What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ChemD

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
10wks

Attachments

• E2C30D81-EB00-4970-BB60-965436BDC116.jpeg
    E2C30D81-EB00-4970-BB60-965436BDC116.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 203
  • 05599F0A-8806-4664-94FC-5525794C64BD.jpeg
    05599F0A-8806-4664-94FC-5525794C64BD.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 202
  • 81B2F514-EA4A-4746-BB3A-E80B915C27E9.jpeg
    81B2F514-EA4A-4746-BB3A-E80B915C27E9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 190
  • FFCE375B-46BD-4716-84B8-D8B0FAA8B4DF.jpeg
    FFCE375B-46BD-4716-84B8-D8B0FAA8B4DF.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 208

Diesel0889

Not sure what chem d cut you got there.. I can post the mom I just last week reset to clone. Not flower pics atm but I can say with certainty that that does not look like the original clone only chem d cut to me. Here is mine. It's a baby on the rack atm. Crazy composter on Instagram also has the same cut. Many many grows to feast your eyes on. He is one that does the cut justice. This I have aquired 2 places. A member on strainly that seems to not be doing it as of late. (Thought i lost my cut i had for mom). I didnt though! Also about 15-16 years ago from my buddy that got it from or fam member of the source. Both were the same. I have also had and ran side by side of the "phinest" cut. I agree with many it is not the same. Verigated leaves look different and it also does this leave twist every now and again. This was in a VERY dialed room following vpd. No till in coots mix, grass roots los beds, kashi, photo plus, agsil 16h, aloe powder etc.

The only cut I've ever known not to be verigated was recently given to me by CLTVRS and it was sourced from Derrick at green dragon... have not flowered that one yet... who knows as it only has a couple small leaves so can't say it won't show down the rd I guess. However my old mama from way back. Shows it in every leaf. Chem d loves no till/probiotic environment though. You have any info on the cut.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here’s another I dug out this am, knew I had a few more I. There somewhere, lol

Attachments

• E34EBC45-DF46-4666-A126-34B0BD7244F2.jpeg
    E34EBC45-DF46-4666-A126-34B0BD7244F2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61

Diesel0889

20220422_114653.jpg

Mine (chem fam cut) few day after hardened off (one I thought I lost!). Reset the 91 skva cut and ssh, ecsd, daywrecker, chem sis, gmo smf and a few others. Rack was full. Need a bigger veg room!

Sorry she not much to look at atm but somthing! Also no disrespect ment your plant looks good! Smoke good regaurdless!

Happy growing!

Diesel0889

Yes silica will help clean it up in flower or least make it less noticeable. I'm not a salt guys so for me it is agsil 16 h from BAS. Way cheap to make and a great product!

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18126684
Mine (chem fam cut) few day after hardened off (one I thought I lost!). Reset the 91 skva cut and ssh, ecsd, daywrecker, chem sis, gmo smf and a few others. Rack was full. Need a bigger veg room!

Sorry she not much to look at atm but somthing! Also no disrespect ment your plant looks good! Smoke good regaurdless!

Happy growing!
No worries bro, been around for sometime. Grew ChemD years ago, cut came outta the DHK. Did some outcrosses and such.

so I know full well there are many cuts around with the ChemD tag, same with the SourD.

Diesel0889

No worries bro, been around for sometime. Grew ChemD years ago, cut came outta the DHK. Did some outcrosses and such.

so I know full well there are many cuts around with the ChemD tag, same with the SourD.

Shit drives me nuts you either have it or you don't. Anyone run (green dragons cut) of chem d. I was given a rough clone of it but it don't look like my chem fam cut? Was it a bx, s1 or some other nonsense. Anybody know? I sure don't but hey I'm a east coast guy. He is a world away. Cut was from/in CO when it was sent to me.

hyposomniac

I would say looks aren't the best way to ID a plant..
E.g., GrowOff on ig, they send the same clone to a big group of growers and end up with what looks like 20 different plants

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The leaf streak isn't a great way to ID the legit Chem D either... sure the legit Chem D does have the leaf streak/variegation... but it is also a heritable trait so any offspring of the Chem D can also have it too.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So how do you know with certainty that this is the actual chem d and not some chem family offspring or other relation, if any relation at all?
Well I don’t, lol. All a guy can do is state what the source or clone service says it is.

if it mattered that much I could contact Ray and find out we’re exactly the cut came from. Haven’t heard anything bad or sketchy from his service, and what he carries are original gear and breeder cuts.

been around these forums for over 22yrs, have heard it all, I’ll leave it up to you guys to hash it out.