What's new

Chicago "Bin Laden" Weed

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I don't think Bin Laden smoked weed.

I don't think that has anything to do with the thread, and you are clearly trolling my posts at this point. If you don't like me that's fine, simply ignore my posts, don't blatantly post in threads I created specifically asking others WITH experience in said subject matter. You are the type of troll that tries to turn my positive day into a negative day. Well, unfortunately for you, I'm not falling for your bait. Find someone else to troll.

Bobby Boucher

We can purposefully remind each other of what is important in life by trolling one another. It's a buddhist practice.

I'm glad I had a bit of experience to share, because I was also certainly trolling in that light. I TRY to act like a turkey, all the time, just to remind people not to sweat the petty. It works wonders on the right audience.

What I WANTED to say was Rap≠Music, has more in common with ICP or Scream-O, culture industry will eventually kill all of high art and personal integrity, and that particular culture of overt criminality has ruined an entire generation, and taken the lives of people very dear to me.

I am displeased with anybody who chooses to be anything other than human. "Hood rats" "Hard asses" "White boys" "Stoners" "Jocks" "Emos" "Juggalos" etc etc etc... And all the music they listen to.

I'm sure that will buy me a lot of friends here like it has everywhere else.

All alone. No one else. Just me. By myself. Perma-G-stance.

troutman

Seed Whore
I don't think that has anything to do with the thread, and you are clearly trolling my posts at this point. If you don't like me that's fine, simply ignore my posts, don't blatantly post in threads I created specifically asking others WITH experience in said subject matter. You are the type of troll that tries to turn my positive day into a negative day. Well, unfortunately for you, I'm not falling for your bait. Find someone else to troll.

I wasn't trolling. Do you have proof Bin Laden smoked weed?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I am displeased with anybody who chooses to be anything other than human. "Hood rats" "Hard asses" "White boys" "Stoners" "Jocks" "Emos" "Juggalos" etc etc etc... And all the music they listen to.

I'm sure that will buy me a lot of friends here like it has everywhere else.

All alone. No one else. Just me. By myself. Perma-G-stance.

:respect::yes::yes:

Bobby Boucher

e444bfcc22d4b94ebac08e9b33bdf63b.jpg

My opinion on music shouldn't even count. If was made post industrial age, it's generally made to be sold to a subcategory of people, which automatically disqualifies it from being high art.

The object of art is to embrace one another, not to categorize ourselves, ostracize each other, or apathetically embrace the status quo.

Having said that, gorillaz is a guilty pleasure, sure. I force my eyes shut and voice my self loathing approval. Self loathing and apathy seem to be the main theme of their music, and the cheaper half of me can certainly appreciate that a bit.

Bobby Boucher

I don't think I stressed it enough, but fuck my opinion. For real. I am an instrumentalist. I listen to classical piano, and classical guitar. That's it. Maybe some reggae come harvest time.

I prefer pop if I'm going to indulge myself. At least it doesn't lie to itself and it's audience about its intentions. But again..

Fuck my opinion. If you think critically enough, there isn't much anything or anyone that cant be picked apart piece by piece until it's just a steaming pile of shit, and I think too much.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
lol what happened to the thread? Bobby Boucher, in the OP I specifically stated this thread is not for people who have a dislike of rap music, and kindly asked for trolls to refrain, as I was seeking information, that luckily some could provide. YOU come here throwing around terms some people choose to identify as, and/or have been thrown on them. Why the need to bring up terms such as "emo" and "hoodrat"? No one asked for your personal taste in music, that is not what this thread is about. You just admitted you are a troll. Why are you trolling this now? Do you suffer from a mental illness that is currently left untreated? I'd suggest another forum to spew your hatred and borderline racism. Also, I too am a multi instrumentalist and appreciate all forms of music. I do find it honorable that at least you admit that you like prefer solitude, and I do appreciate you coming in here to inform me that you were born and raised and never "seent" it, but to go on tagents that have nothing to do with anything is uncalled for, and are the type of posts that make ICMAG a negative experience at times.

Also, you state that rap music has more in common with ICP and screamo". ICP's style of rapping is called "horrorcore", it's a subgenre, there are countless "rap/hiphop" subgenre, and ICP were certainly not the first rappers, rap was around long before ICP. If you're referring to screamo by it's actual definition, you would realizie it is a genre of music popular in the early to mid 2000s that was had it's roots based in alternative rock, indie rock, and post pop punk. The vocals at times were "screams" of rage and angst.

There is a swamp here at ICMAG that I feel needs to be drained, as people like you come in and make ICMAG look bad by posting your self admitted trolling, and then go on to completely go off topic into your own personal life and your dislike of rap music, something I clearly disclaimed that this post isn't for anyone who has a dislike and/or hatred of rap music, is racist, or is classist. If you read that, you are clearly trolling, which I kindly asked people to refrain from doing.

This is a thread about people WITH experience in or around Chicago between September 11th, 2001, and 2003, and perhaps afterwards when the single dropped. Luckily three or four members from the area have confirmed there was indeed Bin Laden weed.

This is NOT a thread for your trolling and your likes and dislikes.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hey Tetra, you got your answer. Same as with crippy, bin laden is just a general term.

Now let us have fun please. I'm going out to smoke what I can of a gooey reefer, and will be back with a much gooder perspective, I hope.

What is that hypnotic sound in that clint eastwood song? I feel like a snake in a basket that has to respond when it plays, LOL.

Helpful tip, high terp real dank chemical smelling Queen's Candy squishes (190) rosin that has to be frozen to have any chance of collecting off parchment.

Last edited:

Bobby Boucher

Someone asked me a question, which I humbly responded to. As stated, my opinion ain't worth squat, and I don't hold it in very high esteem.

It was a dumbass pandering question, that was bound to get dumbass pandering answers. Fact.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tetra, I'm being sincere here.

You need thicker skin to survive the internet.

Hookahhead

I’m kinda with Tetra on this one, he started a thread in the Strains and Breeding section. He asked a specific question about a possible strain, and asked readers to refrain from derailing the topic. If you don’t have anything useful to contribute to the topic, and it’s not what you’re into, simply move on. I don’t understand why people even bother to click the reply button? There are other sections on this site for random banter. All that being said... I do understand that this is the internet, and that’s wishful thinking at best.

This thread brought back memories of being a young dumb kid. I remember this song vividly, and I was also a “juggalo” in my youth though I certainly don’t identify that way anymore, and haven’t for a long time. I also enjoyed the crippy thread as it’s part of the culture where I live now. Tetras posts have contributed to my experience on the forums in a positive way, the same can’t be said for other posters in this thread. I think we all agree the internet would be better with a lot less trolls, no matter how funny you think you’re being.

P.s. props to you tetra for kicking the habit and returning to your roots.

tetragrammaton

Veteran

There are plenty of places to go to on the internet where you could say I need thicker skin, but this is ICMAG and is in my opinion and many others, the ONLY usefull forum that is KNOWN for NOT having BS. I don't want to see this site turn into those other forums.

This USED to be a place where there weren't trolls, or people just ranting. If I wanted to see that, I'd be a member at other forums, but I'm not. I returned to ICMAG only to find out that it changed drastically, and while there are still very valuable old members, and even valuable new members, there are now a bunch of trolls that now destroy threads and get completely off topic. There are plenty of other websites and even sections on this site for that, but not here, and not in this thread or any thread in the Strains and Breeding section.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

ok, so here's the thing. basically none of the post that are being considered as trolling genuinely rise to being tou violations so you're asking the mods to make a judgement call. and in general i would say the mods prefer a more hand off approach. there have been times in the past where it was a bit more heavy handed and i don't think anyone wants to see that again...

so sorry,the reported post button is not a "make me an internet safe space"...

that said,if you don't have anything useful to contribute than don't,there's a whole sub-forum for nonsense,keep it to the toker's den...

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Oh that's great to know!

People can just go in and destroy threads and derail them for fun. Trolling is allowed apparently. I guess it's okay for people to fully admit they are trolling, disregard the OP, directly call the thread a "dumbass question", and fully disclaim they have some sort of disorder.

Well unlike those people, I don't feel the need to go into other peoples threads and insult their posts, or provide useless information.

I'm not the one who needs thick skin, I'm the one who has to tread on eggshells here, because it seems that now ICMAG has a bunch of SJWs, and if I say what I truly want to say, I'd obviously get instantly banned, because I don't hold back ANYWHERE except ICMAG and that is only out of respect for GYPSY.

But I guess now hating on cultures and music and insulting threads is deemed appropriate. I thought a mods job was to clean up threads so they didn't have to be filled with a bunch of BS. Clearly I was wrong.

Sickofmidz

Big hemp was actually from my home town, Aurora not Chicago, I went to school with lil hemp but he ratted on some of my guys back in the day so I can’t really go asking him questions haha. But back in the day the buds we had floating around was 3/6 (30/60, Reggie), Dro (mid grade, green buds) and Kush (high grade) Some people would claim they had bin laden weed but it was usually just some high grade, what we just called Kush, it could have been OG, Chem, Sour, Haze, didn’t matter if it was fire we just called it Kush. As for the Bin Laden though, I’m pretty sure that was just a hip hop legend.

Latest posts

Latest posts