What's new

CHEAP SEEDS

Carraxe

Veteran
I've just harvested some more plants from cheap seeds, a bunch of AK-47s and some Bruce Banner. I really hope that both Bubblegum and AK-47 are the real thing, but I'll need a month to start testing. AKs look great, with hard buds and nice smells, and they look quite homogeneous. They also seem to produce a lot at only 7 weeks.

IMGP5812.JPG
IMGP5809.JPG
IMGP5807.JPG
IMGP5810.JPG
IMGP5808.JPG

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
I've been testing some of the 7 Gorilla Glue #4 plants I bought for 1 euro per seed, although they are still curing. At the moment I can say that they are very homogeneous, tasty and easy to smoke. I wouldn't expect such homogeneity in a S1, so maybe this seed doesn't come from a S1. Who knows.

They smell dark, earthy, fungal, with clear bright notes like eucalyptus and lemon that together create a very complex and colorful aroma.

I can really feel chem influence, but while I don't usually really like chem this one is watered down to the point that it serves to enrich and to background the rest of the complex aromas. Very nice.

I am selecting a specimen, I'll probably go for the most aromatic one if I don't find strong differences in strength of effect.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
I've been smelling the recently dried Bubblegums and I can say that I'm excited. These are the first Bubblegums that really resemble the smell I remember from the 90's, that magical smell I've unsuccessfully trying to get along the years. I've planted several seeds offered by different seedbanks based on Bubblegum or related with it, but none of them was worth a shit.

It looks like this is the real thing, I don't mind if it is a S1 or a F2, I just mind the memories of the best flavor and smell I've ever experienced in weed, and it was the one of a Bubblegum. I'll have to wait some weeks for the smoke test, but I'm positive about making a selection and getting a keeper.

Sweet smokes

Cuddles

hi carraxe, I´ve had my eye on Bubblegum / Bubble chum gum for a long time. Can you tell us more about it - I´m particularly interested about the scent during production. Like, how strong/obvious is it, does it really smell of bubblegum or is it more typical weed etc?

Carraxe

Veteran
hi carraxe, I´ve had my eye on Bubblegum / Bubble chum gum for a long time. Can you tell us more about it - I´m particularly interested about the scent during production. Like, how strong/obvious is it, does it really smell of bubblegum or is it more typical weed etc?

What I know from the great Bubblegum I grow many years ago, just before the disappearance of the strain in Europe, is that they have this special sweet pinky smell once they are dried and cured. The smell I remember recalls, in some way, that of a bubblegum, yes. But while a bubblegum just smells nice before you put it in your mouth, the Bubblegum weed smell causes a feeling of satisfaction that keeps you sticking your nose into the buds once and again. It makes you drool. While growing, they smell just like weed. Not as loud as others, but still asking for a carbon filter.

When I planted them, years ago, just two of the bunch of 12 seeds were good. The others were garbage, like if the good seeds were mixed with some ruled-out crap. In these two good plants there was a extremely strong one with good taste (just good) and mixed effect. And the other one had such a great smell that it became for me the paradigm of a new sensorial feeling, something I would remember my whole life. Happiness in the smell. Really addictive. That's why I keep looking for it: the best smelling weed I've ever had.

Cuddles

thank you, this is very informative and really helped me a lot ! :) thanks for sharing.
I also understand about searching for the `perfect´ smoke effect. That´s how I go about picking strains too. Right now I´m curious about dutch power flower and northern lights. I really hope that my living conditions will change so I don´t need to worry about odour so much.

Asentrouw

In the last months I've been growing some female seeds that were sold (and given as freebies) by a Spanish company called Eurogrow. They sell through their web anything related with cannabis cultivation.

At the beginning I was a little suspicius, but after some months I have to say that their seeds, ranging from 1 euro and 1.8 euro each, seem to be as good as the seeds sold by the classical commercial seedbanks like Dinafem, since they probably use the same "breeding" method: STS over well known cuts.

I've heard that there are more companies that sell these cheap seeds, but I only have experience with this one. This has been an opportunity to test some American strains in a easy and cheap way. All of the seeds I've grown are good, I haven't found any hermie and the weed is very good, stinky and resinous.

Will this be the end of the STS rippers? I grew some DINAFEM's at the same time, about 10 euro each seed, and I found mutants and hermies.

Now, I would pay that much money only and just for something really special that standard ripper banks don't provide. I would pay for a real breeding work.

But I have much more fun with these cheap seeds.

Have you got some experience with something similar?

I bought a lot of the standard strains through both more expensive and cheap seedshops.

Some of my best plants were from cheap bulk seeds of a few euro's each. And some expensive seeds from so-called "exclusive" seedbanks turned out like shit. Depends more on the seller, then on the prices. It all seemed legit genetics; you get what's described.

To be honest I think many of the famous Dutch seedbanks also sell the cheap bulk S1 seeds from Spain, just repacked and overpriced. Most lost their genetics long time ago or they are already numerous times reproduced. So these I rather buy cheap. In the end it's about pheno hunting anyway.

Ofcourse I won't mind paying something extra for something special or good breeding. But the prices some of these exclusive breeders (especially in the US and Canada) ask, are also quite ridicolous or even outragious - even if it is done properly. With the ammount of seeds one plant produces in one run, this is just exploitation.

I only had some issues with the more shady bulkbanks (New World/Live seeds comes to mind), where you got whatever; auto's, hermies, unstable completely different genetics then stated. More settled ones like OA (sadly prices tripled now), Seedstockers and Linda seeds have nice stuff. Tried Eurogrow also, but sadly these don't ship to my country.

Last edited: