What's new

Cheap pure C99 availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

cktRAVEl

ICMag Donor
Hehe sounds like a compliment, anyway wonder why would you buy more c99 if you already have the mosca version? :smile:

hahaha...all about selection.

My belief system: An F2 will give me a better chance at finding all the variations of C99 that are eliminated by the selection process to get to F5.
Wally and Reefs, although both C99, were different. Just look at the difference in yield.

Wally, Reef, Mosca and I may not choose the same keeper plants from a pack.

Its fun to have a wide variety in a pack of beans...for me anyway! Some peeps want a very uniform product, seeds to be like clones. I like the hunt.

:2cents:

Care Free 1

Veteran
Hehe sounds like a compliment, anyway wonder why would you buy more c99 if you already have the mosca version? :smile:

can you tell me how are my Blockberry seeds lookin... compared to the mosca c99? don't know mosca so im just wondering

I think cktRAVE! said it best. I plan on having C99 around for a long time, and I will find the best keepers out of each pack and work with them. But I have Mosca's f6's running right now in veg, so the BX1's and f1's will add to the mix to find the best. Yours would make more selection, and if Rez ever releases, I'll snap them up also.

And those Blockberry seeds look f/n fantastic, but those will be run this winter indoors. No regrets, believe me!!!

Good germ rate with Mosca's C99 f6's, which were only $50.

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahaha...all about selection.

My belief system: An F2 will give me a better chance at finding all the variations of C99 that are eliminated by the selection process to get to F5.
Wally and Reefs, although both C99, were different. Just look at the difference in yield.

Wally, Reef, Mosca and I may not choose the same keeper plants from a pack.

Its fun to have a wide variety in a pack of beans...for me anyway! Some peeps want a very uniform product, seeds to be like clones. I like the hunt.

:2cents:

~clones will never be like seeds :D

not to sound rude but you surely never saw my blockberry beans, they are probably one of the biggest on this planet & all should have 100% germ rates for at least a few yearz

yield is mostly a matter of growing ...i grow indoor/outdoor/balcony/greenhouse... and the same plant (clone) can have quite different yieldz obviously

i remember wally saying he did the last seed run with an open pollination, & i'm doing the same, with the goal to keep some diversity in the line (from grapefruit to0 pure pineapple:) ...all females were used but i just eliminated a few uninteresting males

C99 is an IBL but far from slow growing, in fact they grow/stretch much more than expected if grow-conditions are fine'

peAce!

c99 :D
c99_019.jpg
c99_012.jpg

Care Free 1

Veteran

not to sound rude but you surely never saw my blockberry beans, they are probably one of the biggest on this planet & all should have 100% germ rates for at least a few yearz

C99 is an IBL but far from slow growing, in fact they grow/stretch much more than expected if grow-conditions are fine'

Dude, you screwed up on the Blockberry, I had 12 large ass seeds in the bag. Says 11 seeds on the bag.

Make alot of C99 seeds, cuz they are in hot demand right now. For good reason.

cktRAVEl

ICMag Donor

yield is mostly a matter of growing ...i grow indoor/outdoor/balcony/greenhouse... and the same plant (clone) can have quite different yieldz obviously

i remember wally saying he did the last seed run with an open pollination, & i'm doing the same, with the goal to keep some diversity in the line (from grapefruit to0 pure pineapple:) ...all females were used but i just eliminated a few uninteresting males

peAce!

c99 :D

What was your point in saying all of this and who were you addressing?

...ckt

DRorganic

Veteran
i have a pack of wallys c99xgrapefruit .the law took my pure c99s. i had growing and the wally plants looked to be more stronger in growth and smell.the other was some gn collection seeds i bought last xmas for myself. so i had to start all over. instead of growing my plants indoor i think i will do some gorilla growing with some kalimistxjlp sourdog .that should do the job.i am thinking of doing a out door scrog.

Care Free 1

Veteran
well im just ston3d on the blockberry & talkin 2 my'self! :D

I'm listening XyZ. I always have an ear for breeders who I respect. You put the C99 beans up on the bay, especially for the price your talk'in about, and they will go fast for sure.

Lookin forward to it!!!

lurkmaster

[...]
With all that being said, i got 15 nice plants from 22 wally c99 (9 females + 6 males) ...& i'm already making a few seeds for myself... but with all this threads now i'm wondering if i should let the males a bit longer in the room. the result would be some more seeds than i need, so we could arrange this cheap c99 availability for some time... let me know how ya think!

That would be awesome, and I'm sure alot of people would be very appreciative of that, myself included.

Joey's C99 are definitely a great start to finding the pheno you like and isolating it
There are about 4 distinct phenos that surface in C99 if you grow enough of them you will be able to place a finger on all 4 easily like children .

All are great in their own respect...
But as a few intelligent members here have pointed out..
you will not be guaranteed a shot at all phenos when buying a knock off from another's
work such as a few currently selling them as they have been partially bottle knecked.

You will however get alot of nice phenos and should take the liberty to make plenty of beans to explore the possibilities.

The great phenos may well arrive in the 2nd or 3rd gen don't get discouraged.

I have seen plenty over the years and have easily isolated specific phenos, I have the chunky C99 indica pheno that is
my fav of the 4.

She breeds many phenos like herself consistently.

But when I hit her with some ak99 pollen she displayed the whole array of phenos yet again and a few ak47 phenos as well which were easily identified.

The big chunky C99 pheno which foxtails is also still in the Joey F2's she's done in about 55 days and is tropical as a Jolly Rancher...

a real favorite and a big yielder I named her (Manna)
A typical C99 hybrid pheno that flat out rocks!

as in the wiki definition felt fitting to this wonderful pheno

Manna (Hebrew: מָ‏ן) or Moun Salwa (Arabic, Persian, Urdu), sometimes or archaically spelled mana, is the name of a food which, according to the Bible, was eaten by the Israelites during their travels in the desert. It was said to be sweet to the taste.

I hope everybody stays as excited about C99 as I have always been and enjoys her to her fullest.

maybe all the Bs with the latest fad and hyped up strains will fade and folks will return to common sense strains that deliver happiness! That's C99 it delivers!

The fact that C99 is currently available to everybody by anybody is reason to enjoy summer enough....

Take heart and enjoy them,there's so much potential to tap into.

Here's Manna a super sweet C99 Hybrid
grown by a friend.

All My Best

Attachments

• IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2091.jpg
    IMG_2091.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 10
Here's a few more chunky C99 gals that need a few more weeks,but as you can see it isn't hard to pull Sick quality from the C99 gene pool when you take the time!

I hope Mosca's offerings provide some great gems for the people who are anxious to delve into the treasure chest..

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts