What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry (18% CBD/0.2% THC) s1 open-pollination breeding project

socogrower

Kief I don't suppose you know anyone here in Co that has cuts of the Cherry do you? Seems difficult to find....any help would be greatly appreciated!

TerpeneDream

A lot of Drama with this strain, here in CO.

So, sorry KiefSweat if I came off abrupt.

Lot's of Charlatans in this field….

There's a "Co-op" (nothing of the sort. Greedy monopoly is what they are) in Fort Collins who claims the Cherry is theirs. They aren't breeders, so how could it be?! If you look in some of the Foco papers, you'll see them mentioned (Scene Mag, cough cough).

They won't share the cut and are charging out the ass for the weak ass coconut oil they sell.

I recently heard they are trying to sue another group who is using the plant. Gross. And they claim to be 'anti-wallstreet'…yea right. Fuckin' hypocrites.

Annnyway… I was given a plant (before I told them off, and called them charlatans!). That's where I got the seeds. But more importantly, I was given a plant from the gentleman who gave the co-op the plant, and those are the seeds I prefer.

I am happy to share cuttings of the f1's I have going, as well as any future seeds I make…

This is medicine.

Pics of the s1's coming soon!

TerpeneDream

What traits are you looking for in the Himalayan, Ace's PCK, 91 Chemdog, Sour Diesel,Chunky Diesel and Master Kush?

The PCK is a awesome breed tool, I use it for the Linalool and flavonoid.

The Cherry sounds like a awesome strain.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Idk man, I'm just a beginner. Those are just the strains I have going.

The PCK has strawberry/blackberry aromas, so I thought that would go nice with the Cherry. The Chunky Diesel is chocolate/grape so that should be nice too. The others, just some nice plants I've collected thus far...

Last edited:

KiefSweat

Veteran
fuck man the cbd game is sad, my original goal was to make sure it got grown, i should have be more worried about getting paid. But its funny when I see people claiming they "bred" it or whatever, I was given the cut from a very good friend and been growing it for years and then making seed etc. I don't even like to call it mine, for ever it never had a name either, just called it cherry from the flavor profile since so many people asked what it was called.

lol yea i know the deal, i was working with them years ago and never got paid (surprise), the anti wall street shit is funny, pretty sure they sold the cuts to some people who approached me for it, but in the conversations I had behind the scenes wall street kept on getting brought up. Ain't no one got a $100 million valuation in the hemp game.

They had some great plans for selling cbd at 1cent a milligram think i saw it going for ten cents when i checked.

Whatever, i'll just make sure more people grow it ;)

and pass seeds out sell em, whatever, if you put some work in I don't care really if its done with some integrity unlike what we see.

sounds like you know the dude who did the test crop last summer. The clones originally where supposed to go from me to a tissue culture lab...

Last edited:

TerpeneDream

Haha, yup…They ramble on about 1c a mg, but it's 10c. Those people are hypocrites, can't stand em. 10c/mg IS wall street prices if you ask me, plus all the other shit their doing. They ripped my friend off big time too. Their model will burn, fuck 'em.

Anyways... Onward and Upward!

I'm in this thing for the love of Cannabis and for medicine. I'll never charge anyone for a cut, so if someone likes what I got, just ask :)

Last edited:

KiefSweat

Veteran
it sucks too cause at any sort of scale you can still make some good money at 1cent.
10cents is aiming at half a million + an acre, smh.

TerpeneDream

Good point ^

Chunky Diesel is a really great strain. I think it's Sour Diesel x Tom Hills Deep Chunk

It's pure chocolate and grape, in both smell and taste...

KiefSweat

Veteran
cbd production is cheaper if your trying to grow it industrially, A few years pack I had approached a dispensary about it, they where not to happy with taking 20% less on the bottom line due to yields etc when comparing to some 8 week strain they where currently growing.

you know whats funny about the r4 and cw too is that for years have heard from someone i know how it was stolen from them etc, the r4 was but according to some of the data published over the summer from the dna testing done the r4 and cw are not even related. On the other hand you see all the cbd cannatonic strains clustered together/

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Yeah, Juanita is still my favorite CBD strain, and I'm just starting a grow of her. I would love to grow more CBD strains. So far I've tried smoking Juanita, Nordle, Harlequin, and AC/DC.

The whole CBD Wave has a very convoluted past. Luckily where I am CBD is the same price, but supply goes FAST! This is why I'm growing my own.

KiefSweat

Veteran
there's some retailers that will be carrying it, but i've got tests so i can sell it as a hemp product at least in state with no issues

socogrower

Ill be looking as well. Kief would love to work something out with ya. Or anyone else who does have Cherry. If I knew how to Pm ya I'd do that lol...new to this. But have 50+ strains I'd be willing to trade. plus a few high cbd strains (AC/DC Thunderstruck Cannatsu and Torox I believe....). I'm really just looking for something that is a high Cbd that can be grown with a hemp license verses having to grow it underneath an mj license and have it go against my plant count.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like you've got a fun project on your hands.

I'm curious where you were planning on getting pollen from for these crosses?

For the Cherry plants you might acquire some silver solution (either colloidal or STS) and preserve each individual in seed form as S2s. Reason I suggest this is to preserve what they were breed for originally,high CBD traits.

TerpeneDream

I'm really just looking for something that is a high Cbd that can be grown with a hemp license verses having to grow it underneath an mj license and have it go against my plant count.

This would be nice. I've heard things like it has to be so many feet away from you THC garden. Idk though. Would love to find the exact laws on this… Good point. Also, 50 posts and you can pm here.

I'm curious where you were planning on getting pollen from for these crosses? For the Cherry plants you might acquire some silver solution (either colloidal or STS) and preserve each individual in seed form as S2s. Reason I suggest this is to preserve what they were breed for originally,high CBD traits.

Well, for these plants I'm just growing bag-seed from the Cherry, grown (sensi, from clone) outdoors this past season…

I'm guessing the seeds will be a mixed bag as far as THC:CBD ratios are concerned. So far all 5 have a very "Cherry" smell, even from being very small plants in VEg..

I've had to keep these at a friends for the last month :/ So that's why I haven't had pics to update. But I'm getting them back now! :) So pics to come soon.. (My friend, who has never grown before had them in a small closet. He said it looks like a couple *might* be male. Hope so!)..that would be the only way this round would produce any seed), if not I'll knock them up with some Black Lime f's, or Blueberry f2's, or some BB x 1973 Highland Mexican Guerrero) ..next round :D

DabStar

Not in the loop of Colorado is there any known groups that will supply cbd rich oils to terminally ill patients free of charge. I think if there is a standard should be set it should be that. I understand disabling pain as my back screams after about 5 minutes. Yet I am able to overcome the pain and find ways to make money and take care of my kids. I feel as those who are in late cancer stages and seizure disorders would be very applicable as they make almost any work impossible. Kids with seizures make me feel there burden as life on top of a # a month in medication so there kid can have a quality of life like others in some cases makes me feel like a person who takes any kind of compensation is a crook. I would love to move to Colorado and free the CBD.

TerpeneDream

Well I finally got my plants back!

My friend let them too dry on a few occasions, but most plants made it!

No food since birth, a little dry alfalfa in the water.

1 male, 4 female. The male and 2 of the females are over 3ft. Not bad for being jammed in a lil closet!

watch

So these seeds came from a very small plant in a sensi-from-clone-field. Wonder if the plant just got stressed and thought it needed to spread her genes, so created regular seed?

I didn't know a male gets so seeded in VEGETATION stage?!

I'm going to veg for another couple weeks, bring them back to health, then flip!

They all smell just like cherry! Some a little more piney

'91 Chem, Sour Diesel, Chunky Diesel, GG#4, and Master Kush are getting knocked up!

24933371146_3e977f694e_c.jpg
[/url]