What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for all your chants!! it worked, we are ok and all is good :D
you guys know how to kick ass!! hehe way to go, thanks again everyone!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

This is from "Buddhist Learning for April. Lectures on the Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life.
SGI President Ikeda's Study Lecture Series. (12). Earthly Desires Are Enlightenment and The Sufferings of Birth and Death are Nirvana. Transforming Illusion and Suffering Into Confidence, Joy, and Hope." In Living Buddhism, March/April 2008, page 65.

The beneficial power of the Mystic Law is immeasurable. If we continue to practice correctly just as Nichiren Daishonin teaches, we can achieve the supreme state of attaining Buddhahood in this present, irreplaceable lifetime. In the final passage of "The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life," Nichiren clarifies the key to correct faith for inheriting the Law and calls on us to lead truly unsurpassed lives.

Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

hi everyone,

i'm over the bad flu/bronchitis, whatever it was that slowed me down. Been having a hard time coping with not going to school everynight, my body wants to keep going and finish and I'm supposed to take this week off for spring break and it sux.

I might be emotionally feeling wacky but I'm chanting and doing shakubuku. I guess that makes it easier to deal with these weird feelings. I'm such a hyper dude I need to get some more stability (internally) from chanting everyday. Rome wasn't built in a day and I have yet to even complete 1% of my human revolution but I continue to respond to Nichiren and go forward. Sometimes I have no idea what the fuck it is that I want in life and other times I want it all and some, I guess something good is on the way? lol, thanks for listening.

Hope everyone is hanging tough and fighting the best they can to force the outcomes they're looking for.

Take care,
MyohoDisco

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin

Thursday, March 27, 2008

You also are a practitioner of the Lotus Sutra, and your faith is like the waxing moon or the rising tide. Be deeply convinced, then, that your illness cannot possibly persist, and that your life cannot fail to be extended! Take care of yourself, and do not burden your mind with grief.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 656
The Bow and Arrow
Written to the lay nun Toki on March 27, 1276

E

EasyMyohoDisco

goddamn it, did someone die? I have been feeling terrible all day, depression hit me like a rude awakening! WTF, everything was going well and all of a sudden I'm feeling like I'm falling apart, and feeling defeated. What the hell is going on?

Only difference has been I've been smoking pot but honestly today I wake up and start feeling shit I was feel around this time two years ago. Yesterday was my second buddha birthday and today I've been miserable. I felt so bad I just kept my head down all day, everyone noticed which made it worse but I survived to talk about it a little bit I guess. what am I missing, what a flipping day!!!

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, March 27, 2008

While controlling your mind, which is at once both extremely subtle and solemnly profound, you should strive to elevate your faith with freshness and vigor. When you do so, both your life and your surroundings will open wide before you and every action you take will become a source of benefit. Understanding the subtle workings of one's mind is the key to faith and attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime.

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, March 27, 2008

By changing our inner state of mind, we can change any suffering or hardship into a source of joy, regarding it as a means for forging and developing our lives. To turn even sorrow into a source of creativity— this is the way of life of a Buddhist.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Thursday, March 27, 2008

You also are a practitioner of the Lotus Sutra, and your faith is like the waxing moon or the rising tide. Be deeply convinced, then, that your illness cannot possibly persist, and that your life cannot fail to be extended! Take care of yourself, and do not burden your mind with grief.

The Bow and Arrow

Hitman

Easy Does It!

Easy Does It!

EasyMyohoDisco said:
goddamn it, did someone die? I have been feeling terrible all day, depression hit me like a rude awakening! WTF, everything was going well and all of a sudden I'm feeling like I'm falling apart, and feeling defeated. What the hell is going on?

Only difference has been I've been smoking pot but honestly today I wake up and start feeling shit I was feel around this time two years ago. Yesterday was my second buddha birthday and today I've been miserable. I felt so bad I just kept my head down all day, everyone noticed which made it worse but I survived to talk about it a little bit I guess. what am I missing, what a flipping day!!!

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, March 27, 2008

While controlling your mind, which is at once both extremely subtle and solemnly profound, you should strive to elevate your faith with freshness and vigor. When you do so, both your life and your surroundings will open wide before you and every action you take will become a source of benefit. Understanding the subtle workings of one's mind is the key to faith and attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime.

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, March 27, 2008

By changing our inner state of mind, we can change any suffering or hardship into a source of joy, regarding it as a means for forging and developing our lives. To turn even sorrow into a source of creativity— this is the way of life of a Buddhist.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Bow and Arrow

Sounds like some really good, mountain- moving , earth shaking goodness is coming your way. You've got the biggest balls of them all! Keep up the greatness! Three cheers for Easy Does it. Doin' it Easy!

Hi everyone. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

G

I'm reminded of this famous quote almost everyday.
"Not until the hells are emptied will I become a Buddha; Not until all beings are saved will I certify to Bodhi." ~Ksitigarbha

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Two years with Gohonzon going for eternity....

Two years with Gohonzon going for eternity....

Hitman, thanks for the encouragement, it sures means alot coming from you. Silverback Gorilla thanks for the advice, I sure do need more peace in my life thats for damn sure! Bajasauce (I got a Baja Fresh taco place nearby and next time I go there I'll taste your namesake sauce) nice quote -

When we chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! we reveal that Buddha that is us, within us. It comes out and it is so not easy to keep chanting everyday but Buddhahood lies in continuing faith, so we keep going. Boy oh boy is this world about ENDURANCE or what? I've endured alot, I'm sure so have the rest of us here but where and when does it end? If ever? Hahahaha, I guess these obstacles are hardening me up for something big like Hitman is saying, I know it feels like a huge struggle sometimes just to keep going forward but I confess that whereas I thought I had a weak faint heart, chanting for two years has proven otherwise.

2 Years after recieving Gohonzon from this thread, I'm a new man and its still mighty scary sometimes but I truly relish the new oppurtunities I'm making and all the people I've helped plant a seed of this Buddhism with. Telling others and showing others how this practice works really helps alot, it makes it real or more real than the words you read on this thread. I kept that up even yesterday while on the brink of a mental breakdown, and I can standup today and say "I'm not gonna be defeated by myself today, I'm gonna conquer my internal vibes and force the outcomes I want!"

Thanks again for the continued support amigos!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wooooooop Great post Easy !!! So happy for your two years with Gohonzon. Has too be the best two years ever!!!! Makes me so happy to see my shakabuku move forward in the SGI and become such a leader. What a wonderful treasure tower we build :) Congrats on your internal revolution Easy .... so happy for you and all the people you contact daily. Lets move forward and continue to shakabuku each in his own way , but yet all working towards the same goal of Kosen Rufu :) woooooop thanks for being here Easy .
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

:wave:
Greetings all! I just wanted to take a moment to thank Easy for sharing so much of his journey on here with such vulnerability and honesty and that this is an open forum to do so and he is received with so much heartfelt love and encouragement. You are truly blessed and protected Easy.
We live this life in a human form and will continue to do so until we die. And yes you can say that there was a death; a death of old stuff that is coming up for you. It was no surprise to me that you got sick after making such a huge cause in being MC and putting so much effort for the March 16th meeting. Then all this inside stuff comes up too; so we can look at it directly with no excuses, no platitudes just our shit. What makes the difference is that you now have the sword to cut through that shit much quicker and with more accuracy. Sword? Yes the sword of NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO. Stuff is still going to come up; its just a matter of letting it run through us like a flu or letting it rule us and make our choices and decisions for us; which is really us making those choices in those lower four worlds. Don't slander yourself or beat yourself up for how your are FEELING this is a great benefit although it doesn't feel like it and believe me I can truly relate as I think can everyone on this thread and beyond. It is through these experiences then we can relate to others and do shakubuku. This is why you are a great leader and will be even a better one in the future. That's why Pres. Ikeda is a great mentor because he doesn't and has never put up a fasade(sp)he has always spoke from the heart and has expressed his struggles but has always backed it up with his faith. Keep keeping it real!
Take it Easy lol~

With Much Daimoku and BLESSINGS to all~
Georgialouwho :rasta:

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Yall got me pumped up! I'm gonna do SGI activities today and tomorrow to balance my actions and align them with my thoughts/sentiment! Yall are pure rocket fuel, we're gonna win, count on it! Thank you so much!!

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Now, if you wish to attain Buddhahood, you have only to lower the banner of your arrogance, cast aside the staff of your anger, and devote yourself exclusively to the one vehicle of the Lotus Sutra. Worldly fame and profit are mere baubles of your present existence, and arrogance and prejudice are ties that will fetter you in a next one. Ah, you should be ashamed of them! And you should fear them, too!",.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 58
Questions and Answers about Embracing the Lotus Sutra
Recipient unknown; writen in March 1263

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Our local group is doing a 3 hour toso this morning at 730 am our time. I hope you will all join us in chanting Daimoku :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is from "Buddhist Learning for April. Lectures on the Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life.
SGI President Ikeda's Study Lecture Series. (12). Earthly Desires Are Enlightenment and The Sufferings of Birth and Death are Nirvana. Transforming Illusion and Suffering Into Confidence, Joy, and Hope." In Living Buddhism, March/April 2008, page 65.

Self transformation--this is the main theme of Buddhism. Nichiren Buddhisn is a teaching that actually transforms lives. Everything starts with us, with our own human revolution. This forms the basic underpinning of Nichiren Buddhism and the activities of the Soka Gakkai.

Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

My battle cry is: Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

My battle cry is: Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

i'm battling despite the evil function against me (myself), gonna really make it happen and just end up victorious! I'm a goddamn fighter and with two years of chanting under my belt and 5 more to go til Lucky #7, I gonna keep cutting the fat and going forward!

Who's with me? I know Babba is!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This teaching was not propagated in the Former or Middle Day of the Law because the other sutras had not yet lost their power of benefit. Now, in the Latter Day of the Law, neither the Lotus Sutra nor the other sutras lead to enlightenment. Only Nam-myoho-renge-kyo can do so. This is not my own judgment. Shakyamuni, Many Treasures, the Buddhas of the ten directions, and the bodhisattvas who emerged from the earth as numerous as the dust particles of a thousand worlds have so determined it.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 903
The Teaching for the Latter Day
Written to Nonjo Tokimitsu on April 1, 1278

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----

"Attaining Buddhahood in one's present form is not about acquiring some
kind of special, superhuman qualities, but rather it means achieving as
ordinary human beings an eternal and boundless state of life characterised by
the virtues of eternity, happiness, true self, and purity.

"The benefits and blessings of the Mystic Law are immeasurable. All life--no
matter in which of the Ten Worlds it may reside--is originally an entity of
the Mystic Law. Therefore, even if at present we are in a state of Hell, by
changing our mind-set or focus at that moment, we can immediately manifest
our pure and highest state of life as entities of the Mystic Law. This is
what it means to attain Buddhahood in one's present form."

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

my birthday wish is that all of you never give up and end up on top in whatever it is your facing.

Yesterday was the anniversary of President Toda's passing.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

If one doubts the strength of the Buddha when he says, "I am the only person who can rescue and protect others"; if one is suspicious of the rope held out by the Lotus Sutra when its teachings declare that one can "gain entrance though faith alone"; if one fails to chant the Mystic Law which guarantees that "such a person assuredly and without doubt [will attain the Buddha way]," then the Buddha's power cannot reach one, and it will be impossible to scale the embankment of enlightenment.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 59
Questions and Answers about Embracing the Lotus Sutra
Recipient unknown; written in March 1263

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Friday, April 4, 2008

Each of you should summon up the courage of a lion king and never succumb to threats from anyone. The lion king fears no other beast, nor do its cubs. Slanderers are like barking foxes, but Nichiren's followers are like roaring lions.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 997
On Persecutions Befalling the Sage
Written to all folowers (and entrusted to shijo Kingo) on October 1, 1279

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SGI President Ikeda's Study Lecture Series. (12). Earthly Desires Are Enlightenment and The Sufferings of Birth and Death are Nirvana. Transforming Illusion and Suffering Into Confidence, Joy, and Hope." In Living Buddhism, March/April 2008, page 70, 71. Have a fabulous day.

What, then, does it mean to regard earthly desires and the sufferings of birth and death as inseparable from enlightenment and nirvana? In a writing titled "What It Means to Hear the Buddha Vehicle for the First Time," addressed to his lay disciple Toki Jonin, Nichiren says that the essence of ordinary people practicing the Lotus Sutra is found in the concept of the "seeds of opposites" (WND-2, 741). The "seeds of opposites" means that that which is the opposite of the effect, or fruit, of attaining Buddhahood--namely, earthly desires and the sufferings of birth and death--becomes the cause, or seed, for attaining Buddhahood.....

It seems likely that Nichiren emphasized the "seeds of opposites" because he realized, if people were to have genuine hope in life, it was vital for them to have a view of causality that offers the possibility of good coming out of evil--the possibility that something negative can be transformed into something positive.

Nam Myohoh Renge Kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.