What's new

Check out this ?sativa? at 22 weeks...

spainmedman

A friend gave me a big bag of mystery seeds. I found ten that were tiny and black, all were crushed except one of them. Pictured here is a clone of it.

This is me and a friends 5th try at growing this plant. They all die and get sickly. This one looks ok and still growing out white hairs at 22 weeks. I have no idea what it is.

It smells very lemon and turned purple one time in colder temps. Very fluffy buds. It clones very easy. I think it likes a lot of nitrogen and cal mag, but I am not sure. They all get sickly looking at about 10 weeks of flowering. I think it may like a different ph level than most plants, this is the only that we can't grow good. it grows like CRAZY in veg, I can really see this strain getting to 8 or 9 meters (25 feet) tall in the outdoors, it grows very fast. It has classic sativa shape. No hermie or bananas at 22 weeks, and no sign of being close to done.

It has 2 tops, I tie together with string, they fallen over.

I pollinate it with sensi seeds super skunk, seeds coming soon.

ANY IDEA WHAT IT COULD BE???????
picture.php

close up
picture.php

closer up
picture.php

clone of it
picture.php

A

ariston

hey I can't answer your questions but I just want to tell you, it would be awesome if you kept that clone alive (if you have room) and waited until the buds mature and try it out. If it turns out to be a sativa high in accordance with its flowering time, it could make for some bad ass breeding.

spainmedman

I have many clones of it. I want to try growing it again and hope it stay healthy and green next time. I want to give clones away but I only know one grower.
I wish I could give all of you clones. I wish I could give all you seeds I make from this, I crossed it with sensi seeds super skunk.
I think it will go many more weeks....

igrowone

Veteran
the only pic i can recall that is vaguely like this one was from somebodies grow log of Nevilles(sp?) Haze
it had the 'weeping willow' kind of look, best luck in finishing this beast

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Crazy sativa you got in there.
Has a similar structure to some Haze crosses that i´se seen around.
I would stop all feeding and reduce light hours to 10.
Otherwise she might go and go and go ;)
Looking great by the way

WelderDan

Veteran
Looks kinda like Willie Nelson. Get her dialed in and it looks like it might be awesome. Sats are often light feeders. You may try cutting back on ferts. You may also try letting it almost completely dry out between waterings

guerilla415

Im with paulo, drop the light down to 11 1/2, then 11, then 10 1/2 then 10 hours and she should finish. Equatorial sativas finish under a different light cycle, usually 11/13 or 10/14...DJ Short even metioned playing with light cycles with pure sats.

good luck, hopefully that sup[erskunk cross will cut down the flower time and still keep whatever it is thats in that girl in the seedline. Take care and enjoy!

guerilla

spainmedman

Thank you all for tips.
I don't think it is a haze. I think a landrace. My friend said the seeds were from commercial weed. I know some commercial sativa is not grown with care. I know the seeds are maybe 5 to 6 years old.

I thought about lowering light cycle but it is in flower room with others. It is really messing up my level canopy.

I will back cross to it as soon as I can after I grow the cross with the super skunk.

I want to keep the lemon smell, it smells like lemon sugar candy.

mrheadie

Thank you all for tips.
I don't think it is a haze. I think a landrace. My friend said the seeds were from commercial weed. I know some commercial sativa is not grown with care. I know the seeds are maybe 5 to 6 years old.

I thought about lowering light cycle but it is in flower room with others. It is really messing up my level canopy.

I will back cross to it as soon as I can after I grow the cross with the super skunk.

I want to keep the lemon smell, it smells like lemon sugar candy.
spain, some of my first grows were with commercial strains (mexican) and we had 2 plants grow identicle to yours over the years. we always had to lower the light cycle to make them finish. dont remember exact flowering time without looking at my old journel, but can tell you both those plants went through 2 flowering cycles a piece and only finished when we switched the light cycle. gl and enjoy that girl. a couple of my boys freeked out after a spliff of that stuff. one was scared shitless thinking he was having a heart attack, the other freeked out at a mall riding the escalator. the second kid hasnt smoked since (about 15 years ago)!
peace
headie

Peacefrog

Veteran
I bet you get an interesting smoke out of that plant if you can get it to finish. But oh my god I pity the fool that has to trim that bitch.

bushweed

Veteran
Smokin Moose had a Brazilian Haze (Mango Rosa x Haze?) that looked like this. Also British Hempire had a Mexican looked reminiscent. Love the leaves on the seedling.

lucky_luke

Your lady looks awesome! If I were You I would try to stress one clone (coloidal silver seems to be easy and safe way), and polinate another one with feminized pollen to get (&spread) genetics in feminized seeds.

spainmedman

I PM dubi from ACE, the sativa experts. He looked at my plant and thinks it may be from south east Asia. If it goes for longer in colder temps it will turn purple. The lemon smell is getting very strong now.

I can shorten the time the plant gets light. The light comes on at 2pm and I go to sleep at 9pm. I can have it get light for 7 hours a day. Will this be good to finish?
:thank you:

SuperConductor

Veteran
No idea what it is but the reason it looks like that and is taking so long to finish is either because of light leaks or heat stress or both. Sativs seem to take heat less well in late flower than indicas do.

I'd chop it as it'll just keep doing that new growth thing. Been there and it'll be just as good a smoke now as it will in another 4 weeks.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow crazy hazy plant man.

if i was you i'd trim a few small nug off her and leave them out to dry a few days. when you test smoke it you'll know if you can take it and be happy with the results or if you need to give her even more time.