What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CHEAPER ENZYMES

juzsumguy

for european or german users:
Bio-P5 Enzymes with bacilus subtilus.

50g = 7 €.

Application rate: 0,005 g/L
or 0,5g/100L

50g bag is enough for 1-2 years and enzymes are always "fresh and active" if diluted in water.

HemiSync

Years old thread and all such good information. Running to Wally World after work tonight to get a bottle of the pond-zyme with barley.

CHEFfy

So, I bought the api pond zyme with barley. Didn't think about it, but it is the solid form. Does this break down in the reservoir given time? I tried to dissolve in a glass of water to no avail. Is there a liquid version that I just can't find?

Drakeyd

It should do the exact same thing as liquid form only the dry stuff has a longer shelf life did you follow the instructions

CHEFfy

Was just testing it out in a glass at home. I'm sure with the absurdly low dosage rate, it will be fine in my 60 gallon resies given an hour to dilute.

HemiSync

Just got my bottle of Pond-Zyme with Barley and am glad I got the dry version. This supposedly has a shelf life of 5 years sealed and one year after opening. I don't see why one can't take out enough for six months and reseal the bulk of it. As long as it's stored in a cool, dry, dark, place those enzymes should hold up just fine.

I weighed the measuring spoons full of PZ at 4g. With the maintenance dosage of 1 spoonful to 200 gallons so figure one gram for every 50 gallons. I have to break it down further, so at 20mg per gallon it takes a measly 300 mg to inoculate a 15 gallon res. Now where is that gold scale? :smoke:

After 5 years I will throw the rest in my compost pile and spend another $10. Still pretty damn cheap source of enzymes.

biobizz

pls anyone know where to order pond protector online?
i tried amazon.com but they don´t ship to Europe

Any HELP? thx

Tokingham

I have been using Ultraclear sst for a year now and it works well. I spoke with the biologist or chemist they had make their product and he was a bit of a pain in the ass at first until he believed me that I wasnt trying to copy his product, he got real excited when I told him it was for my grow.. I found out that ultra clear sst is 100% product meaning its very condensed. Cheap as fuck and one 12oz bottle will last 6x4 grow tent space of plants for about 2 years maybe more.

*also, the guy I contacted kept sending me emails about their products I could also use for my grow.

C

CannaBuilding

These enzymes would be useless in a sterile, chlorinated system - i.e. fresh tap. Correct?

Depends what you add to the chlorinated water first (also depends what form of chlorine your water company uses, one form will evaporate into the air if left alone and another will not), If adding nutes first, the chlorine would react with the nutes and there should be no more or it should be in another form, always add silica then nutes then enzymes, Always worked for me.

Just going from my 1 year of uni and most of the knowledge i've accumlated from reading of the net, Feel free for anyone to correct me if im wrong.

But using enzymes always saves me from getting budrot or any form of mold on my bud since i started using them, no matter what the humidity is.

Peace.

biobizz

it doesn´t matter when i overdoze the BIO-P5 Fish Ponds right?
i bought 4 packs each 50g to save shipping cost now i see it got only one year storage life
want to use it only 1week to flush and clean the coir slabs

anyone test the BIO-P5 Fish Ponds effectifity? does it brake down the dead roots fast?
thank u

C

CannaBuilding

it doesn´t matter when i overdoze the BIO-P5 Fish Ponds right?
i bought 4 packs each 50g to save shipping cost now i see it got only one year storage life
want to use it only 1week to flush and clean the coir slabs

anyone test the BIO-P5 Fish Ponds effectifity? does it brake down the dead roots fast?
thank u

Depends on what the enzyme is bread for (e.g Breaking down dead organic matter as opposed to just breaking down a certain form of organic matter.)

What does it say on the packet? does it break down dead organic matter? if so then it will break down anything that is not alive but was living (organic matter). If the answer is yes to the above, then it will break down the dead roots in your coir slabs (i've reused the same pot of coco upto 10 times, but i've noticed the clone was not performing as well after the 7th time or so, but i flush the pot with Benies before moving the clone into the pot). the brand name is 420 beneficial bacteria purchased about 5 years ago and they are still going strong, EDIT: it turns out it has a 2 year shelf life and i've been using it 3 years past its shelf life, only dose 1week, more than what the recommended dosage should be, plants seem fine. Just incase, will be purchasing some more benies to test on the current grow thats been using the expired benies.

Happy growing and peace, hope the above answered your question mate.

Last edited:
C

CannaBuilding

Update on the out of date bennies, they still do their job, but i noticed after 1 week after dosing, i get some white slime (does not smell bad or anything) never used to this sort of slime when they were still in their expiry date period, but again the plants seem fine, but will update further once purchasing more bennies.

Peace all happy growing.