What's new

Cheese X

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
ok so I want to know if I can make a cross ..... from the clone only cheese and another strain that retains its "cheesey" character ....
the reason for this being I have no space or light for a mother

This is my first cross....!

so I want to flower out the cheese clones and pollinate one or two branches with 2 different pollens ....

Im not sure which male to use yet ....
but I could go with
1. ak47
2. megabud
3.canadian haze
4. buzzberry
5. white alaskan
6.thai gold
7. b:52

will this work?
p.s. I have started 6 seeds from which to get a good male although they will still be a good month so these clones will be huge if I xcontinue to veg em!

suggestions?

Peace

beancounter

Veteran
I would stick with the skunkiest strain you got to pollinate the cheese.. Some of the AKs I've grown had a skunky smell, but not all..

But if it was up to me I'd use the skunkiest thing you got. If I was choosing strains to cross to the Cheese I would start with a good Afghan, or the HTC skunk.

Not many of the commercialy available skunks smell anything like a skunk.. The Cheese cut is from back when the Skunks (like Skunk #1 and Sensi Skunk) still actualy smelt like skunk, back when the Skunks had more Afghan in them.

good luck

ndnguy

Delta9-THC said:
ok so I want to know if I can make a cross ..... from the clone only cheese and another strain that retains its "cheesey" character ....
the reason for this being I have no space or light for a mother

This is my first cross....!

so I want to flower out the cheese clones and pollinate one or two branches with 2 different pollens ....

Im not sure which male to use yet ....
but I could go with
1. ak47
2. megabud
3.canadian haze
4. buzzberry
5. white alaskan
6.thai gold
7. b:52

will this work?
p.s. I have started 6 seeds from which to get a good male although they will still be a good month so these clones will be huge if I xcontinue to veg em!

suggestions?

Peace
Thats a lil confusing when you siad clone only but popped 6 beans. You have the S1 seeds then right. Is BB sees pure Cheese or a cross. I have not kept up on them ,I know he made a cross with them an Afghan or something. Might have to try some of those. Good luck in your endevours. :wave:

Delta9-THC

Veteran
ndn ....
no its the original cheese from way back a when.....

its a elite "clone only" and the "7" beans I mention are what are to be the hopeful bachelors!

any suggestion?

also was wondering if it matters that the characteristic smell which is what I want to try and keep will be on the momma not the poppa?

warning the next bit is a little hazy! he he he
Basically is there any difference if I crossed

skunk#1 (f) x any male I get

skunk #1 (m) x 1 of random female mix

Peace!

Delta9-THC

Veteran
BEANCOUNTING's one of my favourite hobbies .... lol#!

"now where are those beans?" :joint:

Delta9-THC

Veteran
NDN just read that back and realised that it probly confused you more.....

Mine = orig. CLONES

BBC = Cheese x Afghan

He he he he told you it was hazey lol

Peace!

delta id think youd wanna go with the skunkiest plant you could get or you could take the plant with the most recessive smell genetically and the cheese should overpower it.

Delta9-THC

Veteran
thanks captain ..... except I wont know which has what smell till early flower! + I'll only be keeping the males from the beans so...... it could be tricky I think I'll put 5 on now .... There .... so which ever has least smell or which ever looks best if their all smelly!
he he he first time I ever prayed for males!

Peace

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't worry about preserving the taste... you'll find 'Cheese' is dominant in the cross,,,BigBuddhas line is tight for making hybrids,,, the original less stable...

SpicyCheese

peace n cheese

docLeaf

Delta9-THC

Veteran
thanks doc!
nice to see your here....
so it dosent matter that Im gonna try and pollinate the Orig. clone does it ... I mean for taste and potency?
still waiting on those males ... will be a while!
even considering re-vegging one after harvest and pollinating after say 2 months

Peace

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Delta9-THC said:
thanks doc!
nice to see your here....
so it dosent matter that Im gonna try and pollinate the Orig. clone does it ... I mean for taste and potency?
Peace

Out-breeding may add extra vigor to the original clone,,, BBC is the only clone cross I've seen... and this improves in f2 :joint:

Assuming (our first mistake) that BigBuddha made an IBL,,, then this 'cheese clone' is good for line/in-breeding :yes: The cheese taste tends to remain in the undertone in BBC hybrids... (some more than others), my buddy hs used a BBC male to make several crosses for this reason. Personally I dig the SpicyCheese, (the cheese adds a 2nd scent to the Spice). Whereas with Buddha's Sister, the Cheese takes the vibe...

SpicyCheese ^^^

happy breeding
peace dLeaf

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DocLeaf said:
Out-breeding may add extra vigor to the original clone,,, BBC is the only clone cross I've seen... and this improves in f2 :joint:
Inbred by hs

BigBuddha Cheese f2 = [BBC x BBC]

Outbred by hs

Haze Cheese = Haze (bag seed) x BBC

All the hybrids take on the male BBC parentage with musky undertone cheese taste. some more than others

peace dL

"mee gonna get merciless and dark..."

Last edited:
G

cheese and DJ's Blueberry we wonder...? Big Buddha has a Blue Cheese out, not claiming to use DJ's, so I think of that, since I have the True Blue going.
Here's an afghani pheno of BB's cheese. Yummy, stony, kushy.

Tutu

I was thinking of doing something like this, only I was going to start a few hundred skun No.1 beans, pick the best males cross say 120 males with OC clones. Finding the best seeds growing them out, back crossing the best of the males for a couple of generations until I get a reasonably stable line. I shall when I'm happy keep a clone of a male and a cheese clone from which I shall make more seeds from.

Something to remember MJ left in fields to go native often essentially becomes hemp within 5 or 6 generations unless the enviromental factors favour THC production. This could well affect you over successive generations.

You could just fridge a clone for 5 weeks and then root it ready for the next flower. (Don't know how long cheese goes as I haven't got myself a clone yet, might buy one in a grow shop in holland and smuggle it back.)

Delta9-THC

Veteran
ok .... maybe a development... You know who you are!
but I'll keep this thread to show progress.... a.s.a.p!

Peace

Mampi

nice pics all :)

from what I have read HTC's (hill temple collective) skunk is what you need! They describe it to have the roadkill smell which is what I believe you will need, as someone else said above the other skunks from sensi are sweet as apoosed to stinky. I have Shiva Skunk from sensi which is Nlxskunk#1 and there's nothing stinky in there, its all pungent sweetness :_

I was reading up about breeding/crossing and to stablize traits takes a bit of work..... although would be fun to see what a cross would through up al the same.

Good luck bro!

Trying the blue cheese out mi self, hopefully I'll get something cheesy... heard good reoprts on the smoke so far.

Last edited:

Delta9-THC

Veteran
thankyou for all the positive comments.... Still a while to go ... looks like I got lucked out on the 1989 seeds
but I'll show progress as soon as theres any

Peace

G

Big Buddha's with the right pheno, IMHO, is better than the original cut. If you like a heavier high, a kushier expanding smoke, and an indica buzz that kills it... Not to mention the flavour mix of the Afghani with the lovely cheese.

The original cut is not as stony, or as tasty... There is a fruity pheno from the BBC, maybe more for all I know, but it is good, more like the original clone-only, not as dank as the Afghani mix.

It is amazing in its' flavour, truly unique. Takes everyone by surprise, then they get "Cheezed..!" and they really love it.

Latest posts

Latest posts