Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo
Our chants go out to everyone affected by the earthquake.
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Nam myoho renge kyo
Yeh its terrible whats happening right now with all the earthquakes, japan just hit, and originally the big christchurch one in NZ, im from christchurch but moved to aussie a week before the original earthqauke hit in september, and then they had the bad one bout 2-3weeks back.

Shit is going crazy all round the world atm, we should chant for every1 and all. May peace be upon this earth of ours.

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
some special Diamoku for the peoples of Japan

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

From a translation of "Daily Encouragement" by President Ikeda, published in the Seikyo Shimbun. The first comment below is from the gentleman who sends out the email version of the translation of the guidances.

"Here in Tokyo today we had our graduation ceremony and President Ikeda sent us a very long and in-depth message, most encouraging. Only those graduating, their parents and students living nearby came. We started the ceremony off with a minute's silence and then the whole building shook... as we continue to experience many earthquakes although less and less. Power outages are going on very irregularly in the suburbs to keep things going in central Tokyo."

Thursday, March 17th, 2011
---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"I offer my sincerest condolences to those of you who have been affected by the devastating earthquake and tsunamis that struck north-eastern Japan five days ago (March 11th, 2011) and have left many people still missing and unaccounted for. I can only imagine the fatigue and exhaustion you must be suffering. My wife and I, along with the members throughout Japan and the world, are sending daimoku to you with all our hearts, earnestly praying for your health and well-being and that all Buddhas and bodhisattvas--the positive forces of the universe--will rigorously protect you.

"I wish to deeply thank those of you who are selflessly devoting yourselves to the rescue and relief efforts in the stricken areas. I also truly appreciate those of you who are supporting your communities as solid and reliable pillars during this difficult time. Takuboku Ishikawa (1886-1912), a renowned, youthful poet who hailed from Tohoku, the north-eastern region of Japan, declared: 'Helping one person is a far greater achievement than becoming the ruler of a country.' I, therefore, express my deepest respect and gratitude to all of you.

"Nichiren Daishonin writes that even if we should meet with disasters and calamities, they cannot destroy our hearts (cf. WND-2, 135). Nothing can destroy the treasures of the heart. Every adversity is but a trial for us to overcome so that we can attain eternal happiness. The Daishonin's Buddhism, our practice of faith in the Mystic Law, enables us to transform all poison into medicine without fail.

SGI Newsletter No. 8182, SGI President Ikeda’s Message, Never Be Defeated! Have Courage! Have Hope!, from the March 16th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated March 16th, 2011.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Happy March 16th! Kosen-rufu Day!

Happy March 16th! Kosen-rufu Day!

I'm also chanting for everyone suffering throughout the world. Tonight we heard reports from Japan during our massive Youth Division meeting in the city. March 16th is the day commemoration the founding of the SGI Youth Division.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Youth of Soka, be the source of the light of hope amidst the storm. I hand the baton to you, my successors.

Words Of The Week

Week of March 14, 2011

All of us deeply appreciate the volunteer rescue efforts of the valiant members of the Tohoku area and the youth of Soka Gakkai. Let's raise voices of courage with the spirit of March 16.(*) (*)March 16, 1958. On that date, second Soka Gakkai president Josei Toda, just two weeks before his death, transmitted his dream of revitalizing the world through the humanism of Nichiren Daishonin to his young disciples led by Daisaku Ikeda.

The SGI community centers are really supporting so many people throughout the north and down through Tokyo through all the affected areas. All the members are encouraged to only donate money to the Red Cross or other known established legitimate operations that you would feel comfortable dealing with. I'm sending mad daimoku and keeping it real by laying the foundation to find other people around me that want to chant with me and be happy joyful compassionate Bodhisattvas!

I'm not Japanese, but believe that we are all humans and that is more than enough common ground for me to continue to compassionately dedicate my life to helping others realize the best potential reality for each of us and live happy and free existences!

It will always be an honor for me to have been an active part of this movement. In Thomas' absence, I feel that I should be reading more items from the past in the thread and keep working with what we have. I haven't been posting because I got alot of guidance from Tom Babba, Socal and others which hit home and guidance to others that saved my life more than once. This thread is a great tool and the best way for us to continue to keep Nichiren Buddhism involved in our Canna(uni)Verse!

Hugs,
MyohoDisco

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Mar 15, 2011 Soka Gakkai News Bulletin from Japan (Translated in English)

Mar 15, 2011 Soka Gakkai News Bulletin from Japan (Translated in English)

Tohoku leader Kazuo Nirasawa (left) encouraging people staying at the Izumi Ikeda Peace Center in Sendai City (March 14)
The Soka Gakkai central emergency communications center at the Tokyo Headquarters, together with Soka Gakkai community centers serving as emergency centers throughout the affected Tohoku region, continue to provide relief to those affected by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. The organization is also providing emergency assistance to those affected by a further strong earthquake which hit the Shin'etsu region of central Japan on March 12.

In addition to the provision of shelter, food and other basic necessities, in an effort to provide moral support to those who have been displaced and are now staying at Soka Gakkai centers, Soka Gakkai leaders from the affected areas are visiting the centers to offer individual encouragement to the victims. Representative Soka Gakkai youth members have also been dispatched to the affected areas to offer assistance.

Providing essential supplies at the Soka Gakkai Asahi Culture Center, Chiba Prefecture (March 13)
On March 14, Mr. Kazuo Nirasawa, the regional leader of Soka Gakkai in Tohoku, expressed his heartfelt thanks to all those supporting relief activities in the region. He stated, "Some 3,500 people are being sheltered at 21 Soka Gakkai centers throughout Tohoku. We are doing our utmost best to provide a support system for these people." Mr. Nirasawa expressed his regret at how difficult it still is to reach people in tsunami-stricken areas.

At the Soka Gakkai Wakabayashi Peace Center in Miyagi Prefecture, Soka Gakkai women members acting as volunteers to provide relief at the center, including some who have lost their own homes, created large badges inscribed with the Japanese phrase "gambaro!" meaning "Let's do our best" or "Let's hang in there."

On March 13, Soka Gakkai members gathered at the Soka Gakkai Iwate Culture Center to discuss how to find people still missing in seaside communities hit by the tsunami and how best to provide support to people in the area. Soka Gakkai leaders and youth formed teams and set off to the cities of Kamaishi, Ofunato, Miyako and Rikuzentakata to aid in rescue efforts.

Iwate Prefecture leader Nintei Kasai (second from right) visiting Kamaishi (March 13)
Mr. Nintei Kasai, the prefectural leader of Soka Gakkai in Iwate, together with youth leader Mr. Tetsuo Nagai, went to the particularly badly hit seaside community of Kamaishi to deliver food, water and relief supplies. Along the way, they stopped at the city of Tono to pick up blankets donated by Soka Gakkai members there.

The Soka Gakkai Kamaishi Culture Center, which is also being used as an emergency communications center, is being run by local youth members. Mr. Kasai reported hearing stories of great courage and fortitude from those rescued, many of whom immediately joined relief efforts following their own rescue. One local member whose home was just beyond the reach of the tsunami had opened his home to help assess relief needs of local residents.

Surveying the damage in Kamaishi (March 13)
At 3:59 am on Saturday March 12, another massive earthquake hit the Shin'etsu area of central Japan. In Sakae-mura, Nagano Prefecture, the earthquake measured an upper 6. Roads and railroads were blocked, and houses damaged. In Tokamachi city and Tsunanmachi, Niigata Prefecture, the earthquake also caused serious damage.

Soka Gakkai in Nagano and Niigata set up emergency communication centers and began relief efforts in response. In close coordination with the Soka Gakkai Headquarters in Tokyo, these centers are gathering accurate information and reaching out to communicate with and encourage those affected.

[Adapted from an article in the March 15, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, Soka Gakkai, Japan; photos courtesy of Seikyo Shimbun]

from: http://www.sgi.org/news/h-relief/re...f-efforts-in-tohoku-and-shinetsu-regions.html

Last edited:

Suspect

Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Contact Established with Soka Gakkai Centers near Coast (yesterday)

Contact Established with Soka Gakkai Centers near Coast (yesterday)

Mar 16, 2011

Relief materials being distributed at the Soka Gakkai Ishinomaki Culture Center (March 15)
In the wake of the earthquake that hit Japan on March 11, Mr. Kazuo Nirasawa, the regional leader of Soka Gakkai in Tohoku, and Mr. Akihiko Morishima, Miyagi prefectural leader, met with Miyagi Prefectural Governor Yoshihiro Murai on March 15 to report on the assistance being provided to 3,000 people now seeking refuge at Soka Gakkai centers in Miyagi Prefecture alone. They discussed how to best cooperate in supporting victims of the earthquake.

On the same day, Soka Gakkai representatives held a similar meeting with Mayor Emiko Okuyama of Sendai City at the Sendai City Office.

Since the day of the quake, no news had been received from two Soka Gakkai centers in Ishinomaki, a coastal town near a peninsula in the northeastern part of Miyagi Prefecture. On March 14, a message finally reached the Soka Gakkai Tohoku Culture Center in Sendai City, informing them that many evacuees were being housed at the Ishinomaki Peace Center. On the same day, Soka Gakkai members set off by car to the Ishinomaki Peace Center to deliver relief supplies. After searching for the least damaged roads and with frequent rerouting, they finally arrived at the center that evening.

Ms. Tokue Kumagai, one of evacuees at the center, had taken her two children there immediately after the earthquake. She was then hit by the tsunami while checking on the safety of her elderly neighbors. Fortunately, she was swept to the second floor of a house where she waited in the cold and snow overnight. She was able to reach the center and be reunited with her children the following day.

At around 9pm on Monday March 14, communication was finally reestablished with another center in the same city; the Ishinomaki Culture Center, and it was discovered that the center was intact and providing shelter for those affected in the area. At 6am on March 15th, Soka Gakkai volunteers, led by Tohoku Regional Adviser Mr. Kuniaki Yamada, set off from Sendai City with relief aid for them, including food supplies. The first floor of the Ishinomaki Culture Center, which is situated about one and a half kilometers from the coast, had been completely flooded, and some 130 people were taking shelter on the second floor. Mr. Jiro Shimomura, who was on volunteer duty at the center at the time of the earthquake, had called out to those running down the street to evacuate to the center's upper floor.

Next Mr. Yamada headed to Onagawa town, on the other side of the peninsula. Onagawa, located in a cove, was severely damaged by the tsunami, which reached about 10 meters in height. There the members delivered relief materials in other places providing shelter such as local nursery schools and civic halls.

At 7:30 pm on March 13, six Soka Gakkai youth members driving two trucks carrying relief supplies from the Soka Gakkai Hokkaido Culture Center in Sapporo city, Hokkaido, departed for the Soka Gakkai Iwate Culture Center. Taking a ferry from Hakodate, after numerous obstacles they finally reached the Iwate Culture Center around 6 pm on March 14.

Soka Gakkai Youth Division members in Hokkaido load relief materials into a truck headed for Iwate Prefecture (March 13)

[Adapted from an article in the March 16, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, Soka Gakkai, Japan; photos courtesy of Seikyo Shimbun]

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Soka Gakkai Continues Relief Efforts in Japan

Soka Gakkai Continues Relief Efforts in Japan

March 16 is a symbolic day for Soka Gakkai and SGI members, as it commemorates Kosen-rufu Day--a day when individuals deepen their vow to work for the sake of world peace and the happiness and well-being of all humanity.

In this spirit, SGI members throughout the world are currently holding special prayer meetings for the speedy and complete recovery of all those affected by the Tohoku-Kanto Earthquake that hit the northeastern coast of Japan on March 11.

On March 16, in response to the continuing relief efforts in Japan, and to commemorate Kosen-rufu Day, SGI President Daisaku Ikeda sent a message to Soka Gakkai and SGI members around the world which was carried in the Soka Gakkai's organ newspaper, the Seikyo Shimbun. In it, Mr. Ikeda quoted Nichiren's words that "even if we should meet with disasters and calamities, they cannot destroy our hearts." He stressed that nothing can destroy the "treasures of the heart," and encouraged everyone to maintain hope. He sent his deepest condolences to the victims and families of those affected by the disaster and also thanked all those aiding in relief efforts:

I wish to deeply thank those of you who are selflessly devoting yourselves to the rescue and relief efforts in the stricken areas. I also truly appreciate those of you who are supporting your communities as solid and reliable pillars during this difficult time.

I will post this message in my next post

Members housed at the Tagajo City Civic Hall (March 15)
Relief efforts continue six days after the earthquake. Aware that people in the affected regions are suffering from shortages of food, water and fuel, as well as a lack of information and freezing weather conditions, Soka Gakkai leaders are making their utmost efforts to visit the various Soka Gakkai centers being used as shelters to encourage people, in an effort to help restore hope.

In Tagajo City near Sendai in Miyagi Prefecture, a fire from the petroleum gas plant facing the port has been burning for several days. Approximately 100 people are still unaccounted for in this area. Ms. Shizue Chida, regional women's leader of Soka Gakkai in Tohoku, visited the Soka Gakkai Tagajo Culture Center to encourage the people taking shelter there.

At the Tagajo Culture Center, Ms. Mitsuko Iwabuchi, one of the local Soka Gakkai women's members, has been supported other victims despite not being able to locate her own mother.

Another member, Ms. Toki Suzuki, showed a list of her friends' names which she saved when she escaped from the earthquake. She is offering heartfelt prayers for the safety of each one of them.

Arahama, in the coastal area of Sendai City, was heavily struck by tsunamis and suffered severe destruction. The members of Shichigo District, which includes the Arahama area, have been working hard as volunteers, despite being affected themselves too. The members of the district gathered at the Soka Gakkai Wakabayashi Peace Center, where they have been taking shelter, and held a discussion meeting commemorating March 16, Kosen-rufu Day.

Participants shared their determinations, saying "Through this Buddhism, we have learned the spirit of compassion to help others no matter how hard the situation may be," and "Now is the time for us all to stand up courageously and respond to the encouragement we have received from SGI President Ikeda and SGI members around the world."

Coastal areas of the central Kanto area which includes Tokyo was also struck by tsunamis. Some 500 houses were completely or partially destroyed in Asahi City in Chiba Prefecture to the east of Tokyo. The Soka Gakkai Asahi Culture Center has been opened as a shelter for local people. Local youth members have also been working as volunteers to support those in the affected area. Mr. Katsuhiko Soma, the leader of Chiba Region 1 and Mr. Hiroaki Kashiwagi, Ikeda region leader visited places damaged by the tsunami to offer encouragement to local Soka Gakkai members and their families.

Ms. Taeko Sano, women's division chapter leader of Iioka chapter, in the area which suffered the worst damage, says "We could feel all your encouragement. With unshakeable faith, we will never be defeated."

[Adapted from an article in the March 17, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, Soka Gakkai, Japan; photos courtesy of Seikyo Shimbun]

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"Never Be Defeated! Have Courage! Have Hope!" President Ikeda's Message 3/16/2011

"Never Be Defeated! Have Courage! Have Hope!" President Ikeda's Message 3/16/2011

I offer my sincerest condolences to those of you who have been affected by the devastating earthquake and tsunamis that struck northeastern Japan five days ago (March 11, 2011) and have left many people still missing and unaccounted for. I can only imagine the fatigue and exhaustion you must be suffering. My wife and I, along
with the members throughout Japan and the world, are sending daimoku to you with all our hearts, earnestly praying for your health and well-being and that all Buddhas and bodhisattvas—the positive forces of the universe—will rigorously protect you.

I wish to deeply thank those of you who are selflessly devoting yourselves to the rescue and relief efforts in the stricken areas. I also truly appreciate those of you who are supporting your communities as solid and reliable pillars during this difficult time.
Takuboku Ishikawa (1886–1912), a renowned, youthful poet who hailed from Tohoku, the northeastern region of Japan, declared: “Helping one person is a far greater achievement than becoming the ruler of a country.”

Nichiren Daishonin writes that even if we should meet with disasters and calamities, they cannot destroy our hearts (cf. WND-2, 135). Nothing can destroy the treasures of the heart. Every adversity is but a trial for us to overcome so that we can attain eternal happiness. The Daishonin’s Buddhism, our practice of faith in the
Mystic Law, enables us to transform all poison into medicine without fail.

I, therefore, express my deepest respect and gratitude to all of you.
I am offering solemn prayers for all your loved ones—family members and friends—who have lost their lives. This disaster is truly heartbreaking. Life, however, is eternal, and through chanting daimoku, we can transcend life and death to connect with the lives of those who have passed away. Your deceased loved ones and friends, who through you share a profound connection with the Mystic Law, will definitely be enfolded in the embrace of the heavenly deities, attain Buddhahood, and be reborn quickly somewhere close to you. This is an essential teaching of the Daishonin’s Buddhism.

During the Daishonin’s lifetime as well, what was known as the great earthquake of the Shoka era (August 1257) caused unprecedented damage. Grieved by the pain and suffering of the people and amid great persecutions, the Daishonin embarked on writing his treatise, “On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land,”
thereby raising the banner of peace and justice for all humankind. He assures us: “When great evil occurs, great good follows” (WND-1, 1119).

Today, March 16, is the day that my mentor, second Soka Gakkai president Josei Toda, entrusted his youthful successors with carrying on the work of kosen-rufu in order to eradicate misery from the face of the earth. Now, let us triumphantly overcome this great disaster by further strengthening our vow for kosen-rufu while wholeheartedly supporting and encouraging each other.

I am fervently praying and calling out to each of you: “Never be defeated! Have courage! Have hope!”
(Translated from the March 16, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, the Soka Gakkai daily newspaper)

This message was read last night at the March 16th Meeting in the city. What a power and moving message filled with Great Guidance for all. I hope you enjoyed this message as much as I did.

AfroSheep

All this chanting for everyone in the world atm is great, but apprently im not getting any good karma my way,
Just got fired today for a fuckall reason, "last in first out", because the shops not going well enough, they make plenty of money to pay my wages the assholes, not sure why the fuck they gave me the flick,

ah well shit happens i guess, time to find a new job, who knows how long that could take, would need to flush my system or find a job without a drug test.

Extra chanting for myself tonight i think.
god i hate ignorant rich bosses, who send their minions to fire ya!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Congrats Afro, they did you a favor. The devil of the sixth heaven takes many forms and does anything to try and deter us from practicing this Buddhism. Don't ever let any defeat you again, now that you chant. Your life is the Buddha when you chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! and with this in mind please turn this poison into medicine and tell us all about it.

I got faith that when we embrace the Gohonzon and chant with firm faith that we will make the causes we need to attain the victories and outcomes we seek, there is nothing that can stop us from manifesting that reality.

The trick is, from what I've learned according Nichiren Daishonin, is to keep this faith steadfast for the rest of our lives. There is nothing that a badass Buddha like us can do. As a chanting grower we grow because we want to you and never stop growing (inside and outside).

When I feel discouraged I start reading the thread around pages 190-290 and then take it from there. Sometimes I go into the 300-450 range and also find superb encouragement.

This thread is a tool to help us find references that are truly invaluable. All these treasures are already within our heart, but with study, vigorous chanting and strong action the thread helps us reinforce our unlimited potential's continuously beneficial manifestations in our life.

Let's keep fighting and becoming happier together!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

You automatically came to the correct conclusion in my opinion :)

You automatically came to the correct conclusion in my opinion :)

Extra chanting for myself tonight.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Same here! Thanks for the inspiration!:gday:

AfroSheep

Yeh i think they have done me good by firing me, maybe its a coincidence so i can move onto bigger and better adventures.

It could be the wake up call i need to find a job i really love doing, too bad ive still got bills to pay and a system full of thc so gotta find this new dream job fast :D haha.

I will figure it all out, till then plenting of chants and good will happen.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

sLai*kRoLa

Greetings, chanting growers!

The fifth precept says: "do not take intoxicant". Buddhism emphasises wisdom and taking intoxicant will descend and lose the seed of wisdom.

How do you feel about that?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
conversely rice can make food or saki, the base is the same but the results after it is processed are far different

there are two aspects to this precept

a) the effect of the world on your internal balance

b) the effect of your behavior has on others

and there are facets of relativity

a) your body chemistry

b) your place upon the path of enlightenment

almost all dogmas take issue with using something external to reach the ultimate enlightenment since the macrocosm is only reached through the gateway of our own microcosm

HOWEVER i dont believe this to be true

i think that we will come to learn that many of the mental infirmaries that keep many of us on the 3 evil paths can be treated with cannabis and that the resulting treatment not only is restorative in manners of physical health but it also causes us to cultivate our conscience, that it is indeed earth's way of planting the seed of the bodhisattva within those that would have it, and that the awakening of the bodhisattva in us all will bring rise to the cumulative spirit of one understanding umong us all

i think this is why some old school hippies used to call pot "buddha"

Status
Not open for further replies.