What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherryjuana F2 testers wanted.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey TR, thanks for the vote of confidence!

if peeps would prefer to get them sooner rather than later then i'll list them early in the new year... but i would at least like to make sure that the germ rates are good and that the plants arent all mutant first.

i have high hopes for the F2s as well, the F1s are great but lean towards the heri side - so being able to select for more Cherry Bomb influence in the F2s.. or whatever anyone wants - should be cool. there should be good pheno hunting to be had as well as the beginnings of a little seed line for anyone who wants to inbreed them further.

VG

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Id like to throw my hat into this ring too.

Im already campaigning to get into 2 different tester runs.

Im running outta hats.

Good luck VG and all picked testers, Ill be watching the Bay for these beans.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice to see some interest :)

i have enough F1s to make another batch of F2s as well...

i dont really want to re-make the F1 cross because the pollen i used from the CBs has been well and truly tested.

i also crossed the CB with quite a few other things like Chem D, Diesel etc etc and i may make F2s of those at some point.

VG

jm420

Veteran
I'd be down to test
5000 plus watts plenty of room to start asap
I'm running a bunch of testers now and always up for the challange
Everythings documented in a couple diffrent threads .
peace jm

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats the origin of the Heri portion?

Cheers,
B~

hey bodah, the heri was from s.annie i believe. ive grown heri from a few sources and found vary little variation in the line.

oneshot - thanks, all the testers have been sent for this now, but there will be other stuff coming up i hope

cheers

VG

greenpinky

Looks like im not a tester. Good luck to the testers.... hopefully we will see great things....any pics of the f1s V.G

H

Habel

always happy to try any thing with cherry bomb in! just planning on building a new cab will be up and running in a month or so? gona be a 250w scrong based on your original build

joe guy

Is there a therad of the flower pix someone should be at least showin pre flowers by now?
And waitin for the post that there up for grabs... Ive got all kinds of colors in my garden except pink..

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
preflowers? as far as I know theres only two testers and they both just started. VG has some intial shots but you wont see anything preflower from the testers for maybe three or four weeks.

lovekush®

Cannapioneer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, ive made a smallish batch of F2 seeds from my Cherryjuana cross (Mr.Greengenes Cherry Bomb maui x herijuana) and need a few people to test them out.
here is a thread about Cherryjuana
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238766

they will be ready to post out in about a month, the seeds will be regular male/female and, being F2s, will likely show some variation between the two original parent strains (although cherry bomb is a reasonably well behaved sativa that ripens in about 9 weeks.)

if you would like to be considered as a tester, please post here if you can:
1. pop all the seeds straight away and are prepared to post some pics of the progress and finished buds.
2. can post a smoke report.
3. post a link to some plants you have grown or a grow diary/thread that you already have up at IC.

i will generally send out 10 packs as they are regular seeds, but if you have a smaller grow and would like to be considered then i might do a five pack or two - when you should still have a very good chance of getting a girl or two.

thanks

VG

I get in line ... I can test your cross. I could make a indoor cycle if you send me 5 seeds. Let me know, I'd be happy!

B

blue green

Hi Verdantgreen,

Do you know if the pink pistils will be common in the F2's?

Thanks.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi there, the pink pistil trait from the Cherry Bomb seems to be pretty strong and because it was dominant in the F1 cross i would strongly suspect it will come through to the F2s... also the Pheno with the darkest pink pistils was the plant that produced the most seeds. in fact i divided the seeds evenly in the bags and there were 4 seeds from the dark pink pistil pheno in each pack. 2 out or the other three plants had pink pistils too but lighter in colour.

so impossible to say for sure but i'm fairly confident the trait should stay common in the line.

VG

RedEyedNReady

Who ever said, "...a watched pot never boils." is
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great stuff! I swooped a pack of em and going back for another. Thank you for the great offering