What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Bomb Seeds

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone heard of a strain named Cherry Bomb? The Bud they came out of looked like sour diesel. Can't seem to find info on it. Anyone have some info on flower times.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have been playing with Cherrychunk from Mountainhigh and the F2,s have many plants leaning heavily to the CB side and is

Mr Greengenes CherryBomb X DF´s Venomberry
crossed with two DeepChunk IBL males

The DC has not overpowered the cross and might be one of few sources currently , freebies are readily available.

Check this thread and see if anything looks similar to what you remember.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=119828

H

htownblowskush

Its a strain By Jack H
reeferm@n seeds is working the line now as far as I know

"The cherry bomb is the original CB indica that was given to me from jack herer in the late 80's. A strong stout indica of that is easy to grow and smells of cherries and incense. This is the base line of all my cherry bomb work!"

OPT

I have some Cherry Bomb II seeds from Reeferman that I bought years ago. I'm currently growing out 2 of them now. It's not the exact same as the original cherry bomb. It is a mix of a very cherry sativa leaning pheno, crossed with a indica dominant cherry pheno. Here's a pic of one of them at around 30 days from seed, after a somewhat stunted seedling stage.

OPT

indicrazy

Uh oh, Mr Greengenes is gonna flip when he sees that reeferman crap, LOL!

Head to the cannabis infirmary where greengenes hangs out, it is his strain really...

H

htownblowskush

Im just telling it how I read it...I know nothing of these "beefs" over plants that nobdy even owns in the first place

So heres the real deal

God Made the CB and we just happen to grow it lol

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I bought a pack of Reeferman Cherry Bomb from Gypsy about 7 years ago (not impressed). The description called it a Cherry Indica x Cherry Sativa.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ran several Reeferman crosses before the bust up and his departure from these forums.
Huge variety within the pack and some instability but some gems to be found as well.

Remember the Cherrybomb and others had a reputation for instability but people were happy to work round this at the time , will be running his Burmaberry this year with an open mind and a big greenhouse.

If anyone knows of anything current with these genetics would love to give them a run , wonderfull plant in a cross and wish i had a purer form.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks everyone. foo that does look very similar. Do some of the stems have a purple hue to them?

I will definitely check out Mr. Greengenes

K

kopite

Cherry bomb.... was MrGreengenes wasn't it ? (at least the sat version) he gifted some stock to reef and reef used it.... he is def the man to speak to with regards to it....

We have obtained Cherry Bomb from several sources, the original being from California and most recently we obtained Cherry Bomb from Mr. Greengenes, and his 100% Sativa Cherry Bomb meets the predominantly indica Cherry Bomb from California to create the ultimate Cherry explosion like and orgasm in a rolling paper. Soaring high, sativa dominant buzz, full on Cherry Candy flavor and smell and a respectable yield make this Cherry Bomb the best ever. High yield.

Last edited:

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've found a lot of hermies.

the seeds i have came from clones outdoor. the plants were stressed and a few dropped flowers. all the bud was seeded. it was a mix of ww, cb, early fattie, and chronic. do the offspring of these plants result in a better chance of being hermies?

Last edited:
K

kopite

Thanks everyone. foo that does look very similar. Do some of the stems have a purple hue to them?

I will definitely check out Mr. Greengenes

yes red stems are the ones with most flav I think...

This is a cross between a California indica Cherry Bomb and Mr. Greengenes Cherry Bomb with Maui Wowie origins. To get the best cherry flavor select plants with the most red in the stems. Mr. Greengenes has mentioned this in his Cherry Bomb, and I have found the same correlation in Reefermans Cherry Bomb II. The red striping is variable throughout both phenotypes. I recorded the degree of striping before flowering and compared the flavor and smell after. Just as Mr. Greengenes had said, the more red striping, the more cherry flavor and smell.

bestia

Anyone try the newer CB indica that's currently available? I still have a pack of Royal Hawaiian from years ago I will probably never pop, I think I will give them to a friend.

I have some Cherry Bomb II seeds from Reeferman that I bought years ago. I'm currently growing out 2 of them now. It's not the exact same as the original cherry bomb. It is a mix of a very cherry sativa leaning pheno, crossed with a indica dominant cherry pheno.
If my memory is correct, OPT is on point as far as CB II being a hybrid of of the different versions Reeferman received from JH and Mr. Greengenes. I've run both the CB Indica and CB II from Reeferman. The CB II was real nice and I took her at 70-75 days with a bountiful yield. Some old head's commented on how it reminded them of some good smoke from the 80's. IMO the only downside was the taste. It wasn't a bad taste, but there was room left for improvement.

The Cherry Bomb Indica is much different. Much shorter and a slower grower out of the two. Dense buds with a 9 week flower time that resulted in a moderate yield. Solid buzz with a nice taste, but no cherry undertones could be detected.

The CB II has been around these parts for the past 6 years and has become a favorite of some. The CB Indica is nice, but not nearly as good as the CB II in terms of buzz quality and yield. The CB Indica, however, does combine well in x's and IMO that is where its strength lies.

On a side note, my bro obtained 2 packs of the CB Indica from HD almost 2 years ago and about 1/3 of the beans were weak...still green and underdeveloped. Shame on Reeferman and HD for selling immature beans and not stepping up to correct it.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_0312.jpg