What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Of course it's important to chant daimoku and do your best in Gakkai activities. But if you only focus on your Buddhist practice without making an honest effort at your workplace, you're just escaping from reality. So long as you have that attitude, the results will be the same, no matter where you work.

"Mr. Toda used to say: 'In faith, do the work of one; in your job, do the work of three.' That's the way of life for Gakkai members. And Nichiren Daishonin writes: 'Regard your service to your lord as the practice of the Lotus Sutra' (WND-1, 905). In other words, regard your work as your practice of the Lotus Sutra and throw yourself into it wholeheartedly. When you strive to become the best person in your workplace and win the trust of your employer and fellow employees, while at the same time making an earnest
effort to practise Buddhism, you'll grow as a person. That's what I did. I worked until midnight day after day in order to keep Mr. Toda's businesses running."

SGI Newsletter No. 7729, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 2, Currents 8, translated March 6th, 2009

scegy

we'r with you desi, sending ~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~ to you buddy, strong and good will to you!

scegy = clitoris
fighting for the right reasons since '84​

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Desi you have made great causes towards receiving your Gohonzon, you will win!

Desi you have made great causes towards receiving your Gohonzon, you will win!

Bonzo you will win too my man. Socal you are my brother for life brother. For real Socal we took this vow and will continue to stick together! It's Mugi Wasshin at its best in these crucial moments!

I have won with respect to this job situation and now I gotta shift my focus back to chanting as much as possible! I will admit I went from hours to minutes as soon as the work pendulum started swinging! Happiness is a bigger part of my life than it ever was because of the recent fortification of my heart via daimoku, member care (i volunteer to help the SGI setup meetings on weekends because wouldn't you do the same for Nichiren Daishonin, I know I sure would)! I love life and feel like roberto bellini after he won the oscar for life is beautiful!

I've read that a lion advances three steps before he pounces to feed himself and the nourishment for Humans is via Three easy breezy Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

And when you develop faith and work to maintain it for life, the wonders never cease, the friends and family benefit from your practice and you can change anything in your environment, just try to do and chant for it This thread of chanting growers has it all: birth, life, downs(depressions, recessions lol), ups ( :abduct: ) and if we keep this faith in the Mystic Law, WOW! That is far away for all of us, but hey in the meantime THIS PRACTICE SURE IS WORKING FOR ME! Read my posts I really fucking try and don't give up. Wilson or another new member recently told me it is about never being defeated, I LOVE THAT CUS I CAN'T STOP AND I WON'T STOP! I'll write that part three (3) next! I promise, been too busy!

Let's chant together, aim to chant at 5am PST (Pacific Standard Time) for as long as you can and I'll be sure to chant during that time and join you! Let's win together.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"A Buddhist doesn't simply pray to win without making any effort. If that was Buddhism, it would only teach people to be lazy and corrupt.

"As a Soka Gakkai member you need to work harder than anyone else at your job and, in order to become as efficient and productive as possible, study and think hard. Faith and daimoku enable us to bring forth a strong life-force and the necessary wisdom to succeed in that endeavour. Every job demands not only hard work but also presents a variety of other challenges, such as human relations problems and other difficulties. But your job is a place where you can polish and perfect yourself as a person.

"It's very important to give it your full effort, become the top performer in your workplace, and to win the trust of those around you. This will improve your performance and reputation.... And if that were to occur, you would regard your workplace as the most optimum.

"During gongyo each morning, you should pray with determination to do your best at your job that day, become a victor in your workplace, and demonstrate the power of your Buddhist faith. That's the key to fully manifesting your greatest strength and wisdom.... That's the Soka Gakkai spirit."

SGI Newsletter No. 7730, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 2, Currents 9, translated March 9th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Never seek this Gohonzon outside yourself. The Gohonzon exists only within the mortal flesh of us ordinary people who embrace the Lotus Sutra and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.."

(The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 832) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's speech, Seikyo Shimbun, March 10th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Earnestly and seriously,
let's chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with the great vow that we
will achieve kosen-rufu.
At that determined single moment a
total transformation will begin,
establishing the cause for certain and absolute victory
in our own lives!

Daisaku Ikeda

* The Daishonin's Buddhism teaches the life of the Buddha as a reality. That's why the Daishonin urges us to dedicate our lives to the great desire for kosen-rufu. The lives of those who make this desire their own and who work in earnest to realise their pledge to do so without backsliding in faith gradually come to fuse with the life of the Buddha and bring forth the state of Buddhahood. (The World of Nichiren Daishonin's Writings, Vol.1, page 7)

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Where's Wilson, btw?

Where's Wilson, btw?

Hey everybody!!!..........thankyou for all the daimoku and your support of "Doubt Free Faith"!

Well, it's almost two days after surgery and I really feel reborn again! As it turned out I had a 95% blockage in my right carotid artery. My left side is fine. The operation was called a Carotid Endarterectomy. The scary part was if a piece of plaque were to break off it would have blood clotted the brain= massive stroke or death. Having high blood pressure for years undetected until 2003 caused a hardening of my carotid on the right side which made it easy for plaque to form. Most people catch this when it's 60%.

This whole thing was meant to happen,..... it's unbelievable, the way every step unfolded. It came down to literally experiencing hell that turned into good fortune. This was Nichiren text book, I mean it. When they layed me on the operating table, in my mind I saw that picture of Nichiren Daishonin because I choose it to be and then I saw I had another life waiting for me if the circumstances presented that as my outcome. I never felt so calm and confident during any major event in my life like what I experienced by giving ALL MY FAITH unto Nichiren Dashonin. And of course I was chanting Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo the whole time. I love you all!.....desi!

PS. every single event was orchestrated,....to keep me from going to the junkyard......I'm in awe is the best way to describe it, and I know now I should have never expected anything less........I was so sick as all this came down.........I struggled through hell like I never have before. At one point I wanted to die because of what hell I was going through to make my own GOOD FORTUNE. But, with each and every chant I was like this ,"I will never give up" character that came from my inner soul........sheww, this was a real happening for sure bros!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everybody!!!..........thankyou for all the daimoku & prayers!

...... I never felt so calm and confident during any major event in my life like what I experienced by giving ALL MY FAITH unto Nichiren Dashonin. And of course I was chanting Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo the whole time. I love you all!.....desi!

PS. every single event was orchestrated,....to keep me from going to the junkyard......I'm in awe is the best way to describe it, and I know now I should have never expected anything less........I was so sick as all this came down.........I struggled through hell like I never have before. At one point I wanted to die because of what hell I was going through to make my own GOOD FORTUNE. But, with each and every chant I was like this ,"I will never give up" character that came from my inner soul........sheww, this was a real happening for sure bros!

Thanks for being a living example of the power of faith Desi! You have inspired all of us and I am most grateful for your efforts! NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN!! ALWAYS MAINTAINING FAITH AND COURAGE AND CHANTING ABUNDANT DAIMOKU!!! VICTORIES AWAIT THOSE WHO CAN SAY “I WILL NEVER GIVE UP” AND THEN CONTINUE ON NO MATTER WHAT!

Thank you Bro!!!!!!

Now get your Gohonzon!!!

I love ya!

Deepest respect,

Thomas

scegy

woooohoooooo!!!!!!!!
desi it's an honor and a pleasure to see how u'r evolving as a being and when u'r in truble never forget again what is your vow, " I will NEVER give up!!!" and the Gohonzon is always within you, never look for it outside urself!
p.s. except for the mirror, The Dai Gohonzon, trust yourself and get it, remember you can't be defeated or decieved unless you give up the fight for the RIGHT!

FOREST: warm welcome to you and keep the vibes flowing!

love you bro and peace!

p.s.

i promised something

i don't even know where to begin, huh
i don't know where i left the story but here's a short version
as i said before, i had major major problems with my gf until one month or so back when things started moving on
i met a girl that made me feel calm and i felt like i can talk to her and we clicked in many other ways, but i made a promise to myself to not step over the frendship line. and it started to eat my brains out: either to stay with my gf now and not know what will happen, or start a new thing with the new girl slowly
but the new girl has other plans and other man in her life so i kind off felt left behind AGAIN. then i said fuck no, i can't make the same mistakes all over and over again. i started chanting to overcome that problem and not poke the new girl and just deal with the shit i got with my gf now. then i realized it actually doesn't matter what she or any other woman or man does, if i know i have the power of Gohonzon in myself, howcome i can't overcome my dissapointment and anger every time i get to this problem? Because i haven't really put much effort/daimoku in it? perhaps!
so my 2. goal was to become independant and to strive for the right things as i know i'm always greatly repayed if i just don't give up no matter what. And i know from before that i can be stubborn as a goat for some things that i once thought i knew but have realized later that i had a point but just couldn't get over all my bad feelings. So why don't i try to be a good goat, a goat that kicks ass in good things and doesn't give up?
I was off to chanting again and the second thing that happend was that i Shakubukued the new girl i was talking about, and the main point was that i wanted her to trust me and i went straight forward about how i'm helping myself (NMRK) nothing else and i said "please try with me", and she tried some more at home! so i won the battle, but the war goes on, she stopped chanting after that but at least she know there's an option
I've been also able to give her support in her problems with her bf and she's still with him, fighting her problems as he challanges her and i feel good about it.
In general my selfconfidence and determination has gone up, and i've taken a responsibility at our SGI center to organize transportation to Croatia where we'r having a Youth meeting and they'r hosting it for the first time so we'r helping them too...and the challanges just keep comming up, either about my work, school, love, parrents, friends etc. and as devastating as it feels sometimes(suicide thoughts, fuck it all) i still manage to do it all, and have just short pit stops that i've been shortening lately even more.

So honestly helping others builds up a person huh? yeah it does

The last one is Love for today, i've been lacking courage to stay focused on the fact that it's 50/50 in a relationship, been more bothered with what she's doing than excepting what i'm actually doing
so another determination was to give my 50% as close as i can, and better each time no matter what
BUT(what what?in tha but!) the thing is as good as it sometimes looks i can't and i won't be fooled with sex again, because her half of the work is not even close as far as i see, she would need either lots of daimoku or some other hard ass tool to shape and wake her up
i'm reluctant to chant for our brakeup so i gotta take the longer way, to chant for her to start chanting again and for real this time, or in other words, mystical powers help me to help her!

i don't feel like i'm on the top of it at all, but i sure feel like "ok i can get the point, i won't stop working on my issues because of you again, i'll do it for me. But you gotta work things out for yourself else i see just another 5 years of not enjoying the relationship from both sides"
And i firmly believe that my Gohonzon will lead the right way if i follow no matter what, he's been speaking all my life i just didn't know how to stop and listen

Having this kind of one way fight gets you lonely and along with weed i started to isolate myself from other girls, but huh was i wrong, i'm often the only male buddhist in our meetings here and it get's me to all sorts of places in my mind but most of them(actually i bow to all of them)are strong women(in mind, sexy as hell in the other way) and they give support like no one else can.

I'm not trying to say i want a Buddhist girlfriend, but i sure want her to have or work hard to gain that selftrust and a seeking mind that follows the truth. It's called respect, i admit i showed little respect to women in my former days, actually to all living beings. i was really a blind bitchy son, i never did bad things to anyone, but little strategic moves and words that would define my judgement on the person
So instead of enjoying and contributing i was looking, judging and processing things and peoples's words.

Feels like learning for an exam and having little time, if you worry about time then you'r dead, if you make your best of it, you will surely pass!

Working hard to make the best of it!

That's it friends, thank you for all your support and love
~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~
~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~keep up the beat!​

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo
So happy things went so well. Such a great lesson in faith!! thanks for sharing Desi !!
Nam myoho renge kyo

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

From "The Essentials for Attaining Buddhahood", in The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 746.

Is not the meaning of the sutra and the commentary that the way to Buddhahood lies within the two elements of reality and wisdom? Reality means the true nature of all phenomena, and wisdom means the illuminating and manifesting of this true nature. Thus when the riverbed of reality is infinitely broad and deep, the water of wisdom will flow ceaselessly. When this reality and wisdom are fused, one attains Buddhahood in one's present form.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Scegy, that's the BEST POST ever!!!

Scegy, that's the BEST POST ever!!!

I had to get that out to you bro. I'm with your every word. Man I respect you guys and our faith deeper than ever!.........I'm working on a bowel movement so bear with me!:moon:

"T", Bud, Easy, and Payaso, it means so much to be with you in heart & soul!!!

Forest20, thankyou brother from the bottom of my heart, literally!!!:woohoo:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not trying to say i want a Buddhist girlfriend, but i sure want her to have or work hard to gain that selftrust and a seeking mind that follows the truth. It's called respect, i admit i showed little respect to women in my former days, actually to all living beings. i was really a blind bitchy son, i never did bad things to anyone, but little strategic moves and words that would define my judgement on the person
So instead of enjoying and contributing i was looking, judging and processing things and peoples's words.

Feels like learning for an exam and having little time, if you worry about time then you'r dead, if you make your best of it, you will surely pass!

Working hard to make the best of it!

That's it friends, thank you for all your support and love
~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~
~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~keep up the beat!​

Welcome Forest! I thought maybe you had already posted before in my absence. Thanks to Scegy for catching my bad.

WOW SCEGGERS YOU JUST SUCCESSFULLY BLEW MY SHIT AWAY! Man have you changed since you received your Gohonzon! It seems to have really helped you see your life more clearly! Deepest Respect Brother!

To do the right thing is sometimes the hardest thing, but the law of cause and effect says that therefore the effect of such an effort reflects that! You are never shorted and always rewarded. Sounds like a winner to me!

Much love and deep respect to all!

T

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I REALLY REALLY LOVE EACH OF YOU SO MUCH!

I REALLY REALLY LOVE EACH OF YOU SO MUCH!

WOW SCEGGERS YOU JUST SUCCESSFULLY BLEW MY SHIT AWAY! Man have you changed since you received your Gohonzon! It seems to have really helped you see your life more clearly! Deepest Respect Brother!

To do the right thing is sometimes the hardest thing, but the law of cause and effect says that therefore the effect of such an effort reflects that! You are never shorted and always rewarded. Sounds like a winner to me!

Much love and deep respect to all!

T

DESI! YOU WON! I KNEW YOU WOULD! 2009 best year yet for all of us! Your my family Desi, like babba, bonzo, socal and Tom, I hold you in a highly esteemed way, I'm proud of you!

SCEGY I am your myoho brother for the rest of your life. Since you plan on helping the youth get to croatia, I can't wait to meet you and share everything I can with you. You are my myoho-twin! We came so far because of the teachers on this thread and we are now teaching others how it works.

Babba your NMRK's always make me smile, I'm winning BUD! I got the job and everyting else, I kinda blew a gasket last night momentarily when I got home, but I got back on track by morning and shit bud, I will not quit ever man.

Tom, :)

LIKE THE ROAR OF THE LION, NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To all of our precious members who are forever striving boldly and courageously for the sake of kosen-rufu -- you will surely be embraced and assisted by the Buddhist gods, the protective forces of the universe. Even as you work hard behind the scenes, silently and unnoticed by others, be assured that your life is being adorned with immeasurable benefit and good fortune!

Let's advance with great confidence, conviction and courage!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If in a single moment of life we exhaust the pains and trials of millions of kalpas, then instant after instant there will arise in us the three Buddha bodies with which we are eternally endowed. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is just such a 'diligent' practice."

(Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 790, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 214) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 9th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"For what purpose, then, should we use this life, which is irreplaceable? In 'Letter from Sado,' the Daishonin teaches that by dedicating our life to the practice of Buddhism we can attain Buddhahood. To underscore the profound significance of such dedication, he first cites the 'Medicine King' (23rd) chapter of the Lotus Sutra. He then points to the examples of the boy Snow Mountains and the ascetic Aspiration for the Law--both of whom represent Shakyamuni Buddha in past existences when he was carrying out bodhisattva practise--to clarify that striving with an ungrudging spirit is the key to accomplishing our Buddhist practice.

"Further, the Daishonin notes that those who are prepared to give their lives will not hesitate to part with any other treasure. He is in effect saying with strict compassion to those of his followers who trembled at the thought of being persecuted and suffering such terrible consequences as having their fiefs confiscated: 'Aren't these present persecutions we are facing an unparalleled chance to give our lives in exchange for Buddhahood? Since the goal of attaining that supreme state of life is just ahead, what can we possibly have to fear?'

"This passage also conveys an important spirit that offers lessons for us today. One of these lessons, as noted above, is that simply clinging to our life will not result in attaining genuine happiness. It is by establishing a fundamental purpose and pursuing the correct course in life--ready to face any hardship this might entail--that enables us to experience a deep sense of joy and fulfilment. If we allow ourselves to be controlled by shallow desires and begrudge our lives at a crucial moment, then our hearts will wither and only misery and regret will await us."

SGI Newsletter No. 7728, LEARNING FROM THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN: THE TEACHINGS FOR VICTORY <NEW SERIES> [1] "Letter from Sado"--Part 1 [of 3], My Disciples, Win with the Heart of a Lion King!, The Fundamental Issue of Life and Death, from the January 2009 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translated March 6th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Birds and crickets cry, but never shed tears. I, Nichiren, do not cry, but my tears flow ceaselessly. I shed my tears not for worldly affairs but solely for the sake of the Lotus Sutra."

(The True Aspect of All Phenomena- The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 386) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 11th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's everyone who has posted more than once. Obviously a big chunk of the "guest' posts are from Southern Girl and Vegas Buddha and Avid Learner (and EasyDisco in a previous incarnation). I miss them! Where have all of our friends gone? If you are still with us say hello again! Without every single person listed below, this thing would not be as it is right now. Based on the last few posts, the thread has definitely impacted the lives of others and continues to. So we do too!

PassTheDoobie 3,615
SoCal Hippy 1,322
Babbabud 999
Guest 955
EasyMyohoDisco 537
Bonzo 478
Hitman 323
Desiderata 178
scegy 160
BushyOldGrower 121
GordyP 85
GeorgialouWho 75