What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Welcome Dr. Kong!............. My friend, you couldn't have spoken truer words. Coming here has changed my life.........it's incredible how this process takes place.........here on our chanting thread.

Yesterday, from ALL the recent posts, my mind has been swirling, swimmimg, and brimming.

Scegy, you are blowing me away! On the devils in my mind, I've been chanting them away to a place where they have to sit down and relax so I can have piece of mind.

Everyones honesty is so far reaching these last few days that it keeps breaking through limitations I could never have imagined!

Easy,.... T and SoCal's posts are like armour against our devils and their protection alone gives us time to heal in an innocence that echoes long after the devils have gone to lunch.

In other words I've been chanting my butt off for everyone..........how can I not?

Love you brothers and sisters!......Desi :wave:

Last edited:

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Words of Wisdom by Daisaku Ikeda

"Buddhism teaches that a single day of life is worth more than all the
treasures of the universe."

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam (devote; draw forth; invoke; worship; respect as ultimate.)

Myo (Hidden, Strange, Mystic, Veiled, of Death, spiritual, non-physical)

Ho (Manifest, Daily Life, Mundane, Apparent, of the Living, secular,
physical.)

Renge (Lotus, Flower and Seed together, Simultaneity of Cause and effect
[Internal Cause and Latent Effect], Growing in Darkness and Dirt, through
increasingly pure water to flower in sunlight. The lotus has had 3,000 year
old seed germinate, the oldest seed to have germinated known to man.
dependant origination- oneness of cause and effect.)

Kyo (Teaching, sound, vibration, thread or link of life and death, oneness of
self and the [infinite eternal] environment, mind and body and past present
and future.}

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Life is the most precious of all treasures. Even one extra day of life
is worth more than ten million ryo of gold. The Lotus Sutra surpasses
all the other sacred teachings of the Buddha's lifetime because of
the "Life Span" chapter. The greatest prince in the land of Jambudvipa
would be of less consequence than a blade of grass if he died in
childhood. If he died young, even a person whose wisdom shone as
brilliantly as the sun would be less than a living dog. So you must
hasten to accumulate the treasure of faith and quickly conquer your
illness.

(WND, 955)
On Prolonging One's Life Span
Written to the lay nun Myojo in 1279

SoCal Hippy

Veteran

"Live in a way that is full of life… for yourself, for your loved
ones, for your friends. People who do so will find the courage to
transform sufferings into hopes. Not only that, but they will be able
to light the lamp of hope in the hearts of many others, as well."

"Human life is indeed wondrous. You may be ill physically, but as long
as your mental state is strong, it most certainly will exert a
positive influence on your body. There may be no better remedy than
hope."

"No matter how healthy, intelligent or affluent we may be, if our minds
are weak, then our happiness will also be frail and brittle. Our minds
of faith, moreover, enable us to bring out the full potential in all
things and situations, so it is crucial that we strive to forge our
minds of faith."

Words of Wisdom by Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My feelings on the subject of desire

My feelings on the subject of desire

Ever since I started chanting 35 years ago, I have wondered about, and contemplated upon, desire. As far as sex is concerned, I think the truth comes to light only after you’ve been able to get your rocks off in as many ways as you really needed to (that is not necessarily the same as wanted to). I am not sure there is a correlation between the decline in testosterone production due to age and the ascension of wisdom, but it seems there may be one.

None the less, that doesn’t keep me from being one of the horniest people I know. I have been extremely cavalier and almost suicidal in my quest for satisfaction. Ask SoCal. I am not exaggerating. It cost me three marriages. It cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars. It cost me trust and leadership positions within the SGI organization.

And after all of that life experience, I finally realized a few years back that sex is like food. I have had the good fortune to lead the good life most of my adult life. The Gohonzon’s fortune bestowed upon me over the many years of my practice, allowed me to consume many a fine meal in many, many wonderful restaurants.

No matter how delicious the meal was or how satisfied and full I was, my hunger always returned. So was my hunger ever really satisfied? What was satisfied? Was it access? Was it consumption? Was it quality? Was it quantity?

Seeking satisfaction, it seemed, was delusional, since the satisfaction could never be satisfied to the point that it was satisfied and that as such, since all things are in a constant state of change, satisfaction was guaranteed to never occur to the degree that I was satisfied.

So, now I am satisfied with my sex life. Completely. I see the truth that the devil within obscured from me—that I could have it all if I lived honestly. Living honestly doesn’t mean blurting out of your mouth every sexual impulse that you have. It means trusting the Gohonzon to show the way to the happiness that you seek and by chanting the necessary amount of Daimoku to resolve these issues.

If you trust the Gohonzon, and continue without despair or worry over the desired result, you cannot fail to find sexual happiness without karmic tether.

As far as I'm concerned, that's a promise!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By the way, the fact that Bonzo hasn't posted yet on this page is not a good sign. Hey Bonz! Keep the wheel out of the ditch!

Where are you?

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 681) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, May 6th, 2008

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Heard from bonz last night, He's on top of it! Bonz and I are connected, I'm sure ...

Heard from bonz last night, He's on top of it! Bonz and I are connected, I'm sure ...

Bonz(MyohoDisco) is doing better today!!!! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! Lets all go Thank Gohonzon!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Why, then, should there be no cause for regret in laying down one's life for the Lotus Sutra? Regarding this, the Daishonin says: 'Think of this offering as a drop of dew rejoining the ocean, or a speck of dust returning to the earth' (WND-1, 1003). From the standpoint of eternity, our present existence is as fleeting as dew. And, compared to the colossal scale of the universe, our lives are as tiny as specks of dust. However, by solidly basing our lives on the Mystic Law--which is as vast as the ocean and as firm as the earth--we can establish an unshakable and boundless state of life that is at one with that all-encompassing Law. This is the Daishonin's message."

SGI Newsletter No. 7536, LEARNING FROM THE GOSHO: THE HOPE-FILLED WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN, [7] "The Dragon Gate" "My Wish Is That All My Disciples Make a Great Vow" -- Carrying On the Great Vow for the Happiness of All Humanity, translated April 30th, 2008

Hitman

HI DrKong, welcome.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Hold on and keep striving. It is difficult now for all of us and joyous too! Let's all be wise enough to take them both in stride. Tomorrow holds great things so we have to tap into them. Get through the muck to the treasure. Walk tall!

Bonzo

Veteran
Easy my brotha, heavy shit eh? he he he!!!

but in some strange way it does'nt surprise me!

Im here BIG HOMIE, drew a tear when you were lookin out for me but i know your Allways lookin out for me!

I just want us all to be lookin out for oneanother ALL THE TIME, cause were all brothers in this quest to be the best we can be, is that crazy, is it wrong am i singin the wrong song?

I feel so much power in here right now its allmost hard to post up? But this is what its all about to shout Nam myo renge kyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all of ya ...............from the very bottom of my lil ole heart!!!!!!!!!!!

peace my friends!!!!

and remember we can do WHATEVER we set our minds to.,,,,,,,,,,,,,with lots of Daimoku!!!! Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
Morning BIG HOMIE :)

Please excuse me for not extending my welcome to Dr!

bONZ :bashhead:

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Why, then, should there be no cause for regret in laying down one's life for the Lotus Sutra? Regarding this, the Daishonin says: 'Think of this offering as a drop of dew rejoining the ocean, or a speck of dust returning to the earth' (WND-1, 1003). From the standpoint of eternity, our present existence is as fleeting as dew. And, compared to the colossal scale of the universe, our lives are as tiny as specks of dust. However, by solidly basing our lives on the Mystic Law--which is as vast as the ocean and as firm as the earth--we can establish an unshakable and boundless state of life that is at one with that all-encompassing Law. This is the Daishonin's message."

SGI Newsletter No. 7536, LEARNING FROM THE GOSHO: THE HOPE-FILLED WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN, [7] "The Dragon Gate" "My Wish Is That All My Disciples Make a Great Vow" -- Carrying On the Great Vow for the Happiness of All Humanity, translated April 30th, 2008

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Welcome (back) Doc!

Welcome (back) Doc!

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Even the darkness becomes bright when a lantern is lit, and even muddy water becomes clear when the moon shines on it. Can anything exceed the sun and the moon in brightness? Can anything surpass the lotus flower in purity? The Lotus Sutra is the sun and moon and the lotus flower. Therefore, it is called the Lotus Sutra of the Wonderful Law. Nichiren, too, is like the sun and moon and the lotus flower. If the water of your faith is clear, the moon of blessings will surely cast its reflection on it and protect you.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 186
Easy Delivery of a Fortune Child
Written to Nichigen-nyo on May 8, 1271

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Be diligent in developing your faith until the last moment of your
life. Otherwise you will have regrets. For example, the journey from
Kamakura to Kyoto takes twelve days. If you travel for eleven but stop
with only one day remaining, how can you admire the moon over the
capital?

(WND, 1027)
Letter to Niike