What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ChefGrow's Led Testing Review

Chef Grow

I have tested 3 different Led sets in the last few years, the gcx 25 with 750watts from greencepion, the Sanlight EVO 320watt 150 and the maxibright Led 660watts, each on a 1.2m bottle
Gcx25 greencepion
is in my opinion the best in the test because it produces the most terpenes and resin in the plants, it shortens flowering by up to a week due to the far red spectrum. And thanks to the uva, roots develop better and in sativa plants the interiodic distances become smaller than the other two led lights, it produces the most resin on the plants and the petal to leaf ratio is very good. Customer support is also very good

Disadvantage of the lamp it weighs 16 kg and is so difficult to handle
Sanlight Evo 320
The lamp is light and easy to handle with the purchased dimmer, it can optionally be controlled as a Bluetooth or as a magnet dimmer. I use two of them on the 1.2mx1.2m bottle. It works well produces good yields but it doesn't get to the level of the gcx 25 in terms of terpenes and resin production the bud structure gets firm but there are a little more leaves on the buds than the other two it doesn't have the uva spectrum for value for money Ratio is very good as like the maxibright it also has 100,000 hours life time the gcx 25 only has 50,000 hours
Maxibright 660watt
It is the cheapest lamp in the test it works very well for beginners it took 2nd place after the gcx25 in terms of flower leaf ratio but 1st place in terms of flower yield it is also dimmable in 25% steps in the heat test all three are the same there was no To see the difference in the warm development it is a good alternative for people who do not have the budget to buy a gcx25 for the price that costs almost twice as much. On the whole all three Led lamps are very good and none of the lamps require hybridization in the blossom

All lamps were tested with the same strain and under the same conditions based on my experience

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You did good on that research friend and it's very interesting. I am pretty interested in how much they cost and how much does it cost to run monthly? I bet you have $2500 worth of lights in this test. Thanks for testing and sharing your hard work.

Chef Grow

the LED from greencepion cost €1800 new, the San Lights €1100 and the maxibright €980 = €3880 but now I can say what you can work well with

chiesesganja

I have tested 3 different Led sets in the last few years, the gcx 25 with 750watts from greencepion, the Sanlight EVO 320watt 150 and the maxibright Led 660watts, each on a 1.2m bottle
Gcx25 greencepion
is in my opinion the best in the test because it produces the most terpenes and resin in the plants, it shortens flowering by up to a week due to the far red spectrum. And thanks to the uva, roots develop better and in sativa plants the interiodic distances become smaller than the other two led lights, it produces the most resin on the plants and the petal to leaf ratio is very good. Customer support is also very good

Disadvantage of the lamp it weighs 16 kg and is so difficult to handle
Sanlight Evo 320
The lamp is light and easy to handle with the purchased dimmer, it can optionally be controlled as a Bluetooth or as a magnet dimmer. I use two of them on the 1.2mx1.2m bottle. It works well produces good yields but it doesn't get to the level of the gcx 25 in terms of terpenes and resin production the bud structure gets firm but there are a little more leaves on the buds than the other two it doesn't have the uva spectrum for value for money Ratio is very good as like the maxibright it also has 100,000 hours life time the gcx 25 only has 50,000 hours
Maxibright 660watt
It is the cheapest lamp in the test it works very well for beginners it took 2nd place after the gcx25 in terms of flower leaf ratio but 1st place in terms of flower yield it is also dimmable in 25% steps in the heat test all three are the same there was no To see the difference in the warm development it is a good alternative for people who do not have the budget to buy a gcx25 for the price that costs almost twice as much. On the whole all three Led lamps are very good and none of the lamps require hybridization in the blossom

All lamps were tested with the same strain and under the same conditions based on my experience
Gcx is made in china right ? Looks like alibaba .

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good stuff Chef,
How did you go about comparing these lights? The wattage alone is so different... What canopy size? How many of each light?
Do you mean these lights are made in Germany?
I looked into a GXC pwr 4 myself as a replacement for my Sanlight evo 3 light, but was put off a bit by some weird things on GC's website like mixing up PPF and PPFD .And what the hell do they mean by "Kulturereignisse" even in German that doesn't make any sense? I think the Sanlight evos have far red but no UV but could be wrong. Prices of the GCX pwr seem to be reasonable for a good light.
grateful for any insights
Cheers
CC

chiesesganja

I believe San light

Attachments

• EC874BDC-08A6-4348-A818-A522DEEF297F.jpeg
    EC874BDC-08A6-4348-A818-A522DEEF297F.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 40

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm pretty certain the sanlights don't have UV and as the sun has UV that's kind of a downer.
Was trying to understand the background/setup a bit better, that's why I was asking. What cultivars, medium, feed...Or if it's just your gut feeling Chef then that's fine too and thanks for sharing but I can't tell as you don't give details
Cheers
CC

Latest posts

Latest posts