What's new

CHEAP SEEDS

Carraxe

Veteran
This statement is false. "But the same thing happens with any seedbank. You can't know without a genetic analysis, anything else is an assumption"

We are not talking about DNA of the genetics any breeder uses to work with. We are talking about what a customer buys from a seedbank.. Most want to know if the seeds bought are from the breeder it says they're from. Anyone that grows my gear knows they are getting legit seeds when the pack is sealed and has a taper proof tag. Even if someone tried to fake my packs with a tamper proof tag. Mine has a scratch off that has a code under it that you input on the website that lets customers know the yare real. If you are getting seeds, not in the original breeder packs unsealed you have no clue what you are getting.

Yes, I'm talking about DNA, not about fancy labels and barcodes I give a shit about. I don't care about the breeder, I care about the WEED and its relation with known strains. I see what do you care about.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, I'm talking about DNA, not about fancy labels and barcodes I give a shit about. I don't care about the breeder, I care about the WEED and its relation with known strains. I see what do you care about.

lmao good luck with that., you should care if your seeds are real. Using DNA as an excuse is laughable. It inst even possible to verify a strain even with a DNA test. All that does is give you a ballpark. Ive had DNA sampling done on a few of my crosses. I have the data. If your paying for fake beans and don't care your part of the problem., It's obvious you have no clue whose gear your growing or care. If it's cheap it's all good even if there fake seeds. Thankfully most people care they're getting legitimate seeds.

DBMH DNA.jpg

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
lmao good luck with that., you should care if your seeds are real. Using DNA as an excuse is laughable. It inst even possible to verify a strain even with a DNA test. All that does is give you a ballpark. Ive had DNA sampling done on a few of my crosses. I have the data. If your paying for fake beans and don't care your part of the problem., It's obvious you have no clue whose gear your growing or care. If it's cheap it's all good even if there fake seeds. Thankfully most people care they're getting legitimate seeds.

If you don't understand what this thread is about, please take your time to read from the beginning. You keep trying to divert the matter of this thread and spam with your products. I don't care about your seeds or their "authenticity", and more, this nice graph you post proves that your product is 74% OG. Not really original, is it? ¿Do you think a cross with OG Kush, Mango Haze, Chiquita Banana and Sour Dubble is a strain, or is it a fruit salad of undefined flavor?

"fake beans" is a concept that doesn't exist. There are good seeds and bad seeds, there are worked seeds and just crosses with elite cuts that can result good or bad. There is no reason to say that these seeds I am testing are more or less fake than yours. They are made crossing two elite cuts and they provide the name of the elite cuts they use. The results have been consistent so far. And that is, unfortunately, what most of seedbanks do. Not real breeding.

It makes me laugh when somebody claims to produce the "legitimate" seeds of anything, specially when we know where this "legitimacy" comes from.

Have a nice day.

Carraxe

Veteran
Some pictures at 6 weeks. I believe I will harvest all of them between 7 and 8 weeks. These are a Tropicana Cookies (supposed to be a cross between Girl Scout Cookies Forum and a Tangie) and some Bubblegums.

This is the Tropicana Cookies

IMGP5798.JPG

And these plants are Bubblegum.

IMG 0945
IMGP5803.JPG
IMGP5801.JPG

Next time I'll upload some from the AK-47

Sweet smokes

Attachments

• IMGP5804.JPG
    IMGP5804.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 23

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you don't understand what this thread is about, please take your time to read from the beginning. You keep trying to divert the matter of this thread and spam with your products. I don't care about your seeds or their "authenticity", and more, this nice graph you post proves that your product is 74% OG. Not really original, is it? ¿Do you think a cross with OG Kush, Mango Haze, Chiquita Banana and Sour Dubble is a strain, or is it a fruit salad of undefined flavor?

"fake beans" is a concept that doesn't exist. There are good seeds and bad seeds, there are worked seeds and just crosses with elite cuts that can result good or bad. There is no reason to say that these seeds I am testing are more or less fake than yours. They are made crossing two elite cuts and they provide the name of the elite cuts they use. The results have been consistent so far. And that is, unfortunately, what most of seedbanks do. Not real breeding.

It makes me laugh when somebody claims to produce the "legitimate" seeds of anything, specially when we know where this "legitimacy" comes from.

Have a nice day.

I did. It isn't about my seeds kid. Its about any seeds bought from your website that are not in original breeder packs. If your Tropicana cookies did not come in a sealed original breeder pack they are fake. It's why you got the responses I posted. Trying to get you to realize what your doing is pointless. You kids just don't want to learn. Good luck with cheap seedbank advertising of fake seeds. .

Last edited:

Cuddles

@Carraxe , I forgot to ask this earlier but what kind of packaging and return adress does this place provide? I´m talking their company name and how discreet is the packaging - seeds etc

Carraxe

Veteran
I did. It isn't about my seeds kid. Its about any seeds bought from your website that are not in original breeder packs. If your Tropicana cookies did not come in a sealed original breeder pack they are fake. It's why you got the responses I posted. Trying to get you to realize what your doing is pointless. You kids just don't want to learn. Good luck with cheap seedbank advertising of fake seeds. .

You make me laugh with you snobbery, granpa. Nice to have such fun, keep with the good work.

Carraxe

Veteran
@Carraxe , I forgot to ask this earlier but what kind of packaging and return adress does this place provide? I´m talking their company name and how discreet is the packaging - seeds etc

I got discrete packages every time I bought something, but I believe you should ask them first if they deliver abroad.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
This thread reads like a major shill for this company lol. If someone just wants the cheapest possible seeds then that sounds great but most of us are interested in having something verifiable and original, something worth keeping as a clone and cherishing for years, but that's just me.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
By the way that tropicanna cookies does not resemble tropicanna cookies whatsoever. Very generic look, cookies has a very distinct look.

Carraxe

Veteran
This thread reads like a major shill for this company lol. If someone just wants the cheapest possible seeds then that sounds great but most of us are interested in having something verifiable and original, something worth keeping as a clone and cherishing for years, but that's just me.

There is no reason to think that these seeds are made with different cuts than the "verifiable" and "original" seeds. But if you have any clue, please share it.

I don't know any reason to pay 10 or more euros for a seed other than ignorance or snobbery, since all big seed producers use the same way of making seeds and most of them use the same cuts. In fact, in Spain they buy bulk seeds and repackage them, probably to the same people who sell these cheap ones.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
There is no reason to think that these seeds are made with different cuts than the "verifiable" and "original" seeds. But if you have any clue, please share it.

I don't know any reason to pay 10 or more euros for a seed other than ignorance or snobbery, since all big seed producers use the same way of making seeds and most of them use the same cuts. In fact, in Spain they buy bulk seeds and repackage them, probably to the same people who sell these cheap ones.

Look at any picture of tropicanna cookies on instagram from the original breeders or anyone with a verified cut, that seems to be all the proof I need to conclude these aren't authentic. I'd pay 10 euros and a lot more for the right seeds, there are strains that aren't available in seed form at all currently, or only worked by a few breeders. Bacio Gelato is one of the best things I've ever smoked in my life, I'd pay easily $40 per seed for an s1 pack, those don't currently exist but I'm just saying that's an example of seeds which could be sold for top dollar and would be worth every penny.

Cannabis strains at this point are like art, I'm not going to knock you for not caring, for being sardonic about their production, but don't sweat anybody else for being willing to part with more than you'd consider reasonable for beautiful art, that's all I'm saying.

El Timbo

Look at any picture of tropicanna cookies on instagram from the original breeders or anyone with a verified cut, that seems to be all the proof I need to conclude these aren't authentic.

Of course an S1 of a poly hybrid is very likely to produce a wide variety of phenotypes so this does not mean it isn't an authentic S1.

JustGrowing420

I also agree that most big seed companies have outsourced production of seed, even to the same people maybe. It only makes sense as there are so many sectors in the industry that breeding really high quality stuff just isn't worth it if you can get away with very cheap seeds and lose only a small margin of your profit from the seed sales. I also don't think that seed sales is the biggest part of income for such companies.

However there surely are some gems to be found in cheap seeds and there are still passionate breeders that care about the quality they produce.
BUT I believe this has nothing to do with the price tag.
Although a good breeder that knows the high level of his work may sell packs at a price that seems high for most folks and it's definitely worth it, but also a good breeder might give seeds at a very reasonable price just because he wants to be fair and his seeds are worth no less.

And I agree with HammerHead on the authenticity matter, it really does matter, especially with novel artisan strains that are still in limited circulation.
With mass produced strains that are around for decades though, which one of the myriad versions of today can be labeled the "authentic"?
Some lines worked by so many people, better by some, worse by others, that getting the authentic might not even be desirable anymore...

Carraxe

Veteran
Look at any picture of tropicanna cookies on instagram from the original breeders or anyone with a verified cut, that seems to be all the proof I need to conclude these aren't authentic. I'd pay 10 euros and a lot more for the right seeds, there are strains that aren't available in seed form at all currently, or only worked by a few breeders. Bacio Gelato is one of the best things I've ever smoked in my life, I'd pay easily $40 per seed for an s1 pack, those don't currently exist but I'm just saying that's an example of seeds which could be sold for top dollar and would be worth every penny.

Cannabis strains at this point are like art, I'm not going to knock you for not caring, for being sardonic about their production, but don't sweat anybody else for being willing to part with more than you'd consider reasonable for beautiful art, that's all I'm saying.

Art is art. Cannabussiness is anything but art. And there is evidence of that: people who earn money making seeds, and even people who call themselves "breeders", they work just crossing clones from different strains they like. That is not breeding, but this is the "modus operandi" of the actors in the market.

That's why there are thousands of strains that are, for example, like these crappy OG plants that are like vines and have no strength to support their own buds. Most of them are the same shit with very little variations. Is any of them a strain? I don't think so. When was the last time you knew about a strain that was real? Like... it had some characteristics that no strain had before, like an unique smell or flavor, a different effect, a better production, resistance to fungal infections? Do you remember Northern Lights, Skunk, BubbleGum, Black Domina, etc? These were the product of work and each had very specific characteristics, they weren't a mix of just two plants to see what happens.

I don't "sweat" anybody, but I also don't want to get "lessons" of authenticity from anybody from the market. If you are a breeder, you will have a lot of good reasons to prove your product is better than others. Based on the characteristics of the product itself, not in certificates of authenticity issued by yourself.

I keep growing these cheap seeds and I'll be able to make my own opinion over their strains in a couple of months. But I can say I don't like much the seeds made with American strains, like these made with GSC. They are all very similar, too sweet, stinky and boring. But they produce a lot and my friends really love them. Question of taste.

Have a nice day

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Have you actually smoked any GSC? Even the bagseed phenotypes found in GSC seeds leave a cultural impact, the Forum Cut of GSC being just one example. Of course these haven't been "new" to most of the market now since around 2012 but regardless GSC itself is a product of artful selection. The selection of cannabis plants very much is an art form, there's much you can learn from a chromatographic analysis, there's much you cannot such as the subjective effects, how the smells, the aroma it leaves in the air after being burnt, and the particular mixture of compounds in that particular plant are going to make you feel, whether or not it inspires you. This is the art form of selection, its a very particular set of skills and not everyone who makes seeds has it, but those that do are carrying out a task which takes many months if not years to carry out - even if to you its simply GSC x OG - that particular cut of GSC and that particular cut of OG are going to have their own idiosyncrasies that couldn't have necessarily been reproduced easily by just anybody. It's actually pretty difficult, time, and cost intensive work that isn't always awarded with the type of rewards that it might deserve.

I really hope you have a good time growing cheap seeds that you consider to be just as good as anybody else's, but I also hope that someday a picture and a description of a plant can bring you some inspiration and you can share this feeling of inspiration that myself and my friends have about this plant. It's also pretty funny to me that you're going so hard against american strains when you're also growing a strain labelled Tropicanna Cookies lol. You're also wrong about OG, it's not some spindly plant that can't support its weight, that conception comes from so many OG kush cuts being passed around in the US are sickly with different pathogens that have zapped them of their vigor. OG Kush at its best is a true production plant, more than capable of giving a healthy harvest and having a very sturdy frame, producing copious amounts of nugs that have the highest quality resins. It's one of the most famous plants in the world for a reason, I really hope you can have the pleasure of smoking some because it's really unlike anything else.

clearheaded

if grows a nice plant your happy with who cares if its not an s1 of verified clone.. chances are it is from passed around cuts..and yes spanish seed banks often resell seeds made en mass at seed production facilities. its easy for them to get gg4 cut or any cut being passed around freely so if what u grew matches description thats all that matters.. if get a kush out of ssh seeds then coud be an issue. fact of the matter is thats all the seeds are worth max! guys do ALOT of work on tomato cultivars and very rarely do u see a dollar a seed for tomatos.. in a legal landscape no real reason a seed should be 10 bucks.. even if grew 300 plants over 5 generations. still get hash unlike tomato seed breeders.

anyway, glad u are happy with your purchase, all that matters! better off spending less on cheap classics and more on lights or soil esp starting out and dont need gelato mochi cut to be able to sell ur nugs.

JockBudman

Ah get the feelin some postin in here don't know Carraxe work... check his other threads, the guy knows growin an breedin.

An at the end of the day, it's all taste eh? Am no a fan of og, cookies, zkittlez etc. Ah'll take them, ah've grown a few hacks an that, but ah like tropical sats best these days. Disnae hurt me is yous prefer the real deal whatever - there's enough plants out there for aw us.

Anyway, just a bit shite tae see yet another thread descend intae arguin about plants. These are cheapo seeds bein grown tae show new guys or skint people what they can get for a few quid. Ah struggled tae buy seeds when ah started, coz they were all at least a fiver a seed an ah wanted a pack or two in case ah screwed up. Ended up tryin bag seed an had a shite first grow. This thread might get someone their first plant an the start of a wonderful journey. Then they might even buy seeds off guys on here.:tiphat:

El Timbo

Ah get the feelin some postin in here don't know Carraxe work... check his other threads, the guy knows growin an breedin.

An at the end of the day, it's all taste eh? Am no a fan of og, cookies, zkittlez etc. Ah'll take them, ah've grown a few hacks an that, but ah like tropical sats best these days. Disnae hurt me is yous prefer the real deal whatever - there's enough plants out there for aw us.

Anyway, just a bit shite tae see yet another thread descend intae arguin about plants. These are cheapo seeds bein grown tae show new guys or skint people what they can get for a few quid. Ah struggled tae buy seeds when ah started, coz they were all at least a fiver a seed an ah wanted a pack or two in case ah screwed up. Ended up tryin bag seed an had a shite first grow. This thread might get someone their first plant an the start of a wonderful journey. Then they might even buy seeds off guys on here.:tiphat:

nail on heid there jock

clearheaded

if grows a nice plant your happy with who cares if its not an s1 of verified clone.. chances are it is from passed around cuts..and yes spanish seed banks often resell seeds made en mass at seed production facilities. its easy for them to get gg4 cut or any cut being passed around freely so if what u grew matches description thats all that matters.. if get a kush out of ssh seeds then coud be an issue. fact of the matter is thats all the seeds are worth max! guys do ALOT of work on tomato cultivars and very rarely do u see a dollar a seed for tomatos.. in a legal landscape no real reason a seed should be 10 bucks.. even if grew 300 plants over 5 generations. still get hash unlike tomato seed breeders.

anyway, glad u are happy with your purchase, all that matters! better off spending less on cheap classics and more on lights or soil esp starting out and dont need gelato mochi cut to be able to sell ur nugs.

and of course not to say isn't wonderful cuts around. but most of them arent from giant selections(in any recent generations) just lucky bagseed ie any og gsc etc so further to the point should not be as expensive as they are, not saying they may not produce nice plants but same thing can happen en masse s1 productions of the same clones.

Latest posts

Latest posts