What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry AK47 pheno

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I would start with 100 plants and work with those until the elusive cherry pheno shows up. You may find some on the first run if you're lucky. Use small cups to grow the plants and flower them to make them more manageable. Good luck friend. Keep us posted.

LostTribe

Premium user
Ive never used them, but Bens Nursery on Strainly has the original Cherry AK47 cut. Theyve had it since 2003. $100usd for 1. $230 for 3.
I saw that. These old JW AK's are a mix of phenos. So far I had a thick greasy golden indica leaner and a tall skinny encrusted fresh sativa leaner 11w'er. I still have another pack or so but that cut is probably pretty good.

RobertFripp

Anyone verified it's the legit cherry pheno?

All I can tell you is that this company has been in business 25 years, and they test for plant diseases 2x a year.
Usually you wont stay in business 25 years if youre a rip off.

They say they have the receipts, and proof they have the strains they say they do.

Receipts/proof we have the strains!
25+ Years of Cloning and Cultivation Experience.
Providing Clones for Commercial Facilities and
Sharing Elite Strains with this Great Community!

All strains are clone-only, tested, and proven!
Plants are vigorously rooted in 1.5" rockwool,
healthy, 6" tall, pest free, and ready to grow!
All mothers tested for HLVD twice a year!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
All I can tell you is that this company has been in business 25 years, and they test for plant diseases 2x a year.
Usually you wont stay in business 25 years if youre a rip off.

They say they have the receipts, and proof they have the strains they say they do.

Receipts/proof we have the strains!
25+ Years of Cloning and Cultivation Experience.
Providing Clones for Commercial Facilities and
Sharing Elite Strains with this Great Community!

All strains are clone-only, tested, and proven!
Plants are vigorously rooted in 1.5" rockwool,
healthy, 6" tall, pest free, and ready to grow!
All mothers tested for HLVD twice a year!
Ya they are full of shit … they go and rename whatever they got as a cut that’s in demand or rare… I’ve never worked with them ever yet at one point we’re using my name and claiming to have cuts from my room !!!!! Which were just clones they renamed to make a quick buck…. Had hella ppl hit me up asking it they have this and that from me …. After some ig drama they took my name and the genetics down off their list … but I still wouldn’t trust them

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Ya they are full of shit … they go and rename whatever they got as a cut that’s in demand or rare… I’ve never worked with them ever yet at one point we’re using my name and claiming to have cuts from my room !!!!! Which were just clones they renamed to make a quick buck…. Had hella ppl hit me up asking it they have this and that from me …. After some ig drama they took my name and the genetics down off their list … but I still wouldn’t trust them
25 yrs my ass lol 95% of strainly is young hustler 25 yrs old atleast pumpin unverified or make believe cuts…. Few ppl there are legit but there are some of ya do some research

William76

25 yrs my ass lol 95% of strainly is young hustler 25 yrs old atleast pumpin unverified or make believe cuts…. Few ppl there are legit but there are some of ya do some research

I gotta agree!,I'm having trouble getting cuts just now but I still wouldn't use it,heard a few things.(untested clones etc),76

I have been looking for a cherry AK to grow for awhile. I've only had it once but man did i love it. The only seed bank i've found that advertises it is the Homegrown Cannabis Co. Going to look in to getting a pack once im done with the Bubba Cheesecake and GelatO.G I recently purchased. I have not seen or read any reviews though.

Happy Times

Wow that’s pretty shady

Fabipakalolo

hella jelly and jelly donutz use very cherry
both from humboldt seed co

may be worth a try if your lookin for somethin cherry

goodluck

LostTribe

Premium user
Floral sweet flowery sativa AK47 11w finish
full

LostTribe

Premium user
I also had a fatter one but its more golden and indica. The other female I ran out of room on so it got culled. I have 3 packs left. Might look at that cutting going around. I think I found it locally at a dispensary. Seems light cherry and looks like the old stuff. I hit this same sativa with C99 f5 pollen I had frozen which are finishing up.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Hints of cherry. Joey Weed f2 stock from the depot in 2017. Great plant and the line definitely was more sativa/NLD leaning, supposedly from before serious changed the parents around 2000...

Went through a lot of subpar plants to find her; popped 3 packs...

full

:greenstars:
wow ... looks like those we loved in the 90' ...
we growed them outdoors... together with Kali Mist which was always too late... ;-)
White Widow (Ingemar) AK47 Jack (later 90) and Kali where killer first edition... than they lost the cut's because of raid's ... and all changed... begin 2000 ... when the first lot of seeds where gone ;-) improving the line haha
it all got worse... was happy to see that there still some old lines exist.. or let's say F2 + F3 ...
did we know... we would have kept cut's ...
Joey Weed are always good ...
hemp depo never disappointed ... they send worldwide... but old school homepage ... same as the owner... love it... very good prices too...
btw.. got a pre 2000 pack from a friend here... but only 3 made it...
the best will kept as cut... and also hazed' :)
thx for sharing those true ak47 sativa leaning images...
M.:smoker:

P.S. forgot genetics... AK47 »»» Colombia x Mexico x Thailand x Afghanistan
Colombia x Mexico was from Sam ... a selected cut he sold or gave away
Thailand too but Simon said it's his own sourced...
one Afghan was from Sam also around by that time...
think only the Thai was from Simon and the inbreed Afghan from Sam's stock...

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
:greenstars:
wow ... looks like those we loved in the 90' ...
we growed them outdoors... together with Kali Mist which was always too late... ;-)
White Widow (Ingemar) AK47 Jack (later 90) and Kali where killer first edition... than they lost the cut's because of raid's ... and all changed... begin 2000 ... when the first lot of seeds where gone ;-) improving the line haha
it all got worse... was happy to see that there still some old lines exist.. or let's say F2 + F3 ...
did we know... we would have kept cut's ...
Joey Weed are always good ...
hemp depo never disappointed ... they send worldwide... but old school homepage ... same as the owner... love it... very good prices too...
btw.. got a pre 2000 pack from a friend here... but only 3 made it...
the best will kept as cut... and also hazed' :)
thx for sharing those true ak47 sativa leaning images...
M.:smoker:

P.S. forgot genetics... AK47 »»» Colombia x Mexico x Thailand x Afghanistan
Colombia x Mexico was from Sam ... a selected cut he sold or gave away
Thailand too but Simon said it's his own sourced...
one Afghan was from Sam also around by that time...
think only the Thai was from Simon and the inbreed Afghan from Sam's stock...
Had half of them barely sprout and after getting the husks off most were strange or didnt make it. Had 3 males all end up ladyboys before any pollen dropped.