower yields after the switch to a more natural way of growing, but holy crap... This smells amazing and it may be easy for a couple of noobs to say.. but this will be the best stuff we have ever produced. My gf is biting at the bit to get to these nugs, but she will have to wait through a couple weeks of curing. poor girl... :p

My gf says it smells Earthy

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1408.jpg
    IMG_1408.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 13

chief bigsmoke

blue

blue

Oh and I nearly forgot to post a photo of some dried blue mystery clone.

This smells so crazy. I can`t even figure out what it smells like. .. maybe a very strong blue-smelling vapor rub. Simply amazing. MY GF says its smells like fruit and spice. shes probably closer to the truth. She has a more sophisticated palate. :)

I`m looking forward to the next round with this girl. So much improvement ahead.

*I`ll have to get a nice camera with a macro lens one day... for now you`ll have to put up with these shots. My current camera doesn`t capture the `sparkle` these buds put on. I bet this strian might have been the other one that would go 9 weeks. I probably chose the wrong one to harvest early for my lady... I'll find out next round :)

:thank you:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1424.jpg
    IMG_1424.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 15

chief bigsmoke

big bad red

big bad red

The RED still pumping along. awesome smells are filling the room. Just under 9 weeks. I bet I can take her 10 easy. very excited for this one.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1417.jpg
    IMG_1417.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 15

chief bigsmoke

Garden Tip - Choosing Pot sizes

Garden Tip - Choosing Pot sizes

This is a handy ti-bit of information for everyone. I made the mistake of choosing the wrong pot sizes earlier this year and I thought it would be useful for any new growers out there.

enjoy!

Take Baby Steps for Success When Choosing A Pot Size

~Written by gardening expert Pam Beck

When choosing a pot size for your young transplant, it can be tempting to take a small plant and put it into a very large pot in order to encourage it to grow. However, because the potting medium surrounding a young transplant may hold more water than would be utilized by the plant, this quick fix could result in root rot.Instead, repot your transplants into containers only one or two inches larger than their original pot size, allow enough time for the expanding roots to fill in, then you can bump your healthy plants up again.

Latest posts

Latest posts