What's new

Chief Bigsmoke's Fantasy Factory

chief bigsmoke

Daily Photo Update

Daily Photo Update

Photo Update:

Its been 24 hrs after the Neem oil application and I thought I would share some positive news and and release another one of the Mystery Clone names...

After smelling the "PINK", seeing its shoots and leaves and having clues like pm susceptibility I had a pretty good idea who was who and I'm proud to announce the PINK Mystery clone as.......drum roll......... :hotbounce PURE KUSH :hotbounce an elite selection from Socal. Not recommended for recreational/amateur users. Do not operate heavy machinery. It will shackle you to your couch with ease and bring on its heavy medicinal effects.

attachment.php

So here is what we know so far about the MYSTERY LINE-UP:

RED Clone is the Original Sweet Skunk - 11 week

PINK clone is PURE KUSH - 11 week
WHITE Clone is ? - 9 week
BLUE Clone is ? - 9 week

Attachments

• IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 13

chief bigsmoke

PURE KUSH REVIEW

PURE KUSH REVIEW

These two reviews of PURE Kush have me very excited...

Pure Kush: a Masterful Marijuana Strain

by Mr. Strain

pureKush.jpg

This sample of Pure Kush had medium sized, popcorn-like, super dense buds

"Ever get the sense that you’re being lied to? “Oh, dude! This is _________ kush. Aw, brah. Nah. It’s flame, man.”
“Bullshit,” I always think, “this bud looks good but the enthusiasm is annoying. The bud can’t be that amazing.” So often this is the story that plays out.
When I got Pure Kush, the conversation was different. “Hey, man. This is strong shit, no joke.” That’s it? No “brah” and “ah it’s flame?” Ok. So I got my bag, went home, ground some up, loaded the bong and decided to test the “strong shit.”
On the nose, Pure Kush is un-fucking-real. It is intensely aromatic. It’s just damn strong. On the inhale…fuck…insane skunkiness, though not harsh, and very full bodied. Pure Kush is stunner.
After only a few seconds you start to feel the rush all over your body. It is admittedly shocking since I haven’t had bud this good for I don’t even know how long. Most important, Pure Kush gets you fucking stoned, pal.

Why Should Virgins Beware?

Well, if you are a virgin-virgin then what the fuck are you spending money on weed for? Go get some strange. If you are a weed virgin and someone pulls out a sack of Pure Kush you have one of two options:

1. Smoke Pure Kush and get so gahdamn high that you most likely vomit.:puke:
  2. Wait for a weaker strain so you can have a fully appreciable smoking experience.
I just think that Pure Kush is just way the hell out of any amateur’s league. Sure, it is just weed. But to me, good pot is like spicy food. If you have never eaten spicy food [or if you rarely do], it would be shortsighted to go eat a fucking ghost chili. You can trust me when I say that Pure Kush is the ghost chili of weed.
Is Pure Kush the best strain I’ve ever had? Hard to say. It may be the strongest I’ve had, and that says a lot given that I have smoked some of the best chronic in both America and Europe. If you ever run across it, FU***** BUY IT. Don’t even pay attention to the price. Take out a loan from Nana or whatever, cuz any serious smoker cannot miss a master strain like Pure Kush."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Second Independent Review:

icon1.gif
PK (Pure Kush) By Jason King

"Arguably the most expensive and elite ganja strain on the planet. PK, local to Southern, California (L.A.), sells for a mind boggling $$$$ an ounce to those rich enough or crazy enough to buy it (Mostly movie stars and other rich Hollywood types). Most of the TRUE connoisseurs I know have not even heard of it, let alone tried it! In fact, it took me several months to aquire a sample, a half an eight that sold for an astonishing $$. PK is diffucult to grow, the yield is small, and the wait is long - seventy days flowering time is required to finish. So you can see from a growers perspective, they are not price guaging as much as it may seem. The same grower could grow a commercial strain thats twice as heavy and twice as fast, making even more money than if they grew PK and sold it for $???? an o.

PK, is a specialty item, an exquisite treat for the rich and the famous (or atleast the rich). It has an awesome aroma, almost identical to froot loops cereal (Lime) but with an intense kushy bottom end. The aroma transitions to taste beautifully, and an intense buzz comes on even before the smoke is exhaled. This stuff expands like a nuetron bomb exploding inside your lungs, leaving all but the most hardcore in a coughing fit. Once the high fully hits, the strains elite status begins to make sense. PK is incredibly strong, producing a throbbing buzz felt emanating from the heart outward. The high is very euphoric, and long lasting as well. I was thouroughly baked four hours after smoking it". I said it before, I do not have much respect for Jason King Himself, ( I love what he is doing for marijuana, but JK is a jackyll) but he is speaking the truth on this matter. I have had this strain for over a year now, and everyone that smokes it, almost shits their pants.
Look.gif
Thanks for Reading!

chief bigsmoke

Throwin down some Dankness in that tent. Mind if I ask what your plant count is limited to?

Thanks BCmaster. Nice to see you back here! :tiphat:

As you know, my gf/patient has crohn's so she has a 3g/perday so we are limited to 15 little ladies. Nice and small. Each plant can get extra t.l.c. We only have a small set-up (2x600s). So we couldn't handle very much anyways. Hydro is too expensive. If I ever have some savings I would like to invest into some "supplemental" LED lights.

In the meantime, I still haven't done a nice long veg and then bloom. So I expect to move to long veg trees someday down the road. Always staying in limit though. There is no freaking way we would ever jeopardize our licenses. That would leave my girlfriend unhappy, sick and having to find sketchy other med sources, Its up to me to play by the rules. always.

And heck yes... we are entering into the dankness. My lady only deserves the best. Plus now with species like PURE KUSH I can put her to bed with a bowl of pk if shes too chatty. hehe jk but on a serious note... SWEET SKUNK and PURE KUSH.:woohoo:

I've only ever heard rumours of these species. There is no way a commercial grower would tackle these champs.

I would love to hear from those of you who have tried any of the species before

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
take some pics of the plants with PM. i have not seen it in much detail. would love to know what to look for

chief bigsmoke

take some pics of the plants with PM. i have not seen it in much detail. would love to know what to look for

This is a photo from the last page of this thread when the pks first shown signs of pm. Now they aren't showing any signs but doesn't mean that it isn't still around. I have an ongoing regime of controls and cleaning to hopefully take a solid whack at it. :)
attachment.php

chief bigsmoke

Fun Coincidence:

Seven weeks from the start of this flowering cycle will mark the estimated completion of the two remaining mystery clones and... it will also be Willie Nelsons Birthday ! (april 30th) awww yaaa what a way to celebrate the mans ongoing legacy.

chief bigsmoke

Interesting article

Interesting article

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/wa-researcher-uncovers-talking-plants-20120403-1waoe.html

WA researcher uncovers 'talking plants'

Rhianna King

April 4, 2012

plants_729-420x0.jpg

'We've discovered maybe that plants can do as much as animals – which is even more incredible seeing as they can't move,' said Dr Gagliano.

It sounds like something out of a science fiction movie, but a WA-based scientist has discovered that plants can in fact "talk" to each other.

Following two years of research, UWA researcher Monica Gagliano has concluded that plants can respond to sound and "click" to communicate.

The two-year study, which Dr Gagliano completed with University of Bristol professor Daniel Robert and professor Stefano Mancuso at the University of Florence in Italy, was inspired by her own garden.

michelle-729-420x0.jpg

"I was working one day in my herb garden and started to wonder if maybe plants were also sensitive to sounds - why not? - so I decided as a scientist to find out," she said.

"Everyone knows that plants react to light, and scientists also know that plants use volatile chemicals to communicate with each other: for instance, when danger - such as a herbivore – approaches."

By studying the roots of maize, the research team found the young plants emitted and reacted to particular sounds.
They also found that when the roots were suspended in water, they leaned toward the source of a continuous sound emitted in the region of 220Hz, which was within the frequency range that the same roots emitted themselves.
Their research concluded that in addition to other forms of sensory response, "it is very likely that some form of sensitivity to sound and vibrations also plays an important role in the life of plants".

Dr Gagliano, who is a marine scientist, couldn't resist the fascinating biology project, but admitted it sounded bizarre.
"It was labelled pseudo-science, hippie and New Age, and serious science hadn't considered it properly yet," she said.
"If you don't know something, the best way is to go and check, so I did. We've discovered maybe that plants can do as much as animals – which is even more incredible seeing as they can't move," she said.

Dr Gagliano is hoping the research, which was published in the international journal Trends in Plant Science this week, will attract further funding so she can expand the research to other plants.
"We want to find out if they all make noise, if some are noisier than others, and what it all means. We've had the idea and now we're going to run with it."

chief bigsmoke

Update: I just applied my second application of neem oil. Just 2mls in 500ml and this time I even remembered to add the eco-friendly dish soap. I can't wait to get the Dyna-gro Protekt (Potassium/silicon) because I can also use it as an emulsifier for the Neem instead of the soap.

:greenstars:

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
thanks for the explantion of pm. it must be hard to identify as it could possibly be mistaken for trichs...does it usually start on the fans and then works its way up to the bud?

chief bigsmoke

thanks for the explantion of pm. it must be hard to identify as it could possibly be mistaken for trichs...does it usually start on the fans and then works its way up to the bud?

No probs Budman!

Sometimes academic sources can explain a little better than ol' me. :) upon close inspection they are fairly easy to spot compared to "trichs". Its a noticeable talc appearance. I first saw symptoms on the top of my older fans leaves.

Colorado State U says:
Symptoms

Even though there are several types of powdery mildew fungi, they all produce similar symptoms on plant parts. Powdery mildews are characterized by spots or patches of white to grayish, talcum-powder-like growth. Tiny, pinhead-sized, spherical fruiting structures that are first white, later yellow-brown and finally black, may be present singly or in a group. These are the cleistothecia or overwintering bodies of the fungus.
The disease is most commonly observed on the upper sides of the leaves. It also affects the bottom sides of leaves, young stems, buds, flowers and young fruit. Infected leaves may become distorted, turn yellow with small patches of green, and fall prematurely. Infected buds may fail to open.

ahhhh the PK... brings back some memories! That and HawaiianxCotton Candy were the first genetics I got to watch grow from start to finish :) awwwwww.... hehe... we have some great crosses that tighten up that leggy (and QUITE stinky) lady. Have a great weekend chief!!

chief bigsmoke

ahhhh the PK... brings back some memories! That and HawaiianxCotton Candy were the first genetics I got to watch grow from start to finish :) awwwwww.... hehe... we have some great crosses that tighten up that leggy (and QUITE stinky) lady. Have a great weekend chief!!

I can already tell the pk is going to be outta control stanky. Is it as strong as ppl say it is? what were the highlights?

*Can you tell I'm a bit excited like a kid days from christmas? hehe I wish you a marvelous weekend as well!

also..
I'll be releasing the next MYSTERY clone name soon...

Old Hint: 9 week species
New Hint: The BLUE mystery clone reeks like a sweet blueberry bubblegum

chief bigsmoke

NEW PRODUCT in the line-up

NEW PRODUCT in the line-up

I ran out of ZHO by botanicare so I've welcomed a new product into party.

Myco Maximum

Granular

mycomaximum120x167.png

Myco Maximum granular contains 8 species of growth-enhancing mycorrhizal fungi, proprietary ingredients, 12 strains of beneficial bacteria, and 2 Trichoderma species.
Myco Maximum adds organic matter and helps to break down nutrients and micro-nutrients present in your growing medium or soil which are necessary for plants throughout their life cycles.
vMycorrhizal fungi increase the surface-absorbing area of the roots from 10-10,000 times, greatly improving the ability of plants to grow, fruit and flower by forming an intricate web that captures and assimilates nutrients and water for the plant.
Working together, beneficial bacteria, mycorrhizae and Trichoderma fungi expand into the surrounding medium to greatly increase the roots' ability to absorb and recycle water and nutrients, improving transplant success, flowering and overall growth of the plant.
Directions:

• The goal is to create physical contact between the roots and the inoculant. Myco Maximum can be banded under seed, worked into seed beds, placed under cuttings, blended into potting soil, or sprinkled near roots at transplant time. Some examples of inoculation practices and rates include:
  • Planting:
    Apply in furrow 1 teaspoon per row-foot. Cuttings: 0.5 teaspoon under each cutting. Flower beds: Mix into top 4 inches of soil, 2 pounds per 100 square feet.
  • Nurseries:
    Inoculum can be mixed in planting soil before/during planting in pots, beds, and trays. Soil bags of 1.5 cubic foot: Blend 4 ounces per bag.
  • Turf:
    Apply during installation or aerification of turf. Use 2 pounds per 1000 square ft.
  • Myco Maximum is an extremely fine powder, as a result humidity and temperature can affect both the volume, and weight of the product.
  • Keep Myco Maximum in a dry, cool place and always shake the container before use, allowing more accurate measurements to be taken.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
Mycorrhiza:
Endomycorrhiza/cc
Glomus aggregatum.............8 spores per cc
Glomus intraradices...........8 spores per cc
Glomus mosseae................8 spores per cc
Glomus entunicatum............8 spores per cc
Glomus monosporum.............2 spores per cc
Glomus deserticola…………………..…2 spores per cc
Glomus clarum…………………………2 spores per cc
Tricoderma;
Trichoderma koningii 187,000 spores per cc
Trichoderma harzianum 187,000 spores per cc
Bacteria
Bacillus subtillus……………………………...50,000 cfu/cc
Bactillus licheniformis………………………..50,000 cfu/cc
Bactillus azotoformans………………………..50,000 cfu/cc
Bactillus megaterium………………………….50,000 cfu/cc
Bactillus coagulans……………………………50,000 cfu/cc
Bactillus pumilis………………………………50,000 cfu/cc
Bactillus polymyxa……………………………50,000 cfu/cc
Sachromyces cervisiae……………………..…50,000 cfu/cc
Streptomyces griseus…………………………50,000 cfu/cc
S.treptomyces lydicus……………………...…50,000 cfu/cc
Pseudomonas aurofaceans……………………50,000 cfu/cc
Pseudomonas fluorescence…………………...50,000 cfu/cc

chief bigsmoke

Update

Update

Update:

1 So I've sprayed twice with Neem for PM control and I've foliar sprayed a baking soda/ RO water mix to raise the pH of the leaf surfaces. PM hates alkaline surfaces. So far no more symptoms have appeared.

2. It is also filter maintenance time for my HYDRO-LOGIC Stealth 100gpd Reverse Osmosis system. I replaced the sediment filter and I've upgraded the pre-carbon filter to a Catalytic Filter. The filter change was fairly easy but I accidentally stripped a "hex nipple" and have to wait a couple days to replace the part. Lucky enough Hydro-logic is pretty cool with sending free replacement parts.

3. Also, I mentioned a while ago that I used a coffee filter as a tea bag in my bio-dynamic tea kit. After 24 hrs the coffee filter started to dissolve and some of the ingredients leaked into the nutrient mix. I will be using 2-3 coffee filters next time to see if they are a bit more durable. Or maybe I've wrap them in cheese clothe as well. who knows... I'm crazy like that.

4. I've also moved back 2 of the young plants in the cycle that just entered the flowering room back into the veg room. So I can have 8 flowering and 7 vegging. Then when it comes time to harvest time I can take clones from the vegging plants and start the next cycle in 1 gallon pots. Then I will move the vegging plants into the flowering room with an increase in pot sizes. This way I can eliminate the space needed to keep moms and I can increase my overall efficiency.

Upgraded Filter Info:

160_22060_KDF.jpg

Why spend the extra money on a KDF85 filter instead of a standard carbon prefilter?

• Many municipalities are now using chloramines instead of chlorine to treat tap water. While regular carbon filters eliminate most of the chlorine gas in water, even the highest quality filters are only able to eliminate 60-80% of chloramines. While chlorine gas dissipates from standing tap water in as little as 24 hour, chloromines last for days or weeks. KDF85 filters eliminate 95% of harmful chloromines.
  • KDF85 filters last over 6 months - over twice as long as standard carbon filters!
  • Continue reading for even more reasons to use a KDF85 filter instead of a standard carbon filter...
Now chloramines, iron, hydrogen sulphide and heavy metals don’t stand a chance against Hydro-Logic’s newest offering in replacement filters for all their water filter units.

KDF85 is the most advanced media that one can use when it comes to filtering their water along with pre-treating water before Reverse Osmosis filters. KDF85 filters now use medical grade catalytic granular activated carbon. This ultra premium grade of carbon reduces chloramines to the lowest industry standard levels available for any carbon media. The carbon is steam activated to provide a strong, dense product with an extremely high surface area. It has a high degree of catalytic redox activity which enhances chloramine removal. It is superior to ordinary grades of activated carbon for chloramine removal and is specially acid washed, pH buffered, and rinsed with sanitized water. This special processing minimizes the possibility of metal contaminants appearing in the effluent and ensures a neutral pH effluent. Each batch of this new carbon is fully tested for metallic contaminants.

KDF85 not only has incredible chlorine and chloramines removal capabilities but it totally eliminates chlorine and helps reduce iron, hydrogen sulphide and heavy metals due the addition of the special KDF85 media; Perfect on well or spring water sources to remove many other contaminants that can cause major problems in your garden. Nutrient lockout can be caused by several factors in water quality. Water high in iron and sulfur can be very common problems that lead to decreased yield and quality. These contaminants can also quickly foul Reverse Osmosis membranes, so pre-treating the water and removing them is crucial to a properly operating filter system. KDF85 replacement filters are available for all Hydro-Logic’s Reverse Osmosis and de-chlorinating filters. These filters last twice as long as the standard carbon filters that are included with the filter units.

Your beneficial micro-organisms will thrive and be at their healthiest population by removing these harmful substances and your plants will thank you with bountiful harvest and superior quality. Pure water’s not magic, it’s logic!

chief bigsmoke

What does an Airstone do?

What does an Airstone do?

An air stone helps to provide oxygenate the nutrient solution. This oxygen is extremely beneficial to the root zone and helps to promote fast, healthy growth as well as prevent disease. This is one of the main reasons that plants growing in a hydroponic system grow so much faster than plants in soil. If you are growing in soil you can still reap some of the rewards of oxygen by simply oxygenating your water before applying it to the soil.

chief bigsmoke

Purified water?

Purified water?

Purified Water for My Plants???

Walk into any hydroponics shop and you will most likely see that they sell Reverse Osmosis water purification systems. You may ask yourself why someone would spend money on a water filter to grow plants. Most people give straight tap or hose water to their house and garden plants and they do just fine. But, what about more prized flowers and fruits? What if you only want give your vegetables the best and most pure ingredients? Most importantly, what if you were interested in pushing your plants to the max and achieving explosive growth? Serious gardeners have long realized how important pure water is to the success of their important crops. After all, water is the root of hydroponics and therefore the most important component to a healthy garden. Water acts like a carrier that bathes your root zone with nutrients, additives, and promoters.

If you look at the top nutrient manufacturer’s feed charts, you will notice a common theme. They all require using 0 PPM (parts per million) water as a starting base for the nutrient solution. Without this ultra pure base, it is much more difficult to dial in the PPM’s of your formula while making sure you have the proper amounts of each component vital to healthy growth. When the feed chart says bring the nutrient solution to 1200 PPM and you are starting with water that is at 500 PPM, what do you do? It is hard to even guess what that 500 PPM is composed of, nonetheless try and adjust for it in the nutrient formula you are trying to perfect.
The first step is to determine how bad your water is and what type of system would be most beneficial to your garden. Free water reports are available from your municipality or water company, although water quality fluctuates greatly throughout an area and over the seasons. Test kits can be ordered online and are quick and affordable. Some hydroponics shops do water testing and there are many labs that can do an analysis. A key indicator of water quality for plants is total hardness as expressed in PPM of calcium and magnesium or in Grains per Gallon (GPG). With too much hardness, the nutrient formula can be thrown out of balance and deficiencies and lockouts can quickly become a major problem. Any water source over 50 PPM of hardness should be purified. This translates to 3 GPG and is considered soft water, which few people have straight from the tap.

Organic gardeners using compost teas or bio-extraction solutions should use purified water. Anyone gardening with living micro-organisms such as beneficial bacteria, fungi and nematodes, mycorrizae, and trichoderma, must have chlorine and contaminant free water in order for those helpful microbes to survive and flourish. Unfortunately, it’s rare someone’s water source is perfect for their prized plants. Letting city water sit out overnight may get rid of some free chlorine but doesn’t affect the chloramines or other contaminants. Water from well or spring sources is often too high in minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sulfur, and iron. This water may be fine to drink but for hydroponics may be too heavy with these minerals and may contribute to nutrient lockup.

Gardeners that start using pure water never go back to untreated water. There are still plenty of people that haul 5 gallon jugs of water to their garden. They will go through these lengths to pamper their plants and make sure they only get the best. If you do the math, a water purification system from a hydroponics shop pays for itself quickly with the money and energy saved hauling water. There are several customized filtration systems available for gardening and hydroponics on the market.

BCMaster

Hey Chief, you can also apply the neem through the roots in a soil drench and it will become systemic. I have also had luck with skim milk as a foliar but after a while if you dont use a fresh water foliar the milk will dry up and look like pm itself lol