What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eagle! Have you tried chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo yet?

It will blow your mind. Chant and think about somethng you want have happen and see what happens. It's cause and effect, not magic, so the effort you put into the experiment is the merit you shall receive. But in the beginning, the cause of faith--in even trying just to see what happens--is very powerful and you'll be amazed at what can happen. Just try.

I'm getting exponentially busier with local activities and my kids. Thanks for the posts! Keep chanting! Gotta say I am wondering what has happened to a few of our friends, and HELLO MyohoDisco! (Where ever you are. Hachachacha)

T

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Wooooohooooo EagleVision
Great post Eagle thanks so much for sharing your experience :) BodhisattvaEagleVision :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Bonzo

Veteran
Good morning my most awesome chanting friends!

HOW ARE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!?????? like shining stars i am sure!!!

SoCal! I just tried to watch the short video and it stopped playing just as they were introducing Daisaku Ikeda, i could FF but it would just stop again, any ideas on how i can get the whole thing? Just the first five minutes had me filled with huge emotion and the realization of how lucky we all are to be her today in the Latter Day of the Law. I was overwhelmed and my mind heart and soul were all swirling in emotion, I cant even describe it. I LOVE PEOPLE!!! I WANT EVERYONE TO BE ENLIEGHTENED AND FULLFILLED!!! Im not just sating this to post up cause i havnt in a few days which seems like an etenity to me. Why is that? Why is it i started to ask myself do i feel like i am skirting my place of peace and learning? My friends that i know care for me as i care for them WHY!! Because as best i can figure when i said way back when i first opened the doors to my Butsudan and came face to face with my Gohonzon that i had come face to face with my destiny (ya'll member that?) well, because it is and ALLWAYS will be my destiny. No matter what i do Nam myoho renge kyo is with me! However i/we need to open the doors and CHANT!!!! Face our fears head on and then watch our prayers be answered. Its funny the more i chant, i want to chant more and more!!! (i can only speak for myself when i say fears, not all of us have the same reasons for chanting Nam myoho renge kyo) On the other hand we all have only one reason for chanting Nam myoho renge kyo and that is Kosen Rufu!!!

In short im back in it full on full time, tonite we will be enshrining my friends Gohonzon. Spread the word, help others find this wondrous path, it isnt allways easy but nothing in life worth a shit comes easy anyhow.

scuse me for rambling , hope i made a little sense and translated what my heart is feeling.

going to saturday Soka Spirit at the center, havnt been in a long time , i need to chant with others, it hit me like a lightning bolt last night as i was chanting that i need to get back into the thick of things.

ill be back to tell yall how the Enshrining went if you care to hear.

i love and respect you all from the bottom of my heart

peace and love

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
Hello Eagle Vision, im sorry i havnt said welcome yet but im satin' it now. WELCOME!

PEACE

Bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bonzo

Veteran
SoCal Hippy said:
Faith is light. The hearts of those with strong faith are filled with
light. A radiance envelops their lives. People with unshakable
conviction in faith enjoy a happiness that is as luminous as the full
moon on a dark night, as dazzling as the sun on a clear day.

from SGI-USA
"For Today & Tomorrow"

just wanted to say i love that So Cal!

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
fallenangel said:
thanks for the link .. i played it like 20 times

You betcha! I'm going to listen right now while I clean up and refuel after a long, cold, WONDERFUL mountain bike ride with a couple great friends!

(One of whom works for the US Forest Service locally and was helping direct me to the most ideal guerilla spots in the Forest!) :joint:

Peace, all! :wave:

Dignan

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you wish to free yourself from the sufferings of birth and death you have endured since time without beginning and to attain without fail unsurpassed enlightenment in this lifetime, you must perceive the mystic truth that is originally inherent in all living beings. This truth is Myoho-renge-kyo. Chanting Myoho-renge-kyo will therefore enable you to grasp the mystic truth innate in all life.

[ On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime, WND Page 3 ]

Bonzo

Veteran
Hello my friends!

The enshrinement went great, only 3 people besides my friend getting her Gohonzon enshrined. I put some hinges and new knobs on a Butsudan that a friend of mine was going to give to a newcomer and the other two girls brought candle holders incence and a water cup so everyone gave abit of themselves beside the huge part of being there in person to do this for her. It was a great evening filled with the spirit of Nam myoho renge kyo. We started with Gongyo and to my surprise my friend didnt miss a word, she was right on, kinda gave me goose bumps.

We finished up and my friend had that "a tad overwhelmed " look on her face like i did when i got mine enshrined, and im glad she did cause if she didnt it seems to me that she didnt or would not feel the presence of having your own Gohonzon in your room which would mean it didnt mean anything to her and it obviously meant alot, it was awesome.

My new friends that joined the enshrinement really lke my friend alot and i couldnt be happier for her, she doesnt have alot of friends so this is just a great thing for her in so many ways.

The journey begins!

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The Video

The Video

Bonz, I had a little difficulty in that video myself in that it would stop every 2 mins or so, then continue. NOt sure if it is my puter or the site;

What a great journey you are on my good friend Bonz and a supreme way to start the NY '07! wooooohooooooooooooooo!!! Cause and Effect, Baby! :yoinks:

"As long as we are alive we will experience sufferings. But that does not mean we have to be unhappy. Unhappiness comes from allowing ourselves to be controlled by life's ups and downs - from being defeated, from losing hope, losing courage, losing the will to advance." ~~Daisaku Ikeda~~

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Human Revolution

Human Revolution

Buddhism is characterized by an emphasis on the possibility of inner transformation--a process of bringing forth our full human potential. There is a common perception that the discipline and focus necessary for such a process requires a set of ideal circumstances not available to most. Nichiren Buddhism, however, teaches that it is only by squarely facing the challenges that confront us amidst the harsh contradictions of society that we can carry out the task of changing our own lives and the world for the better.

"Human revolution" is the term used by second Soka Gakkai President Josei Toda to describe a fundamental process of inner transformation whereby we break through the shackles of our "lesser self," bound by self-concern and the ego, growing in altruism toward a "greater self" capable of caring and taking action for the sake of others--ultimately all humanity.

As SGI President Daisaku Ikeda explains: "There are all sorts of revolutions: political revolutions, economic revolutions, industrial revolutions, scientific revolutions, artistic revolutions ... but no matter what one changes, the world will never get any better as long as people themselves ... remain selfish and lacking in compassion. In that respect, human revolution is the most fundamental of all revolutions, and at the same time, the most necessary revolution for humankind."

The question of how to change in a positive direction is one which has spawned countless theories, religions and publishing empires. Certainly, self-discipline and effort can enable us to make positive change, for example by starting to exercise regularly. But the willpower required is often hard to maintain; our self-control may slip at a crucial moment because we have not addressed the underlying, inner causes of our behavior.

Human revolution is the work of transforming our lives at the very core. It involves identifying and challenging those things which inhibit the full expression of our positive potential and humanity. Nichiren Buddhism is based on belief in a pure, positive and enlightened condition of life which exists equally within all people. This life state of "Buddhahood" is characterized by the qualities of compassion, wisdom and courage which enable us to create something of value from any situation. Nichiren realized that the deepest process of change and purification takes place when we bring forth this state, and he taught the practice of chanting "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" as the direct and immediate means for accessing and experiencing it.

This Buddha nature expresses itself in concrete ways. First, we gain the conviction that our life contains limitless possibilities and a profound sense of our human dignity. Second, we develop the wisdom to understand that things that we previously thought impossible are in fact possible. And third, we develop a powerful vitality that allows us to tackle our problems with a sense of inner liberation. We are thus empowered to pursue our own human revolution, striving to improve our "self" from yesterday to today and making the "self" of tomorrow better still.

In some traditions of Buddhism, interpretations of the law of cause and effect can encourage a focus on negative past causes. The obstacles and challenges encountered in life may be seen as requiring lifetimes of effort to "clean up." The message of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Buddhism is that through faith and practice we can reveal Buddhahood: our highest, most enlightened state of life right now, just as we are. This enlightened wisdom enables us to grasp the reality that circumstances which may seem the most unfortunate, be it seemingly incurable illness or bereavement, can actually provide the best opportunities for tackling our human revolution and the impetus for the greatest personal growth.

When we look beyond our personal concerns and take action for the sake of others, this process is strengthened and accelerated. An experience which previously seemed like an unjust burden can become the key to finding the purpose of our lives, as we learn how to help others struggling in a similar situation.

This individual process of human revolution is the very key to sparking change on a global scale. For, as Daisaku Ikeda writes, "A great human revolution in just a single person will help achieve a change in the destiny of a nation and, further, will cause a change in the destiny of all humankind." Taking responsibility for transforming our own lives is the first step toward creating a human society based on compassion and respect for the dignity of all people's lives.

[ Courtesy July 2005 SGI Quarterly ]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Never seek this Gohonzon outside yourself. The Gohonzon exists only within the mortal flesh of us ordinary people who embrace the Lotus Sutra and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 832) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 5th, 2007

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eagle, you keep impressing the shit out me! Thanks for being here and giving this a go, so straight-up and honestly. Thanks for your reports of progress and the insight your life experience brings to your perceptions of the teachings. Please continue to chant and please continue to join us here on the thread. Your contribution is most appreciated based on your sincerity in it's offering. I bow in obeisance to you.

Whether you mean to or not, you serve the Law with what you say! Well done! You are obviously a Bodhisattva of the Earth!

Bonzo, my Brother! Well done, as well! It would seem you have overcome an obstacle that, just a short while ago, had confounded you. The solution must have come from your Daimoku! See? You can change anything! You're a very powerful dude. Thank you for continuing to encourage us all with your life!

I miss MyohoDisco! Much love to you Brother, where ever you are. (Hachachacha)

Dignan! Great link! Are you thinking about seeking your Gohonzon soon?

Same to you fallen! Glad to hear about your abundant Daimoku this year! Keep it up!

Hello to the H3ads!

Much love and deep respect!

Thomas

Last edited:

treehuggers

nam myoho renge kyo nam myoho renge kyo nam myoho renge kyo
goooood morning chanters!! I wish you all another nice, warm day on planet Earth!

tree :wave:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Lotus Sutra is the king of sutras, the direct path to enlightenment, for it explains that the entity of our life, which manifests either good or evil at each moment, is in fact the entity of the Mystic Law. If you chant Myoho-renge-kyo with deep faith in this principle, you are certain to attain Buddhahood in this lifetime.

[ On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime, WND Page 4 ]

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The Bodhisattva Way

The Bodhisattva Way

In an address given by President Daisaku Ikeda, the Lotus Sutra was referenced to define attributes pertaining to Bodhisattvas of the Earth.

“[They are] firm in their intent and thought, with the power of great perseverance, the kind living beings delight to see” (Lotus Sutra, 216)

“They constantly delight in the Law of the Buddhas, diligently and with a single mind pursuing unsurpassed wisdom” (LS, 219)

“Skillfully learning the bodhisattva way, [they are] unsoiled by worldly things like the lotus flower in the water” (LS, 222)

“They expound various wonderful doctrines and their minds are without fear” (LS, 220)

“They are clever at difficult questions and answers… upright in dignity and virtue. They are praised by the Buddhas of the ten directions” (LS, 223)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Buddhism in Society

Buddhism in Society

The teachings of Buddhism enable the individual to undergo a process of "human revolution," an inner change which stimulates compassion and contributive action in their family, workplace or community. This engagement with society is expressed in a variety of ways, reflecting the unique culture and traditions of different countries around the world. SGI members recount their experiences of putting their faith into action. The articles in this section are originally published in the SGI Quarterly magazine.

A Fighting Spirit, by Sam Greene, U.S.A.
Wrestling Karma, by Tania Ferreira, Brazil
All at Sea, by Peter Morris, U.K.
Finding My Niche, by Charles Osawa, Brazil
Finding a Way Up , by Mindy Milam, U.S.A.
The Deepest Loss, by Aiko Matsumura, Japan
A Broader Vision, by Sophie Theven, Switzerland
A New Direction, by Kaori Yasuoka, Thailand
Bridge from a Soundless World, by Shin'ichi Yoshida, Japan
Tackling HIV/AIDS, by David Le Page, South Africa
Unleashing the Power of Culture, by Elise Mballa, Cameroon
Like a Cherry Tree, By Stephanie Tansey, SGI-USA
Music from the Heart: A Treasure and a Weapon for Peace, By Nestor Torres, U.S.A.
Never Giving Up, by Jun Ortiz, Philippines and Japan
Forging Fabulous Friendships, by Brian Milne, Scotland
Factory of Dreams, by Telma Lucia Pereira Martins, Brazil
My Second Home, by Tieng Kha, France
Working for a Diverse World, by Roger Algase, U.S.A.
Challenging Myself, by Asha Gupta, India
Common Humanity, by Masaaki Taniai, Japan
Winning Respect, by Olga Ford, U.S.A.
New Commitment to Society, by Marianne Acker, Germany
We All Need Each Other, by Yo Kano, U.S.A.
Realizing the Significance of Life, by Suphang Rujanawech, Thailand
Buddhism in Soweto, by Anthony George, South Africa
Building Bridges with Art, by Melanie Merians, U.S.A.
Practicing Buddhism in the Military, by King -Sau Kenneth Siu, Japan
Triumph Over Discrimination, by Makiko Fujiwara, Japan
Message of Peace, Joannet Delgado de la Guardia, Cuba
The "Real" Revolution, by Marco Della Fonte, Italy
Lessons Learned at Ground Zero, by Richard Perez, U.S.A.
Global Issues, Practical Dilemmas, by Viviane Ferraz, Brazil
No Small Success, by Pablo Vaccaro, Argentina
The Medicine to Heal People's Hearts, by Christian Duncker, Germany
Engaged with Life, by Ida Gbodossou- Adjevi, Togo
Growing Up Without Hope, by Curt Young, U.S.A

(from: http://www.sgi.org/do/b-society/society.html )

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

That video played great for me. I gave it too the people in my local group and everyone loved it . Thanks for the link :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

To all those that have not dropped in for awhile. You are in our daily chants. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Much Daimoku to you all
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well Thankyou right back for the love Eagle. Your post are truly enjoyable BodhisattvaEagle :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts