What's new

chem 91 s1

chongsbuddy

Veteran
man i would love to see a chem 91 in seed form...truly epic strain.somebody get on this pretty please!

I

Iron_Lion

Not to be a party pooper, seeds are great and all but this is the only member of the Chem family that has escaped exploitation. Maybe some things are just better left alone for the sake of preservation. I'd hate to see this one turn into another OG kush fiasco.

Last edited:

chongsbuddy

Veteran
i cant see anything bad happening by taking 2 91 clones,reversing one and pollinating the other...there will still be lots of chem 91 clones left over!lol

Last edited:

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jimmynitz is reversing the Chem 91 right now. I am not sure if he is making s1's. But I know he is making fems with Chem D, SFV OGK among other things. You really can't go wrong with any of the hybrids. Chem D x Chem 91 should be some kill.

moondawg

Humbolt County seeds is the 91 and Dr. Greenthumbs says that his is as well. Reserva Prada has it but currently its not being sold as an s1 but as a NL cross i believe. F2's might bring it out in that one.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the success of S1's being a fair representation of the cut depends on how true breeding the clone itself is, and by all accounts the Chem elites are not particularly true breeding - still probably worth a try, but you may have to grow a lot of them out to get anything like the clone.

VG

moondawg

Hey chongsbuddy. I have some info that might be of interest to you. I, like the deciple Thomas, am a doubter and rarely believe anything im told. Like you i was interested in growing some of the elite cuts but was doubtful of many of the stories and claims i had heard. Ive done considerable research on some strains, including going to Cali, seeing what the bud sold in dispensaries looked like and smoked liked. I talked to old timers and saw and smoked the plants growing in the field and i'll share with you what i think i know.

Most of the elite cuts that come from cali were discovered from bagseed and just happened to be lucky enough to appear in front of someone with the skills to recognize its uniqueness and took a cutting.

Generally speaking, when one of those cuts was located, either from ego or compassion for his fellow smokers, the original cut was passed around like a stripper at a bachelor party. He gave cuts to everybody he knew and their brothers. Then when people like Arjan showed up with deep pockets, it was spread all around the world and sold as s1's.

In most cases, the stories of development by some obscure breeder who locked the cut away and gave it to only a few special people is pure myth. When a seed distributor claims its the original cut, it not too hard for me to believe it as i know that they are often readily available from folks that claim only them and a few others possess it.

The folks at Humbolt woudl bristle at the suggestion that thier strain isnt legit. Their Blue Dream cut is legit. Trainwreck is litterally everywhere as are most of these cuts. Thats just me though. There are many that would disagree

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been done, and none of the resulting plants really resembled the cut. In fact AFAIK most of the plants didn't produce smoke that was all that great. The outcrosses on the other hand.... :D

RespectGreen

Veteran
I've got some ChemDxChem91, and LVPKxChem91 I'll be popping eventually... Seeing the Bubbax91' pics here it definitely makes me wanna pop the LVPKx91's.

chongsbuddy

Veteran
i looked up pisces genetics and hes not making s1's he doesnt believe in it,but the chem "91/chem d is exactly what im looking for...

guy fawkes

Veteran
Jimmynitz is reversing the Chem 91 right now. I am not sure if he is making s1's. But I know he is making fems with Chem D, SFV OGK among other things. You really can't go wrong with any of the hybrids. Chem D x Chem 91 should be some kill.

ive been looking at his chem d x columbian gold, thats got to be a killer

RespectGreen

Veteran
A friends growing his chemDxSCMK I'm excited to see the results... I liked the scmk, but it was not a favorite. I'd prefer katsu, or pure kush over it, personally.. But I think the ChemD is going to funk it up in a good way, and hopefully make a keeper or two...

One thing that is a bummer is the results of the 91 s1's from Cob... It seems she likes to be out-crossed only? Odd....

The SFVx91's sounded nice, but thinking of the 2 together I think it'll be hit, or miss... The both grow viney, and are kind of a pain at times until dialed.... That scared me away from them

Just opinions..

I really think the Dx91's will be the killer, stinky, chemmy goodness to remember.

guy fawkes

Veteran
A friends growing his chemDxSCMK I'm excited to see the results... I liked the scmk, but it was not a favorite. I'd prefer katsu, or pure kush over it, personally.. But I think the ChemD is going to funk it up in a good way, and hopefully make a keeper or two...

One thing that is a bummer is the results of the 91 s1's from Cob... It seems she likes to be out-crossed only? Odd....

The SFVx91's sounded nice, but thinking of the 2 together I think it'll be hit, or miss... The both grow viney, and are kind of a pain at times until dialed.... That scared me away from them

Just opinions..

I really think the Dx91's will be the killer, stinky, chemmy goodness to remember.

ive just hatched 4 valley dawg,sfv x chem 91. il be posting regular pics once there established , wish me luck :biggrin: