What's new

Cherryjuana (VerdantGreen)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, any of you that follow my grows will know that i make quite a few crosses, usually trying to stick to ibl's in order to mitigate my lack of space for selection.

Cherryjuana is Herijuana x Mr Greengenes' Cherry Bomb (which is a Maui Wowie line dating from the 70's) pollen from 2 CB males of different pheno's was used.

the F1's have been tested by myself and blimey... probably by a few more peeps in the next few months. I also donated a dozen packs to the server fund a while back and it would be great to hear from anyone who's grown them out

The idea was to get a cross with the potency and density of the heri, but with more vigor, yield, smell and taste - and so far it looks like i may have achieved that, in fact the F1's seem to lean heavily towards the Heri and i think it will be well worth taking it to F2 at some point soon

Smell is reminiscent of Cherry pez (fizzy sweets) with strong overtones of plastacine/acetone and some fruitiness. Taste reminds me (in a good way) of the better quality african import weed we used to get years ago. - but tbh i struggle to describe and identify smells so others might give a better description.

the High is what i would call a good old fashioned stone. Potent, quite introspective in a positive, uplifting way - and not too soporific

pics. this one was grown under a 100W LED, organic scrog. i was pleased with how it came out.

pink pistils is a CB trait :dance013:
picture.php

this one finished at 9-10 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all that from a 100W LED... sick.

oh and thanks for the K+

peace,
Infi

buddy holy

looks fantasic

looks fantasic

Hi mate
I am a new member and still got lots to learn in case some of my questions seem dumb.
your 100w led grow looks great , how many plants are under the scrog in your photo or how many plants do you have under the 100w led.
cheers

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Nice cross VG,

Interesting the inheritant trait of the CB which is pink pistils. Within the only two strains I have grown throwing pink pistils, was the Cherry Candy Fuel from Moonunit. Cherry smelly, but more like a cherry solvant mix. Taste and smoke density also remind me of old school landrace, but more the thai side.

The color are really nice !

Keep it Green :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the responses!

setaemies. the cab hasnt got that cold really - 65 maybe, i run the lights at night. im pretty sure the colours are not cold dependent.

buddy, that particular scrog was 1 plant in the cab under the 100W light. screen was about 11" x 18"
in some of my other cabs i run 2 and 4 plants in a modular scrog, check the links in my sig... its a good way of running multiple strains without one taking over the whole space.

titoon, you should check my Cherry Bomb gallery for pink pistils - one plant had proper shocking pink hairs going on!

VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I've grown out about 8 or 9 of these so far. Very impressive weed.

As VG said, the high is very potent, intense, introspective - but not sedative.

I found the plasticene/acetone smells a lot more common than the fruitier ones.....and cherry comes out more on the palate, a thick cherry/hash, than on the smell.

Also with colour - some are very colourful (not temperature-related....I ran my first batch in July), while others are a more traditional green. Pale pink pistils are quite common, although I haven't yet seen any rich maroon pistils, as many of you will have seen from VG's cherry bomb grow.

60 - 70 days seems about right. First ambers start to appear about 55.

Mine were grown SOG-style in 3 Litre soil pots, flowered under 400HPS. Two weeks veg, went from about 20cm (unsexed) and finished around 70cm.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I can recommend this strain without reservation. One of the best things ever to grace my tent.

buddy holy

Hi vertdant... The thing i love the most about this pastime of ours is the everyday im learning things that make me think wow and start to rethink how im going about my first future grow. im impressed
with ur 1 plant scrog with 100w led it looks proper healthy and
bountyfull (what dried return would this normally return) what strain was the single one to which i refer. 1 thing i noticed straightaway was all ur plants look really healthy, i think this only comes by having the experiance and the knowledge under your belt.
I am on a 6 month self teach crusade here mate trying to learn as much as poss before i even think about unpacking a light.
I know you only learn by your mistakes but when i do start
i want to proceed with confidence, do you think im taking the right approach or not m8 ?

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
High,

Very nice cross you been done here VG. The bud shape is very leaning on the heri side! They are rock hard?

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey VerdantGreen, sounds like an interesting cross ;). Heri and Maui for the score. Will any of these be available for retail or such in the future? GL with your project and take care 1

J

joejusttyped

Lots of heri influence. How's the taste compared to regular heri?

Sounds like something worth running, nice creation VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
High,

Very nice cross you been done here VG. The bud shape is very leaning on the heri side! They are rock hard?

Buds come out very dense. Not quite as dense as a Deep Chunk, but not far short.
Passes the squeeze test with ease :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks again for all the encouragement! :tiphat:
Hey VerdantGreen, sounds like an interesting cross
wink.gif
. Heri and Maui for the score. Will any of these be available for retail or such in the future? GL with your project and take care 1

i hope so, im thinking of making a couple of batches of f2's and if all goes well, putting some up for sale at the boo/bay. f2's should yield a wider spread of pheno's and offer some that are more Cherry Bomb leaning, although i think the heri will always be fairly dominant in the cross, which is fine. the ones i sent to the server fund were all sold very quickly, before i even sent in a proper description!
ive just made some pre98 Bubba S1's which are drying in the buds right now. i'm hoping that there will be enough to make that my first offering... and if all goes well with that then Cherryjuana will be the next project.

Lots of heri influence. How's the taste compared to regular heri?

Sounds like something worth running, nice creation VG

thanks joe, the taste is much better than the heri, which isnt hard really as the heri is pretty bland smell and taste wise ;). when this plant is dry and cured i'll try and come up with a decent smoke report...

VG