What's new

Chemdawg D... why not?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello stinky greenthumbs,

We've just finished a harvest of FFA, Schrom, Blueberry, Flo, C99, Chem 91, Chemdawg #4, and of course... Chemdawg D. We have some late-term Apollo11 Original recipe plants from seed to show you soon, in another thread. Thought I'd mention them since they're coming next. ;)

The Chems continue to impress me. It's hard to beat them for both their yields, and the quality of the smoke. not to mention, they clone vigorously, grow uniformly and strong, and the bag appeal is nearly off the charts.

Here are a few shots of the Chem D.

We're supposed to be getting hooked up for a modern internet connection sometime in the next week or so, so I'll start posting more pics again when we're juiced up properly. I'll snap shots of the above-mentioned buds, dry, and post them when the connection is appropriately speedier. ;)

Peace,
cc

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

H

Hazeseeker

Damn CC that looks killer bro, buds actually have a silver tint there's so much resin:canabis:, somebody invent smelly vision will ya so i can smell those buds lol, great job as always man:joint:
do you use liquid ferts or teas for feeding?

peace

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My regimen is ALWAYS changing. This crop was grown with mostly GH ferts, but ammended a couple times with FoxFarm Tiger Bloom. But again, I don't stick to any one regimen for long... I'm way too curious to stick to any one way of growing. :)

do you use liquid ferts or teas for feeding?

peace

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Now that's a cut I wish I had.... Those buds look absolutely beautiful CC!!

I'm really hopeing Rez is able to capture some of that beauty in seed form for us here on icmag.. I know I for one am really looking forward to trying those seeds..

Hey cc sorry to be off topic, but I'm really interested in knowing if u have tried flushing with the out of range ph solution yet, and how it turned out for you? if you dont want to clog this thread up with that, I suppose you could drop a pm. I was just really interested when you brought up wanting to try it in anothher thread of yours.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
amazing line up!!!

FFA, Schrom, Blueberry, Flo, C99, Chem 91, Chemdawg #4, and of course... Chemdawg D

i cant wait to see the A11...

Totaly Jaw Droping

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey cc sorry to be off topic, but I'm really interested in knowing if u have tried flushing with the out of range ph solution yet, and how it turned out for you? if you dont want to clog this thread up with that, I suppose you could drop a pm. I was just really interested when you brought up wanting to try it in anothher thread of yours.

Well, I adjusted my water upward to about 10 pH and flushed with it. The results: TERRIBLE!!! Worst smoke I've grown since I first started growing.

However, this means nothing except that 10 pH didn't work, it's just one attempt. Other parameters may be more fruitful. For me, however, the terror of the bad, bad, bad bud I produced with my first attempt has scared me away from trying it again any time soon. So... it's up to others to experiment for now. :)

The question: Does an out-of-range pH value help flush a plant by making nutrients unavailable to the plant???

G. Sensi

Absolutely incredible!!

CC you've taken the Chem to a whole new level...

I dont think DeBeers could produce a more gleaming, twinkling, shining specimen than those... Its like you glazed them with Diamond dust! :nono:

Could I please have the honour of nominating the last one for Photo of the Month?

Much Respect

-G

Kinderfeld

very nice plants cc K+
2 qs
1. how long do you feel the d should go?
2. Is it just me or do the chems have a somewhat distinct calyx shape to the point of looking like there is a seed inside...I keep looking funny at my chem genetics thinking there is a seed maybe only to find myself squeezing a calyx for no good reason...especially the lower bud sites, maybe I am just crazy but in your first pic it somewhat shows what I am talking about...

one more q, have you ever found a late nanner with her?

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
I got some Qs too.

How does she compare to the 4?

Do you think she would do well on a strictly organic regimen?

I am really digging the frostiness of her. I have the Chem4 and have high hopes for her. If she does well with my grow style, she might be a staple plant. I would, however, loike to try the D and compare the two.

P.S.: You are really getting good at your photography to bud. Capturing those trichs is harden than most would think.

K

kallenavndk

OMG SHE IS A CRYSTAL BEAST, MADE ME PISS ME PANTS OF HAPPYNESS
Rep Comming at ya she is so tasty m8 ...Thank You for this Great Upper :D

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Well, I adjusted my water upward to about 10 pH and flushed with it. The results: TERRIBLE!!! Worst smoke I've grown since I first started growing.

However, this means nothing except that 10 pH didn't work, it's just one attempt. Other parameters may be more fruitful. For me, however, the terror of the bad, bad, bad bud I produced with my first attempt has scared me away from trying it again any time soon. So... it's up to others to experiment for now. :)

The question: Does an out-of-range pH value help flush a plant by making nutrients unavailable to the plant???

Well, IMO no, if it makes her unhappy don't do it.... I was told to flush with plain water, or RO [which I do not use @any other time] as Ph- will add P or N [depending on brand] ... not making it that much of a real flush... there are also new products like Canna's Flush that may do it better than just plain H2O

nice sticky Chems btw

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could I please have the honour of nominating the last one for Photo of the Month?

Much Respect

-G

I guess so! hehehe I have never won one of those, I don't think so anyhow. :)

Thanks, bro.

very nice plants cc K+
2 qs
1. how long do you feel the d should go?
2. Is it just me or do the chems have a somewhat distinct calyx shape to the point of looking like there is a seed inside...I keep looking funny at my chem genetics thinking there is a seed maybe only to find myself squeezing a calyx for no good reason...especially the lower bud sites, maybe I am just crazy but in your first pic it somewhat shows what I am talking about...

one more q, have you ever found a late nanner with her?

1. Depends. :) If you're looking for taste... I like them older, like 75-80... For production, 60 is good. persoanlly, I determine harvest time based on how well flushed the plant is when I need them to be cut! hehehe But never before 60 days as a general rule for MOST pot plants, including Chem D.

2. Those puffy calyxes are preflowers, and they seem to get big and puffy on almost all strains, save for some of the more sativa-doms. As for calyx structure of the Chems, they are very similar to true kushes IMO.

3. Yes, absolutely. Chem D spits out nanners late in flower almost consistently. I don't get any pollenation from them though, so it's not an issue as far as I'm concerned. :)

I got some Qs too.

How does she compare to the 4?

Do you think she would do well on a strictly organic regimen?

Thank you. :)

1. The D and the #4 are very, very similar in bud structure, however, the taste and smell are completely different. The #4 smells very, VERY similar to the SFV OGK, lemony candy. The #4 has really grown on me recently. The first time I tried it I was a little on the ropes over it because it wasn't as powerful smelling as the Chem D was. My mind is changed, however. I like them both very much for their own characteristics. The D smells rancid most of the time. I have some descriptions of what I think it smells like, but some Chem D superfans take issue with my translation of the smell. :) The #4 smells lemony, the Chem D smells terrible/awesome at the same time. Go figure. :)

As far as yield... they're damn close, but after growing them side-by-side several times now, I have to say the #4 out-yields the D.

2. Absolutely. :) Any plant should excell with a healthy organic feeding regimen. :)

:wave:

Thanks for popping in to say high. :) Nice to see you all. cc

Brastaman

CC, always a beauty.

mister postman kinda stole some thunder cuz i was wondering the same thing about the out of range pH question. :p

-did you adjust your water up with some pH adjuster or did you use plain water(tap water) that was out of pH range?

glad to see these pics cuz they LOOK identical to some chembx2 plants i came across. the ones i have match your description TOO! rotten/stinky/horribly good smell and it transfers to the taste.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what was this bud like in comparison to the new stuff...

this one looks amazing,,,,when i saw this pic i wanted to try PureBlendPro

20Chemdog_D_June_harvest.jpg

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CC, always a beauty.

mister postman kinda stole some thunder cuz i was wondering the same thing about the out of range pH question. :p

-did you adjust your water up with some pH adjuster or did you use plain water(tap water) that was out of pH range?

glad to see these pics cuz they LOOK identical to some chembx2 plants i came across. the ones i have match your description TOO! rotten/stinky/horribly good smell and it transfers to the taste.

I adjusted with pH UP, ahich adds a lot of junk. I figure that's probably at least half of why the bud sucked... but it shouldn't have been that bad with just a little pH UP. I think the pH itself was at least partly to blame. But not sure.

-----------------------------
Well, Rick, I haven't tried this new batch yet, so it's not possible to comment about the differences just yet. :)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry CC ,,,i didnt relize,,,im actualy "over exited"

that last pic i posted is My number1 Fave ChemD shot .....

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
think the best idea is just to pullout all the P/K and run the plant on fresh water and carbs, for the last 2 weeks,,,,

graph2.gif

supi1012

cc or anyone else whos grown the d.... do you feel like it needs extra nitrogen to stay green up until the flush??? i grew it once and it yellowed up way before the rest of the plants. tryin to dial it in this time if possible. any help would be appreciated..
also, i see alot of peeps here compare the 4 and the d. i dont have access to the 4 but i have d and '91 both from a reliable source. d reeks with a stem rub. 91 not as much. 91 looks and smells more like my headband. anyone able to compare the 91 and the d in terms of taste, potency, quality of high????
ps ive since started using cal-mag and it seems like it makes everything stay green. chemdawg likes cal-mag?

A

Aerokush101

PBP is nice but BIOBIZZ is addictive. I'm looking for replacement nutes but I can't find one.