What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"(T'ien-t'ai states, 'From the indigo, an even deeper blue.' This passage means that, if one dyes something repeatedly in indigo, it becomes even bluer than the indigo leaves.) The Lotus Sutra is like the indigo, and the strength of one's practice is like the deepening blue."

(Hell Is the Land of Tranquil Light - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 457) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's essay, Seikyo Shimbun, January 1st, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Those who can
bring happiness to their friends
are experts in the art of happiness.
Those who can
Bring peace to their society
are emissaries of peace."

SGI Newsletter No. 8416, Symphony of Life: SGI President Ikeda’s Photographs and Poems, from the June 12th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Dec. 27th, 2011

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Hope the New Year brings lots of Daimoku from everyone.
Spent the last few days out of town enjoying sending out the old year and bringing in the New.
Easy I lost my best friend kitty to a mtn lion a few months back. Only real cat friend I had to that point.. he taught me how to love kitties ... was the first real cat friend I ever had. Im sure our two little buddies are doing just fine together :)
Lets bring in the New Year with plenty of Daimoku !! I say this to myself more then anyone ... lets get it in gear and do some chanting :)

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

TheDanishBuddha

Happy new year everyone! Let this be the year where our goals and dreams become reality for all of us :)
One of my goals is to chant at least 1 million Daimoku this year, which I am going to use to achieve even higher goals! All in the name of Kosen-Rufu and Happiness for all human kind! LETS DOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT AND KICK SOME ASS!
All the best in 2012 :)

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"It is the power of the bow that determines the flight of the arrow, the might of the dragon that controls the movement of the clouds, and the strength of the wife that guides the actions of her husband."

(The Bow and Arrow - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 656) Selection source: Teachings of Buddhism, Seikyo Shimbun, December 25th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"No matter how much a person or society prospers, if they become arrogant and stop learning, they will inevitably enter a path of decline. If, however, the spirit of learning continues to shine with sunlike brilliance, they will never be deadlocked, but always be able to find a path leading to continued growth and development."

SGI Newsletter No. 8413, The Spirit of Learning Is the Driving Force for Ongoing Development, from the Oct. 12th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Dec. 22nd, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With the attitude of 'now more than ever before'
let's make a deep resolve and set our goals high,
aiming straight for the very pinnacle of victory!
In this truly important year,
let us forge an even greater, iron-like unity amongst ourselves!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Worthy persons deserve to be called so because they are not carried away by the eight winds: prosperity, decline, disgrace, honour, praise, censure, suffering, and pleasure."

(The Eight Winds - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 794) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's Essay, December 26th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"We are living out our lives directly connected to Nichiren Daishonin and his teachings. The resulting benefits are immeasurable and boundless, and we will definitely be safeguarded by the protective functions of the universe. The Daishonin assures us of this in his writings. If we practice our faith assiduously, we are certain to enjoy happy, exhilarating, and victorious lives and establish within ourselves the life-state of Buddhahood. Let’s do our best!"

SGI Newsletter No. 8404, SGI President Ikeda’s Speech Excerpts, the Dec. 13th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Dec. 15th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A strong resolve is what leads toward taking concrete action.
And it is a courageous spirit that constructs the future.
You, my fellow members, are the very pillars of the day and of this age.
Now is the moment to realise the "great vow" of mentor and disciple!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"From this single element of mind spring all the various lands and environmental conditions. The sacred teachings of the Buddha’s lifetime are devoted to explaining this principle. These are what is known as the storehouse of the eighty-four thousand teachings. All these are teachings encompassed within the single entity of an individual. Hence the storehouse of the eighty-four thousand teachings represents a day-to-day record of one’s own existence."

- From 'The Unanimous Declaration by the Buddhas of the Three Existences' (WND-2, 843).

"Everything starts from our inner determination. However dark the times, when the sun of time without beginning—our inner Buddhahood—rises in our heart, we can transform even our environment. No matter what happens, the important thing is not to despair, not to give up, and never to let oneself be defeated.

"As proud members of the SGI, we are joyfully writing a golden record of our life day after day."

SGI Newsletter No. 8408, Living the Gosho: Words of Encouragement from SGI President Ikeda, (61) Writing a Golden Record of Our Life Day after Day, from the Nov. 29th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Dec. 16th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"What does Bodhisattva Never Disparaging's profound respect for people signify? The purpose of the appearance in this world of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings, lies in his behaviour as a human being."

(The Three Kinds of Treasure - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 852) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan 4th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Desi, While I was chanting it occurred to me that its probably time to encourage you again to receive your Gohonzon!

You too Forest!
You too Wierd!

You too DG!!!

(Sister T--You have yours already, right?)

I hope everyone reading this thread gets the honor of receiving Gohonzon sometime in their lifetime!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy new year everyone! Let this be the year where our goals and dreams become reality for all of us :)
One of my goals is to chant at least 1 million Daimoku this year, which I am going to use to achieve even higher goals! All in the name of Kosen-Rufu and Happiness for all human kind! LETS DOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT AND KICK SOME ASS!
All the best in 2012 :)

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

I'm so happy to see you are still with us Brother!!! Keep reading!!!!

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas :wave:

Bonzo

Veteran
"No matter how much a person or society prospers, if they become arrogant and stop learning, they will inevitably enter a path of decline. If, however, the spirit of learning continues to shine with sunlike brilliance, they will never be deadlocked, but always be able to find a path leading to continued growth and development."

SGI Newsletter No. 8413, The Spirit of Learning Is the Driving Force for Ongoing Development, from the Oct. 12th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Dec. 22nd, 2011

good morning my friends :) was just talking to someone about this last night...ya know sometimes whats posted here jumps out at me with incredible clarity and other times not so much...i realize its the days i wake up gratefull and positive about the new day that this clarity comes...morning daimoku allways puts me in a positive place :) pretty simple eh? so why dont i do it everyday? im workin' on that...:) ya'll have a positively awesome day...:)

nam myoho renge kyo :)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gohonzon

Gohonzon

Hey Desi, While I was chanting it occurred to me that its probably time to encourage you again to receive your Gohonzon!

You too Forest!
You too Wierd!

You too DG!!!

(Sister T--You have yours already, right?)

I hope everyone reading this thread gets the honor of receiving Gohonzon sometime in their lifetime!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

Thomas

I thank you all so much for the encouragement you gave for me to receive my gohonzon.

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Hello to TheDanishBuddha!

Hello to TheDanishBuddha!

"Worthy persons deserve to be called so because they are not carried away by the eight winds: prosperity, decline, disgrace, honour, praise, censure, suffering, and pleasure."

(The Eight Winds - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 794) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's Essay, December 26th, 2011

Good morning Bonz! Yeah bro you are so right about the passages are really talking to me too. This quote here I need to work on, because I know it's the truth.

Babba (Easy), thanks for sharing kitties little life with us. Man it's tough losing our little 4-legged children. Nature is a Force that is visible all around us and is very unforgiving. It's almost like we are freaks put here looking for a purpose in life. We are just surviving, (living to make money) that's all really....imo....but for us that is a good thing, and it's fun and amazing at times when we are humble, but positive....because human energy is a Force.

T, if I could ever walk out of my shell, I seem stuck inside it....fear of being terminated...if I go on unemployment.....hell they all lie, the ones running our company, it's dog eat dog out here....LOL

Love you ALL!

desi

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greeting people in a refreshing voice opens doors to new friendships. It's important that we do our utmost to meet face to face with people and sincerely try to bond, heart to heart, with them. Buddhism is all about our behaviour as human beings.*

Daisaku Ikeda

*"The purpose of the appearance in this world of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings, lies in his behaviour as a human being." - "The Three Kinds of Treasure", WND-I, page 852

Bonzo

Veteran
Greeting people in a refreshing voice opens doors to new friendships. It's important that we do our utmost to meet face to face with people and sincerely try to bond, heart to heart, with them. Buddhism is all about our behaviour as human beings.*

Daisaku Ikeda

*"The purpose of the appearance in this world of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings, lies in his behaviour as a human being." - "The Three Kinds of Treasure", WND-I, page 852

WOOO HOOOO! GOOD MORNING MY FRIENDS!! :)

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!

can ya'll feel the GOOD JUJU today? man o man its a beautifull day! GOHONZON for DESI!!! JUST DO IT BROHAM! :) :) :)

Bonzo

Veteran
oops i had more to post but im using my "mobile device" and it keeps kicking me off :) laptop in my near future :) ...lost my train of thought...ya know i have been put in a strange position to be helpful to some people that really need a lil' help and i must say i dont know who gets more out of it, me or them. something magic happens when one human being selflessly helps another...that moment when thier despair starts to turn to just the slightest flicker of hope...both of us FEEL it...hairs on the back of the neck stand up, waves of true happiness and joy vibrate through both people...its unreal! two people learning together what is really important right here and now...its a feeling that CANNOT be bought and i would not trade it for any amount of money...everything else seems to fall into place when i keep this as the main thing :)

i lost my train of thought again...:)

peace and love my friends :)

nam myoho renge kyo:)

Status
Not open for further replies.