What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzo

Veteran
Good morning and Welcome back Homie!!!! :wave: Sounds as though you had a splendid time, you sound pumped! Sounds like ya knocked em dead bro!!!! :woohoo: wooooo hoooooooo man!!! I get goosebumps imagining you in such a groove bro!

congratultion's T!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Today i have to prepare like a 4 pge "story" on how chanting has changed my life and present it at this evenings meeting. Funny i didnt think it was gonna be a big deal at all, however now that today is the day im a bit nervous, well im gonna be workin on it throughout the day and just go for it tonite, shit i might not write anything and just say it like it is! :confused:

dunno yet

peace and love

bonz

:woohoo: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>> :woohoo:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heheh Bonz Im sort of doing the same thing. Im writing a paper about the Ikeda Peace Proposal for the Sunday morning Kosen Rufu meeting for December. Good Luck Bonzo im sure you will "WOW" them :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Mr. Toda keenly observed: “One of the misfortunes of people today is that they confuse knowledge with wisdom.” Knowledge isn’t necessarily wisdom. Knowledge is important, but by itself it is as inanimate and lifeless as a stone. What counts is whether we possess the wisdom to put that knowledge to use for the welfare of all—and Buddhism is the source of that wisdom."

SGI Newsletter No. 7007, 64TH SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING, The Mentor-Disciple Relationship Is the Very Foundation of Buddhism, translated Oct. 25th, 2006

Bonzo

Veteran
Geittin' nervous about this little speech...........shit.

Babba yours sounds like a pretty big deal, are you nervous when speaking in front of people Babba? Man i am, allways have been.

nam myoho renge kyo nam myoho reng kyo nam myoho renge kyo nam myoho renge kyo nam myoho renge kyo nam myoho renge kyo nam myoho renge kyo nam myoho renge kyo.......................

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

treehuggers

Hey Bonzo! :wave:

I just came back from my first sgi meeting. Scegy was there too and it all went great! I really loved it and going again! :D I know you will perform the best!!

be good EVERYONE!!! NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!

Bonzo

Veteran
Congradulations tree and scegy!!!!!!!! wooo hoooo!!!!!! :woohoo:

Wow, i just came back in to get my keys and just thought id check the thread.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, I NEEDED TO SEE THIS BEFORE I LEFT!!!! :woohoo:

Im with T, get your Gohonzon!!!! :woohoo:

I want to hear more about your meeting! :woohoo:

peace and love

bonz :wave:

:woohoo: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :woohoo:

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fantastic Tree so happy to hear you made it to a meeting :) Scegy way to go:)
Nam Myoh Renge Kyo

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"...if I do not call forth these three enemies of the Lotus Sutra, then I will not be the votary of the Lotus Sutra. Only by making them appear can I be the votary."

(The Teaching, Capacity, Time, and Country - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 53) Selection source: Soka Gakkai leader's determination, Seikyo Shimbun, November 16th,2006

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In this age, it is as natural for a woman to change her fixed karma by practicing the Lotus Sutra as it is for rice to ripen in fall or chrysanthemums to bloom in winter. When I prayed for my mother, not only was her illness cured, but her life was prolonged by four years. Now you too have fallen ill, and as a woman, it is all the more timely for you to establish steadfast faith in the Lotus Sutra and see what it will do for you.

[ On Prolonging One's Life Span, WND Page 955 ]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"...as a woman, it is all the more timely for you to establish steadfast faith in the Lotus Sutra and see what it will do for you."

Bonzo

Veteran
Hey my friends!! How is everyone?

You guys arent gonna beleive it, my little speech was the highlite of the meeting, not to me but appearently to everyone there! It was a trip you guys, all i did was talk about where i was before i started chanting, how i started chanting, and where i am today. They gave me a fuckin' standing ovation, and kept thanking me when the meeting was over, made me a bit uncomfortable but it was very cool none the less. I only talked for 5 minutes max.

Is that a trip or what? Seems as though we Chanting Growers are some pretty awesome Bodhisattvas of the earth!

!!!NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!

still trippin!?!?!?

what a meeting

Just thought id let ya'll know how it went, aint that somethin?

peace and my deepest respect and love.

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Print this one out!!!

Print this one out!!!

You should not have the slightest fear in your heart. It is lack of courage that prevents one from attaining Buddhahood, although one may have professed faith in the Lotus Sutra many times since innumerable kalpas ago.

[ The Three Obstacles and Four Devils, WND Page 637 ]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should not have the slightest fear in your heart. It is lack of courage that prevents one from attaining Buddhahood, although one may have professed faith in the Lotus Sutra many times since innumerable kalpas ago.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude!

Dude!

Bonzo said:
Seems as though we Chanting Growers are some pretty awesome Bodhisattvas of the earth!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Was there ever a doubt in your mind?

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"... winter always turns to spring."

(Winter Always Turns to Spring - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 536) Selection source: Soka Gakkai member's experience, Seikyo Shimbun, November 16th, 2006

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got some great emails today!

Got some great emails today!

Like these three:

Hi Tom

This is Kai from the SGI retreat (the young guy from Canada). I just wanted to say that you did a great job with your testimony and your story really inspired me. You are a great proponent of SGI Buddhism, and it was great having you at the retreat. I was wondering as well if you could send me a copy of that story you were mentioning which changed your life. I didn't get a chance for a copy when you were handing them out. Although I'm still new to SGI, your story and demeanor at the retreat inspired me to look further into the religion and learn more about it. I wish you the best with your 6 kids! :) Regards, (Kai)

Thanks for your kind words.
I've already begun chanting for
wisdom.
I learnt so much during the
weekend and promise to
bombard you with even more
questions in the future !
I feel it's time for good , peace-
loving people to make a stand
in the world and really kick ass.
Look forward to catching up
again soon.
Greggo

Dear Thomas

I trust that you have enjoyed the course thoroughly.
You must be tired and resting now.
You deserve plenty of rest. (grin)

I want to thank you for your hard work for the course.
it is your first time attend the training course, and already we gave you lots of work.
You did not refuse , but took on the challenge and worked well to make the course a great success.

As I have mentioned on Gosho, we have made a promise in past to meet in this lifetime and to work together for Kosen Rufu.
I am so happy to meet you in the past life and it is really great to work with you for Kosen Rufu. (it is so great it is beyond words to explain)

I look forward working with you again in the activities and be prepared for loads of stuff in the course next year (grin)

Take care and have plenty of rest and don't get sick.
Hope to see you this Saturday.
Love
James

How cool is that? Do you have any idea how this feels? I hope everyone gets to feel this feeling someday. This Buddhism is exquiste beyond anything else in this world. Believe that with all your heart and challenge the Gohonzon to help you make your dreams come true.

They will.

I bow in obeisance Brothers and Sisters!

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.