What's new

Chemdog D clone

M

Marathanman

Got the legendary Chemdog D in veg but know very little about it. Any info would be greatfully appreciated i.e flower time and whether it responds well to topping. At the moment its growing quite vertically compared to some of the bushier cuttings so was thinking of topping it. I've read the whole chemdog 91 story but know little in practical terms about the D clone. Will post some pics as she progresses. :ying:

Big Eggy

Veteran
Try searching chemdog 101, it's a good read.. Would post a link but i'm on my phone. Congrats on the cut I hope it performs for you.

M

Marathanman

Heres first pics.

Attachments

• ChemD1.JPG
    ChemD1.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Chemd2.JPG
    Chemd2.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 28
  • Chemdogd3.JPG
    Chemdogd3.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Chemdogd4.JPG
    Chemdogd4.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 19

mack 10

Veteran
nice find marathanman,good to know she's doing the rounds in the uk.i am green with envy.lol mack

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Iirc d clone finishes earlier than 10 wk i think the ibl an #4 are ten weekers read that on here in rezs forum 60-63 days was mentioned for the original d

hth pal

theherbalizor

Veteran
The chem d clone is most potent if left to go 11-12 weeks but you lose a fair bit of flavour.

I like 65-72 day chem d best.

Performs best after a veg, not so good for sog no veg. Loves to be topped. Medium to high feeder.

This is my all time favourite smoke. She has been here in the uk for a few years now and all that are new to here can not believe the flavours... If they like the chem funk that is. What's not to like. Lol

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah the chem d has really grown on me, nicely pitched buzz. couchy but with some buzz and head to it. good taste. i'll be keeping it around - i preferred it to the diesels which were a bit mongy for me.

nomaad

Veteran
I will take her to 63 days or so in this year's black box. started her a little later so i can leave them uncovered at night longer this year... last year, the high humidity during the dark cycle under tarps worked against the density and tightness of the nug. Flavor, however, was spectacular.

2010 Chem D @53 days (took it down at 64):
2010_0809-008.jpg

M

Marathanman

The chem d clone is most potent if left to go 11-12 weeks but you lose a fair bit of flavour.

I like 65-72 day chem d best.

Performs best after a veg, not so good for sog no veg. Loves to be topped. Medium to high feeder.

This is my all time favourite smoke. She has been here in the uk for a few years now and all that are new to here can not believe the flavours... If they like the chem funk that is. What's not to like. Lol

Thanks Herbalizor for the info. Was planning on giving her a long veg as there won't be room in the flowering tent for another 5 weeks or so. Its not showing too much of the Mosiac thing but it is on a couple of the leaves.:ying:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Thanks Herbalizor for the info. Was planning on giving her a long veg as there won't be room in the flowering tent for another 5 weeks or so. Its not showing too much of the Mosiac thing but it is on a couple of the leaves.:ying:

aha ive got a chronic that looks just like that thought it was a deficiency its done it twice now but im not keeping it dont like the cured smell from it al throw up a pic :tiphat:

peace

E

e4ian

here's my chemdawg d.starting to do better now its under a more powerful light

M

Marathanman

It will take of now, mines over taken cuttings that are a couple of weeks older. Be interesting to see a pic of your chronic roll it large.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Good to see that Chem D is in good hands in the UK, she will get to Ireland someday. Herb what are the flavours like if taken to 11-12 weeks?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
not sure of ur souce but i got her to a few ireland and alot of my uk boys lol with some other usa greats she makin her way around ... 75 is perfect with co2 room 77 without co2 but can be taken from 9wks on but 75-77 to get best flavor and high imo ,,,, instead of toppin rightnow what i would do if fim just nip the main tip and watch her fukin explode then trim her up and ull have more cuts then ya no what to do with... top later on to controle size... she double maybe a but more strtch depending on ur lights and is a cal mag whore give her call mag atleast till wk8 if u nowm cut out calmag early she needs it... hope this helps ya ...

nomaad

Veteran
My experience the the Chem D is that the longer it goes, the more the flavor tends toward the "wrecky" or NYCD flavor profile... the earlier you take it, the more it retains the fuely notes that I love about Og Kush and Sour Diesel (from the ECSD line).

I have tried 80 day indoor CD, and the flavors were kind of tapped out. It was stoney as hell, but the brightness of any flavor it once had was gone and a sort of musty (hard to describe) version of the flavor had replaced it. The high was outrageous, though. Insteant and right behind the eyes. But in the end, I am all about the flavor and the aroma.

This year: 65.. a su punto.