What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman

I'm getting tired of this I want to chant with you all! Let's meet. I won't even bring any smoke on my trip......because I know you'll all have plenty. But seriously though, can't we organize a way we can chant together? I'm not telling anyone that I'm Hitman you'll just know by the smoking bowl and the way your bags will shrink. :-Y, Aw man, I just made my first emoticon, it's a person blowing smoke or maybe this asterisk could be a puff of smoke :-* or {:^# could be stoned.
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey hey hitman :) great to see ya!! Im on the west coast. You know the left side of the big place on the map. Ive met and smoked with lots of icers. Chanted with a few also :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo !!

Hitman

That my dear Bubbabud, would be fabulous! I got to head over there on my way to Japan. I'll have to do a lot of chanting to obtain the fortune!

Great to see you, too!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

This is from President Ikeda's Words of Wisdom.

The human spirit is the strongest force there is. As long as our spirit remains unbroken, there is no defeat. In life, spiritual defeat always precedes actual defeat. Guard against laziness, cowardice, carelessness, impatience, resignation and despair which corrode the human spirit and sow the seeds of defeat.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo !!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oneness of Body and Mind

Oneness of Body and Mind

Materialists claim that the physical or material world which can be measured and touched is the only "reality," whereas some spiritual traditions see the physical as mere illusion--or something inherently corrupt which exists in order to be transcended, and the spiritual as the ultimate truth.

Buddhism regards life as the unity of the physical and the spiritual. It views all things, whether material or spiritual, seen or unseen, as manifestations of the same ultimate universal law or source of life defined in the Nichiren tradition as Myoho-renge-kyo. The physical and spiritual aspects of our lives are completely inseparable and of equal importance. This is expressed in the Japanese expression shikishin funi. Shiki refers to all matter and physical phenomena, including the human body. Shin refers to all spiritual, unseen phenomena, including reason, emotion and volition. Funi literally means "two but not two."

Nichiren expressed this in a letter to one of his followers, stating:

A person can know another's mind by listening to his voice. This is because the physical aspect reveals the spiritual aspect. The physical and the spiritual, which are one in essence, manifest themselves as two distinct aspects.

A person's inner emotional state will be revealed in his or her physical appearance. The feelings of someone in a happy and optimistic mood can be read in their face; there may even be a skip in their step. In contrast, the painful gait and drawn features of a person weighed down by suffering can communicate his or her inner torment even from a distance.

Our inner mental state also affects the physical functioning of our bodies. The most dramatic manifestations of this are laughter and tears, physical signs of our inner feelings. Mental or psychological stress has been linked to a range of illness from skin disorders, allergies, asthma and ulcers to cancer. Depression and hopelessness lower the body's resistance, making us vulnerable to a variety of afflictions. On the other hand, a positive determination to overcome illness can "inspire" our organs and even individual cells toward health.

As Daisaku Ikeda writes, "When our determination changes, everything will begin to move in the direction we desire. The moment we resolve to be victorious, every nerve and fiber in our being will immediately orient itself toward our success. On the other hand, if we think, 'This is never going to work out,' then at that instant, every cell in our being will be deflated and give up the fight."

True health and genuine happiness must encompass both the physical and the spiritual. Many of the experiences of SGI members relate to improved health, physical or material conditions. Through the practice of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, they also realize the inseparability of the spiritual and physical aspects of their lives. Over time this is revealed in both a feeling of physical well-being and a growing clarity and purity of the mental and perceptive processes. What are referred to as the "conspicuous benefits" of Buddhist practice relate primarily to the physical and material planes. Most crucial in the long term are the "inconspicuous benefits" of sustained Buddhist practice--increased self-awareness, wisdom and compassion for others. The ultimate inconspicuous benefit, of course, is enlightenment.

Buddhism views a living being as the harmonious coming together of what it terms the "five components." These are: the physical aspects of life and the senses; perception, which integrates the impressions received through the senses; conception, by which we form ideas about what we have perceived; volition, the will that acts on conception; and consciousness, the function of discernment that supports the functioning of the other components. Life is the force or energy that keeps these five components functioning together as a harmonious and integrated whole.

Modern medical science is only beginning to explore the subtle interconnections between body and mind, between the physical and spiritual aspects of life. Ultimately, Buddhism views both physical and spiritual aspects as vital manifestations of the life force that is inherent in the cosmos itself. As Nichiren wrote:

Life at each moment encompasses both body and spirit and both self and environment of all sentient beings in every condition of life, as well as non-sentient beings--plants, sky and earth, on down to the most minute particles of dust. Life at each moment permeates the universe and is revealed in all phenomena.

[ Courtesy April 1999 SGI Quarterly ]

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Truly recognizing the sanctity of life is the heart of Buddhism. Those who
believe in the Lotus Sutra, therefore, should strive to live out their
precious lives for as long as they can."

"What is it that will open up the doors of our friends' hearts?
It is our utmost sincerity,
our unwavering confidence and conviction,
and our determined and courageous daimoku."

Daisaku Ikeda

Last edited:

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The wonderful means of truly putting an end to the physical and
spiritual obstacles of all living beings is none other than Nam-myoho-
renge-kyo.

(WND, 842)
The Wonderful Means of Surmounting Obstacles
Written to Shijo Kingo; date unknown

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"We must put down firm roots; we must be strong. Inner strength is a
prerequisite for happiness, a prerequisite for upholding justice and
one's beliefs. One of the Buddha's titles is "He Who Can Forbear." To
courageously endure, persevere and overcome all difficulties -- the
Buddha is the ultimate embodiment of the virtue of forbearance. The
power of faith gives us the strength to weather and survive any storm.
Perseverance is the essence of a Buddha."

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"How swiftly the days pass! It makes us realize how few are the years
we have left. Friends enjoy the cherry blossoms together on spring
mornings, and then they are gone, carried away like the blossoms by
the winds of impermanence, leaving nothing but their names."

from the Gosho: 'Letter to Niike'

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Vice President Takehisa Tsuji's guidance

Vice President Takehisa Tsuji's guidance

I was very fortunate to be able to attend in person a lecture given by SGI Vice President Takehisa Tsuji’s at a leader’s meeting at the World Culture Center, on April 1, 1981 in Los Angeles.

I just came across this transcript (pt 1)of that meeting and it brought back many great memories. Thought I would post it for others to enjoy.

It was given back before the SGI's "divorce" from Nichiren Shoshu. During the time this lecture was given, the SGI (or NSA as it was called then) was still under the thumb of Nichiren Shoshu but it was also a time when NSA had grown very strong and rapidly and the high priest was seemingly in the shadow of President Ikeda.

I believe Mr Tsuji is in his 80's retired in Japan.

Good evening, my name is Mr. Tsuji. In December, I had the great honor to accompany Nichiren Shoshu High Priest, Nikken Shonin, who traveled the United States. At that time, I was also fortunate to come to Los Angeles. However, because of my busy schedule, I was unable to meet with you. But this time, I am very fortunate to see all of you. At this time, reverend Miakawa, as the emissary to the high priest, Nikken Shonin, came to the United States, and I was once again fortunate to accompany him. I went to New York and Los Angeles. I am leaving for Japan tomorrow. So tonight, I have this wonderful opportunity to have a dialogue on faith for all of you to enjoy.

There isn’t a great deal of time, so I would like to talk a little about my long forty year practice under first president Makiguchi and second president Toda, as well as the third and fourth presidents of the Soka Gakkai. We all have the same Gohonzon and practice in the same way. However, we find some people receive tremendous benefits while nothing happens for some, and others find tremendous loss. What I would like to explain to you now is the Gohonzon. What is my relationship with the Gohonzon? How can I practice to receive benefit? I would like to talk about a number of things.

What is Myoho-renge-kyo? Nichiren Daishonin says Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is a phenomena found within the universe. Even in the sun there is Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. Even in the moon and stars. Even in the ocean and the mountains. And even, consequently, most certainly in the human being. Also, the work of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is found in trees, plants, and rocks. And, therefore, consequently, there is Nam-myoho-renge-kyo in dogs and cats too. The work of Myoho-renge-kyo is found in all phenomena of the universe.

To explain, one reason you can take notes right now is because there if light above you. The light is shinning from the ceiling. Because there is such a thing as the light bulb and electricity, it is possible to read and write even though it may be dark outside. As all of you know, the light bulb was invented by Thomas Edison. What did Edison realize? How did Edison come about to invent the light bulb? Because he understood the principle of electricity. So we can say that the shape of the light bulb is the character. Because you have a particular characteristic, it does something. What it does is that it lights up the whole room. It even lights up your face, the carpet, and every nook and cranny. This particular characteristic has a work called light. We can say that this phenomenon has all these things put together. And also, there is the theory of electrical waves. This particular phenomena, we can’t see, but there is a way to perceive it. If you turn on the switch to the radio or TV set, it appears. Because this particular law is functioning, you can see the picture on the set or hear words. This principle of electricity cannot be seen, yet applied to the television, you can see it. In the same way, there is a law of life. This principle of life you cannot see, yet, as in the above example, the principle takes shape and ca be seen. This is none other than the Gohonzon. Just as the light bulb illuminates and is powered by electricity, the Gohonzon shines like the light bulb, Just as the light bulb throughout the room, the Gohonzon shines throughout the universe.
We could talk about the universe, but let put this topic aside and talk about ourselves.

If we can understand ourselves, then we can understand the universe, for it is the same. Why this is so is because your life is the life of the universe as well. Therefore, if you can search into just one person, you can understand the universe. Nichiren Daishonin says that what is important is to be able see the workings of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo that is indeed inside yourself. As in the case of the light bulb or the TV set, all you have to do is turn on the switch and the light or image appears. As you chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the power of the universe wells up from inside yourself as if you were switching it on through the Gohonzon.

Whenever you see the beautiful flower blooming outside, whether it is a cherry blossom or a chrysanthemum, inside you we feel the beauty of the flower. The flower that is outside brings about its nature from within. The land of Hawaii is outside. Niagara Falls is also out there. But you might say the scene is outside, but the joy comes from within. When you look at the flower outside and enjoy it from within yourself, this is what we call viewing the flower And, when you go outside to view the beautiful scenery and you enjoy it from within, we call it sight-seeing. Records and pianos are out there, but we enjoy them within ourselves. Flowers and scenery are things that we see with our own eyes and the bring joy from within.

Mandolins, pianos, flutes, records are things that we hear with our ears and enjoy from within ourselves. When we have a culture festival, you see it all happening out there, but the enjoyment is found within ourselves. We enjoy it through our eyes and ears. In other words, in the same way, the Gohonzon that is outside brings joy inside ourselves. And, when we establish a relationship with the Gohonzon in front of us with our mouth, reciting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, that Nam-myoho-renge-kyo within ourselves, wells up. If you look at the Gohonzon and say to yourself that it’s “out there,” while chanting and telling yourself that by doing this that I’m going to get something, It’s like a beggar asking for something. Most likely, you’ll receive a benefit, but it’s just like somebody – a waiter for example, getting a small tip.

Nichiren Daishonin says; don’t look for the Gohonzon outside yourself. Rather, let it well up within yourself. Joy comes welling up from within – darkness also does the same. Moreover, when you get angry or hysterical, this also appears from within you too. Even when you feel sorry or sad about someone, this comes from within yourself. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo also wells up from within your life. But that Nam-myoho-renge-kyo which is all over or inside yourself is something hard to see. From the sutra you have just recited, it is explained that all which is close to you is hard to see, because it is inside yourself. Therefore, it is very important that when you take faith in the Gohonzon, to exert yourself to bring forth 100% of the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo within yourself. If you can really chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with the greatest joy, naturally, that Nam-myoho-renge-kyo will burst forth from within yourself. But, if you chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with the attitude that this is a waste of time, then very little Nam-myoho-renge-kyo will appear. And, if you go against it, you will only find loss. Naturally, if you can chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with the greatest of joy, then you will find Nam-myoho-renge-kyo bursting from within yourself. So, I hope you can see that when you feel the greatest of joy, that’s when you are going to be able to produce the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo of 100%.

When you chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to the Gohonzon, that Gohonzon in front of you and that Nam-myoho-renge-kyo within yourself, will unite in harmony. The Gohonzon that is outside yourself is Nam-myoho-renge-kyo from time without beginning. The Nam-myoho-renge-kyo that wells up from within you is also the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo from time without beginning. It is prayer to the Buddha which brings forth the Buddha that is within you. This is faith.

To be alive is your own responsibility. Although you are responsible for yourself, the sad thing is you can never see your own face. In order to see your own face, you place the mirror in front of you. You put the mirror out there, and you look at it. You are able, then, to see your own face. With that mirror, however, you cannot see your inner self. By placing the Gohonzon in front of you and chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to it, you are able to polish your inner self. This is what we call gongyo. Nichiren Daishonin says, morning and evening we should diligently polish ourselves. We can do this by no other means other than chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. Just as you use make-up and adjust your appearance on the outside with a mirror, you do gongyo to polish your insides. In this way, you’re working from both sides. This is what you call beauty that appears from practicing this teaching.

When we are able to bring forth Nam-myoho-renge-kyo that is within us, there are two things that it does. One is that if you’re able to bring forth the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo that is within yourself, you can correct any kind of sickness. In other words, it does the work of medicine. Normal medicine only works in one place. If you have a cold, you use a cold remedy. And, if your have a stomachache there is special medicine just for that. Whether you have a headache, cancer, or an asthmatic condition, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo corrects everything. The sutra which we recite states that not only is it a medicine, but it is a great medicine.

The other thing is that Nam-myoho-renge-kyo does when it appears within you is that it acts like a magnet. It becomes a magnet to call happiness. In the Gosho, it says that you will be able to call fortune from ten thousand miles afar. If you want money, you can call money. If you want a home, a home appears. And if you are unemployed, then you will be able to locate a new occupation, a new job. If you want to get married, you will find a partner. Anything you want, you can call so simply and easily by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. The more confidence and joy you have, the magnet will become stronger. So if you’re doing gongyo and feel this is the happiest moment of your life, then tremendous amount of benefit will come to you. But if you’re able to bring out this Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, you’re going to find even greater benefit. That benefit is that you come to realize that your life is eternal. And, you come to find as you bring out Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, great joy, when you are alive or awake, you find it even when you are dead. It says in the sutra, “ga raku ga jo,” which means, ‘I am happy, and always I am pure.’

When you chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, you are able to overcome past causes or past karma. Also, you can overcome all your present difficulties. You will find good fortune in the future as well. One thing we should really come to realize, as we are awake is that if you’re sick, you can overcome it. If you’re poor, you can make the magnet stronger and you can gain wealth. The benefit of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo when asleep is that you can really go to sleep and rest well. And when you die, you’re going to say, “Boy am I glad I’m dead!” Because of that, you’re going to find yourself born as a human being again, almost immediately. It is a promise that you will be able to be born as a human being and meet the Gohonzon again. It says you will also be born among the same members. What a joy in being able to meet your family again. You’re always going to find somebody who is going to say, “Gee, I don’t want to meet them again!” But, some of you may want to meet them again. It also says that if a person wants to be born a woman, they can do just that, and if a person wants to be born as a man, he or she can do just that too. If you wish to be born in a particular place , you can, indeed, be born any place you so desire. I’m sure there is no mistake in the sutra, and I’m sure there is no reason why Nichiren Daishonin has to lie. Therefore, if I do have a desire to be born in Los Angeles, then most certainly I will be born here. If you want to be born in Japan, you can be born in Japan. As for your family, if you wish to be reborn as husband and wife, you can do just that. You may even wish to change places. If that is so, you can even do that. In a Buddhist sutra the legend of a Bodhisattva was born together with his wife for 9 million ko (1 ko = 8 million years). If you want to be friends in the next life, you can do that.

When we are reborn, we take different roles, sometimes as husband, sometimes as wife, parents, children, brothers, sisters, and friends – this is how we appear. You have to remember the promise only holds since you embrace the Gohonzon. But if you do not practice, there is a good chance you could become the ocean, mountains, plants, trees, cats or dogs. If you’re born a cat, you’ll only be able to say “meow.” If you’re born a dog, you’ll only be able to say, “Bow wow.” A pig can only grunt. Therefore, it is important that you be born as a human being. But, even if you’re born as a human being and you do not meet the Gohonzon, this is a very sad thing. On the other hand, if you’re able to meet the Gohonzon, you are a most fortunate person. The mere fact that you’re able to meet the Gohonzon is because of Nichiren Daishonin. Also, because of the successive high priests who inscribe the Gohonzon, you are able to have the Gohonzon here in Los Angeles and are able to pray to it. Another thing that you must remember is the fact that you are born a human being is because of your parents. Also, because there is an organization called NSA, you have been able to meet the Gohonzon. Because of all these people and their consideration, you were able to pray to the Gohonzon today. For all of us, we must realize and show our appreciation as it says in the silent prayers. With appreciation, we should strive to achieve our objectives and world peace.

Naturally, the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo inside yourself and the Gohonzon in front of you, when they are tied together as one, there is an increase in this phenomenon. What happens is that you and the Gohonzon become one. When this happens, your whole body becomes the work of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. This is what is meant by the term “Kanno Myo.” Can you say it? This is not the Chinese Buddha Kannon. We have an electric charge within ourselves, and also on the outside there is an electric charge in thunder clouds. When these two come together we say that you’ve been electrocuted. In other words, if your electric charge hooks up with thunder, you’re dead! Between human beings the same phenomenon occurs. When two people get together, we say that they have fallen in love. But when the battery runs out, we see them fall apart. When we talk about this phenomenon, combining the two together, we can say that ourselves and the Gohonzon are one in the same.

The difference is that the Gohonzon in front of us has form. The Gohonzon inside us has no color or form, it only has its workings. What it has us the characteristics of a Buddha and does the work of the Buddha. Also, there is a world within ourselves which brings anger. This particular work comes out where…well, you can guess. When you have no money, then you have the characteristics of being poor. Because there is no color or form, you cannot see the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo that is within yourself. When you pray to the Gohonzon and chant, it ties together with the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo inside yourself and explodes. When this happens, the tip of your hair on top of your head down to the tip of your toenails, all becomes Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. At that time, your head becomes myo, your throat becomes ho, your chest becomes ren, your stomach becomes ge, and your legs become kyo. Nichiren Daishonin said that this five foot body becomes Myoho-renge-kyo. When our body becomes Myoho-renge-kyo, that is faith.

There was a person in Japan who had a headache for fifteen years and couldn’t overcome it. The person asked me how he could overcome his headache? I explained that because his thoughts were heretical, that’s why he had a headache. I told him, “You are a member of the Soka Gakkai, so there’s no reason why you should be practicing a heretical teaching.” A long time before, this person became a member, this person’s parents practiced the Shingon sect of Buddhism. The only reason this person was having such pains in the head was because of the heretical teachings they had practiced. This resulted in a residue which caused their problem. Without confidence and joy, your body cannot become Nam-myoho-renge-kyo in order to remove the residue. So I encouraged her to chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo for it to permeate her entire body. This person was a hair stylist. Because of this condition, she could only work ten days out of a month. She said that now that the headache is gone and she can work everyday.

In Tokyo, there was a men’s division member who developed throat cancer. I told him that the throat is full of Myoho-renge-kyo. I told him he should chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo in an effort to clean his throat. He was told that he had to have an operation, but chanted this way for twenty days. When he went back to the doctor’s office, there was nothing there.
There was another member who was really worried about breast cancer. I explained that her chest was ren of Myoho-renge-kyo. I told her to look at the Gohonzon enshrined in her butsudan and chant to bring out the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo from within herself, and, using the daimoku like a bulldozer, why don’t you just scrape that junk right off? Within one month, that woman was able to overcome cancer.

(to be cont'd)

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Thanks for some great reads today guys !!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

can someone tell me what the little book is called that contains the chants during "gongyo"? I'm ordering the Major Writing Of ND, as we speak, but I wanted to know if they sold the little book with the chants????

Thanks!!!

i think i ordered the correct one. I'm pretty excited to get into a solid routine. My uncle turned me on to chanting about 6 months ago. I just ordered The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin and English Sutra Book.

I was raised in a HARDCORE bible thumping chrisitian household. It was basically believe in jesus or get the hell out! after I moved out, and started smoking weed, eating mushrooms, and expanding my mind I really started to question all of it...

Nichiren Buddhism is actually the first thing that makes "sense" to me as an individual.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

The Liturgy of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism: is the name of the Gongyo book, please be sure to get a Dictionary my friend! When I went with Mr. and Mrs. Babba to get my very own books I purchased The Goshos, The SGI Buddhist Dicitionary and some chanting beads. Great deal ordering the books, get to a meeting and talk about them in person with friends like us and bring that conversation here deft, I'm looking forward to your insight and continued posts! Keep jamming!

My friends!! Everything is everything, but I'm happy! WOOOOHOOO! Two introductions today, work is going great, I found 35 dollars on the floor walking out of class and started laughing, a guy next to me says with a smile "wow how did you see that I was just looking there, Share?", I gave him ten bucks and said "I've been praying for money and doing good things for people and being the best person I could be, I guess this is just another time when...." then I stopped gloating cus someone lost those 35 dollars for me to find them, but I could see that even that money has an enlightened nature and found its way back to this BUddha! WOOOOHOOOO!

So then I goto buy some bananas for breakfast and I got the bottom of the barrel some really crummy nanners but I didn't complain (just here on the thread, lol) and as I'm walking out I see the stockguy putting out great fresh ones and I told him those look so nice, he let exchange my nanners for a bigger fruity juicier batch! I couldn't say thanks enough!

Gonna go chant to Gohonzon in a few, things are going great and I'm really developing my faith. I already introduced a couple new people at my job with Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! cards, I'm sooo soo happy!

YOO TOMMY Take your time brother man, in fact, LIVE IT UP and from us over here "MUCH LOVE TO YOUR CLAN"!

TO my beloved Bodhisattvas of the Earth here, A HUGE HUG is IN ORDER!

Let's set up a group meeting in the new year! I'm down.. then...

Let's go recoup the Dai-Gohonzon..... or begin our plan to do so.....

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
So Im not the only one that has wondered about the 007 plan to retrieve the Dai-Gohonzon so all could have the same opportunity to see ?? LOL just a bit of a daydream ..... I feel ya Easy!! woooooooop!!! So happy to hear your practice is rockin. Seems like our whole group has stepped forward together. Thanks everyone !!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Hitman

Here's today's Daily Guidance, published 89'.

Dec.12

Myoho is just like the sun. Chanting daimoku means to illuminate your life with sunshine. In other words, through the power of daimoku, you can embody the incredible life-force of the radiant sun, feel immeasurable joy in your heart and , just like the sun, live your life undaunted and with composure.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
just wanted to let all my good friends in this thread know that I will be taking a break from IC for a few weeks, hope you all a wonderful holidays,

sorry PTD that I was unable to get you an updated backup, some extenuating circumstances i could not of predicted... headed to vacations on the 20th, i will try my best to get it to you by then.

nam myoho renge kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Over and over I recall the moment, unforgettable even now, when I was
about to be beheaded and you accompanied me, holding the reins of my
horse and weeping tears of grief. Nor could I ever forget it in any
lifetime to come. If you should fall into hell for some grave offense,
no matter how Shakyamuni Buddha might urge me to become a Buddha, I
would refuse; I would rather go to hell with you. For if you and I
should fall into hell together, we would find Shakyamuni Buddha and
the Lotus Sutra there.

(WND, 850)