What's new

Chat is BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slackx

Veteran
The fuck is wrong with the chat...we never have more than like 7 people at a normal time and its broken. Something or someone failed.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
The fuck is wrong with the chat...we never have more than like 7 people at a normal time and its broken. Something or someone failed.

I don't understand what you mean. How does the number of users corelate to it being down?
As anyone thought to pm OP asking what's up with chat or are we all just whining? ;)

G

guest3854

KarmaGal, though tha number may not have anythang to do with it being down, every time more than 7 folks do enter, it seems to kick everyone out and is down fer tha next 15 minutes er so. It's down right now fyi.......

Mornin fellas, this what I was doin all last night, took me bout 10 hrs do to having to run down tha stadium, retrieving 2 cuts of each..... 'bout 300 slips :sasmokin:

picture.php

Be well,
Steele

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
See, I was in there a ton last week and there was sometimes more than that and all was good...Are you confusing the server issues with # of people in chat? The past couple weeks there have been server issues and when the server would go down the chat would soon follow....takes longer to reset chat than get the forum back up.

slackx

Veteran
More or less that its so underused that there really shouldn't be anything wrong with it once its installed, there is no real load on that script to perform to make it crash.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Do you have any idea how many jobs OP has? If you did you would understand exactly why he likely has no clue. He's doing his best. He's not a webmaster but has been placed in that position, temporarily. Bit disrespectful, really. Don't take me the wrong way, please...but as a chat Mod it actually is your responsibility to inform Admin when issues arrise...

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
It's fine if some of the administration is unaware... I understand that you guys have a lot of responsibility.

I did not single out op. I said the entire admin. I just meant I should not have to be the one that makes oldpink aware of the situation some 2-3 days later.

It seems if one admin member knows of an issue the appropriate person should be notified to take care of the problem.

The fact 2 days later I have to notify oldpink shows me no administration was aware of the problem...or just an awful lack of communication...not just oldpink...

OP is the temp webmaster. He is the only one involved in any way with chat. He is the one to contact. He's the one who has contact with the server host. The other Admin are not responsible for tech issues, that's what a webmaster is for. If you notified another Admin, it would be prudent for them to forward the info. Since it isn't thier responsibility and they don't use the feature, unless it was brought to Admins attention, how would they know?

Btw..I'm just explaining things so people know how things are run :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts