What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chem D.

2bags

Hi Mack,

Beautiful pics pal.

You've probably tried this already, buylt I would recommend taking a cutting from your outdoor plant just before she starts budding and then mother that cut out to compare with your current mother.

I find this helps restore vigour to tired mother plants and ensures healthy cuttings for generations to come with no genetic drift.

In my experience genetic drift is a myth. My opinion is that clones tend to lose vigour from poorly maintained mothers as opposed to multiple cloning generations.

That outdoor chem looks incredibly healthy. Respect.

mack 10

Veteran
^^that exactly why she's outside. you put into words much better than me though.
mack.

soopy

Veteran
^^^word. I just did this to some old moms and I had cuts if the White root in 4 days after a month or so outside.

fwiw

T

TREE KING

Hi Mack,

Beautiful pics pal.

You've probably tried this already, buylt I would recommend taking a cutting from your outdoor plant just before she starts budding and then mother that cut out to compare with your current mother.

I find this helps restore vigour to tired mother plants and ensures healthy cuttings for generations to come with no genetic drift.

In my experience genetic drift is a myth. My opinion is that clones tend to lose vigour from poorly maintained mothers as opposed to multiple cloning generations.

That outdoor chem looks incredibly healthy. Respect.

converting back to veg from flower really helps to restore vigor are you sure abut that? someone needs to start a thread about this if thats really true. i just got a chem d cut and in takes forever to root prob cause it lost vigor throughout the years. i dont grow outdoors though can i just convert back to veg indoors and this will work?

2bags

converting back to veg from flower really helps to restore vigor are you sure abut that? someone needs to start a thread about this if thats really true. i just got a chem d cut and in takes forever to root prob cause it lost vigor throughout the years. i dont grow outdoors though can i just convert back to veg indoors and this will work?

Hi treeking, you want to keep the plants in veg the whole time ideally, the benefit seems to come from the sun itself.

I'm no scientist so cannot explain why, I imagine its down to the spectrum of the sun benefitting the plant in ways which cannot be replicated with lamps.

mack 10

Veteran
No reveg dude. Just veg and the sun. What we do is put our mom's outside for a couple of months a year. it will really help keep them strong.
mack.

mack 10

Veteran
Forgot about this thread, lol More D cometh soon...
picture.php

Mack.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
No reveg dude. Just veg and the sun. What we do is put our mom's outside for a couple of months a year. it will really help keep them strong.
mack.

How do you manage to move plants between outside and inside and not bring in aphids or mites? I read shantibaba say that putting mothers outside to veg for a bit boosts vigor, but seems like trouble

Truthful

You could take cuttings off a mom you have placed outside as well if you're worried about that, cuttings are a lot easier to treat than a mother plant. Used that method for years!

highsteppa

Veteran
How do you manage to move plants between outside and inside and not bring in aphids or mites? I read shantibaba say that putting mothers outside to veg for a bit boosts vigor, but seems like trouble

outdoor plants are healthier and way stronger ime. The only time I ever had probem with outdoor plants (other than grasshoppers or botrytis in fall) are when pests hitched a ride from indoors. mites, powdery, ra's, thrips...never seen them before I ran cuts.

highsteppa

Veteran
Nice chem d ...after growing her a while what do you think, esp compared to the 91?

to me her best keeper qualities are the stank, potency and yield, though I find her buzz a little rough around the edges compared to a good sour or ogk. I dropped the chem sis for chemd d and the sister is hands down better smoke to me when dialed, but she'll never look as good.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
outdoor plants are healthier and way stronger ime. The only time I ever had probem with outdoor plants (other than grasshoppers or botrytis in fall) are when pests hitched a ride from indoors. mites, powdery, ra's, thrips...never seen them before I ran cuts.

Yes, this, treat anything that has been outdoors as fully invested and do not fuckup your indoor garden with them without fully treating them. Old cuts seem to improve, regain strength after a spell in the sun

You can also easily bring shit in on your clothing, from just being in your garden outside, in this way the concrete jungle is a better place to grow than the countryside

mack 10

Veteran
Nice chem d ...after growing her a while what do you think, esp compared to the 91?

to me her best keeper qualities are the stank, potency and yield, though I find her buzz a little rough around the edges compared to a good sour or ogk. I dropped the chem sis for chemd d and the sister is hands down better smoke to me when dialed, but she'll never look as good.

The Ecsd is prob the top dog but only when grown to perfection
whih is no easy feat.

The D compared to 91?
my 91 is a bit more stretchy(like og/ecsd) and rootsa bit quicker for me than the D.
I love the stank and power of the Chem D, I think you either love it or hate it cause its so different. The 91 I have is straight fuel on the aroma. Taste is also good, no garlic, funk just fuel.

The 91 is also a week (ish)quicker to finish than the D

if I could only keep 1? is a tuff one.
if the ecsd finished quicker that would be the number1
the D yields good, finishes in 10 weeks and will blow the barn doors off.
if you want a more relaxing high (like a classic Afghan) go for the 91.

The Sis is also awsome when dialed in but I prefer the heavy hit of the D.
Any of them are top notch when grown properly.
so which ever one you get just dial it in and you'll be surprised.