What's new

CHHC4 USERS

THEDOO

i just picked up a chhc-4 and its up and running and have a hyrdo gen hooked up to it my room is sealed. not sure its a problem but the chhc4 does not seem to shut off quick enough if i set my co2 ppm at 1100 when it kicks on and finally shuts off the ppms rise to about 1850 its like the sensor does not react quick enough i have the co2 burner turned all the way down the only way i get it to around the ppms i want is to dial down to about 800 and let it cycle on by the time it shuts down it hits 1450 i have the sensor real close to the co2 burner but that does not help that much i could put it closer. just wondering if anyone had this issue

stussy22

How is your air circulation in the room ? Sounds like you need to move it around more.

Is there anyway you can move the sensor further away from the generator and closer to the canopy ?

Have you tired recalibrating the Co2 sensor? I think you have to do it out doors.

stu :joint:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
^what he said. Also, not sure if you are using digis, but if you are, and the ballast are two close sometimes they can interfere. But yea, I have had three chhc4s in different setups, and they all performed, and never let me down.

sentinel is prolly the only company i will ever buy atmospheric controllers from, they have always worked better than expected, just customer service is a little fucked though.

Keep it green.

aod

THEDOO

I will check to make sure its not in fuzzy mode bu ti dont think so i will put a fan in room near co2 gen and move the sensor closer to canopy but i had it there originally but moved it closer to co2 gen thinking it would detect it quicker it just seems sensor does not react quick enough and i did calibrate it before i installed it but i will do it again i will call there service dept if i still have trouble. so aod2012 your saying yours keeps your co2 dial right in and doesnt over shoot your target ppm

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
I currently am not even running c02, but when I was, it never went more than 50 ppm higher than what I set it for. Hope you get everything worked out bro.

aod

Bunz

What's your "CO2 Deadband" set at? I have my CO2 PPM set at 1050 and deadband set at 50. Co2 ranges from 998 to 1105 give or take a few ppm. I have my sensor hanging from my reflector right at canopy tops. I use bottled co2, but that shouldn't make much of a difference.

Bunz :D

THEDOO

ok set deadband to 25ppm and put a fan in the room this will be the first full day of running but it looks ok now that the fan is in there doing its job

Latest posts

Latest posts