What's new

Chevy's 80w LED blumatized coco silver skunk micro scrog

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BongJour good people of ICmag,
I'm back with another blumatized micro scrog under LED on coco over the summer.
I'm using the new 80w version of the hans LED panel in a tent with blumat irrigation, hesi nutes and cocostar coco mixed with perlite (20% perlite).

The clones I took from my med-man brand silver skunk bx1 ladies are rooting as we speak and very soon I will be back with pictures and more !!!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey nice 80gr from 65w that's amazing what are the dimensions of the led panel?

Hey Chefbudz,
thanks for stopping by!
The panel measures in at 26cm x 38cm x 4cm or roughly 10"x15"x1,5"
it's pretty compact for the output it unarguably has
take care,

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update

update

BongJour everyone,
Here's the first update WITH pics from the 6th of june.

Got good roots and a little pre veg in 10cmx10cm square pots
picture.php

now the silverskunk girls are sitting ready under the new 80w hans LED panel.
They have already been topped once at this point for good bushyness
picture.php

all the cooling this panel needs is provided by the little computer fan mounted to the aluminum top sheet which also acts as one big heat sink. very quiet to say the least.
The panel draws 80w when switched to full flower ( switch positions are seedlings, mothers and full flower).
I got very good results from the old 65w version, looking forward to the performance of this baby !!
Don't worry about the cable on the floor, I will change this asap to be off the floor. Then again it doesn't matter- the whole power and cords unit is sealed waterproof and will not mind a little moisture of even a little splash of water I hear. However I'm not going to put it to the test ;-)

And here are the ladies from a bit closer
picture.php

I'm feeding hesi TNT complex, root activator and power zyme along with a drop of super vit.
blumats will be installed once they're flipped or just before putting on the screen/ when I will not need to move them anymore.
next update follows when they are flipped to 12/12. That will be any day now.

I'm still looking into what type of screen I will use. A rigid one that I just put on top or a self supporting one with posts... or a net tied to the posts of the tent.... what do you guys think?

so far so good, take care everyone and stay safe,

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update: flip to 12/12

update: flip to 12/12

Hi everyone,
Here's the next update, this time with lights off ;-)

I flipped them to 12/12 today.

picture.php

And here's a shot with the panel:

picture.php

Everything else remains stable, nutes will now be switched to flowering.

They're still pretty small, but after stretch they will fill the space and the screen nicely. I want to keep them squat and low.

take care everyone and stay safe,

cc

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why don't you veg them out longer and grow them into the screen before flipping them to 12/12?

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why don't you veg them out longer and grow them into the screen before flipping them to 12/12?

Hi Blynx,
Been thinikng about it... I followed your advice lin my last LED grow, but it got into too much of a thicket, even with numerous defo sessions. So this time I'll use the stretch to get them aligned. That'y also why I incresed plant count from 3 to 4.
I hope I can keep everything in check, but I'm confident at this point it will work out.
Thanks for checking anyways man !!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update flower day 11

update flower day 11

Hi all,
Here's an update of day 11 of flowring.
Stretch is full on and the ladies are doing great, with the exception of cut#5 I have to say.
This cut exhibits signs of nute burn or heat stress ( all clones of my #5 do this ). What does it look like to you ?
Will have to treat her more lightly maybe or wait til she grows out of it/temps fall a bit. Feeding hesi coco nutes at full strength. all other cuts are taking it up and flourish, with this one exception.
#5 is also the most leafy one for me and smells most of blueberries when flowered.
here she is, leaves' outside are curling up -and/ or down, serrated parts look brownish/burnt as do the tips:
picture.php

here's the whole gang with panel:
picture.php

and here's a more closeup shot:
picture.php

I still haven't put on the screen, need to be careful when I do not to break anything. However it'll work, training them carefully. I even thought about the idea of traning them without a screen...what do you guys think ?

The plants are really doing great under the only 80w of the panel in full flower mode. amazing to see how much this little wattage can do in terms of PAR.
rh is at around 50% and temps are 28C/ 82F day and 20C/ 68F night.

take care everyone, next update in a bit,

cc

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you aren't going to put a screen in, I'd start super-cropping the crap outta those plants

Nice work so far Chevy. Where did you buy the LED? I would add a screen, I'm thinking it would give you better yield results.

crbs

Hello Chevy followed your topic with the panel 65w and found good results for the amount of watts. Really the top panel is Hans. I keep watching your new diary. Luck, Peace!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you aren't going to put a screen in, I'd start super-cropping the crap outta those plants

Hi blynx, Yeah I'm graviatting towards no screen, I should have approched it slightly different and put the screen in earlier. Already started bending the outwards, they look like somebody dropped a safe on them ;-)

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice work so far Chevy. Where did you buy the LED? I would add a screen, I'm thinking it would give you better yield results.

HEy Soulrebel, Not sure if I can post the link to the sales site here, but google for "bonsaihero" and you will find everything you are looking for as a LED grower. I think you're right about the screen... as I replied to blynx already, I shoud have put it in much earlier though. However I'm confident that this panel has enough power to penetrate all the way through to the lower budsites though. a decent defoliation is coming soon and that should open up everything enough. I'm already training them to form a relatively even canopy.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello Chevy followed your topic with the panel 65w and found good results for the amount of watts. Really the top panel is Hans. I keep watching your new diary. Luck, Peace!

Thanks for stopping by crbs! I will say it again, I can't complain ;-) Great output in just the right wavelengths and so little consumption... It's also a great way to grow in the summer time when you don't want too much heat in your cab. all the best, cc

SweetDee

What are you using as a Rez for the blumats and how high does it set in relation to where the blumats are ? Curious if the gravity with three inches from the top of the blumats will to the bottom of my Rez will work to flow water . I have a squat box and want to mount a custom acrylic Rez on the back while still keeping it looking good as a night stand . Awesome grow btw . I'm watching .

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are you using as a Rez for the blumats and how high does it set in relation to where the blumats are ? Curious if the gravity with three inches from the top of the blumats will to the bottom of my Rez will work to flow water . I have a squat box and want to mount a custom acrylic Rez on the back while still keeping it looking good as a night stand . Awesome grow btw . I'm watching .

Hey SweetDee, I'm using a storage box with lid from the do it yourself store, drilled a hole in, just above the bottom and equipped it with the faucet and valve from blumat. WIth blumats the rez elevation always depends on how much feedline you use, as it's gravity that moves the nute solution. For every 5m/ 15ft of tubing, the rez has to be elevated 0,5m aka 1,5ft. So for 10m/ 30ft of tubing, the rez will have to sit 1m/3ft above the blumats etc... With the faucet and valve you can turn everything that you can drill a hole into, into a reservoir. I'm using one with a lid to keep down evaporation... have fun ! cc

SweetDee

Hey SweetDee, I'm using a storage box with lid from the do it yourself store, drilled a hole in, just above the bottom and equipped it with the faucet and valve from blumat. WIth blumats the rez elevation always depends on how much feedline you use, as it's gravity that moves the nute solution. For every 5m/ 15ft of tubing, the rez has to be elevated 0,5m aka 1,5ft. So for 10m/ 30ft of tubing, the rez will have to sit 1m/3ft above the blumats etc... With the faucet and valve you can turn everything that you can drill a hole into, into a reservoir. I'm using one with a lid to keep down evaporation... have fun ! cc

awesome ill keep that in mind ,thanks !

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update 19th day of flowering

Update 19th day of flowering

Hey everyone, Next due update here.
Day 19 of flowering. The girls have been LST'd quite a bit, I decided to no put on a screen this time.
I must say I missed the right moment to put one in, now I fear I'll do more damage than good.
The canopy is however relatively evened out now, and the ladies are doing good. As It turned out in my HID grow plant#5 ( and therefore all her cuts too) is very sensitive to nutes.
I almost fried here while the others were having a great time. I flushed her good and lowered the run off PPMs from 1100 to 700 (app. EC 1). She is now recovering and all new growth is good and solid looking again.

Here are the gals:
picture.php

I put in the blumats in the meantime, everything running smooth
in this pic you can see the blumats as well as how fucked up #5 looks ( left front).
as I said she's recovering and should be back to ok in a couple days.

picture.php

I will probably have to support the branches at some point with either stakes or strings from the roof of the tent.
I lifted the Hans Panel for the pics, normally it's sitting 10cm aka 4" above the canopy.
I'm feeding a menu of slightly reduced ( 3/4) strength hesi coco, PK13-14, Powerzyme and super vit with a dose of drip celan in the rez to keep the tbes from clogging.
temps are now relatively stable at 25C/77F day and 20C/68F at night. I took some time to adjust exhaust venting and intakes as well as time schedule for day& night to get the temps down into this comfort zone. Temps were soaring before, which def. made it harder for the girls to veg.

It should be all cruise form here on hopefully ;-)

all th best,& take care everyone,

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update flower day 24

update flower day 24

Hello everyone,
Here's the update for day 24 of flowering.

There have been few issues with starving and overfertilizing and heat , especially cut #5 in the front left wtill looks a bit roughed up.

Here's one with the panel in it's regular position above the plants

picture.php

And here's another one from above, with the panel lifted

picture.php

We're pretty much halfway through!
Another 3 Weeks and we'll be done.

Nutes remain as before with a little more PK 13/14 added.

Next week the ladies will receive a full defoliation.
see next update.

take care & stay safe everyone,

cc