What's new

Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So is it just a coincidence that this has happened just as I have returned??? What a freaking benefit man! I'm crying G!

This is the completion of a spiritual mission, and I am trusting that your journey continues as one of happiness. As far as I am concerned, all of this is because of things you and I have shared over the years, Rumanian Brother--and past lives! My journey actually began with seeking a seed and meeting you!

Amsterdam, B.C., the PI. Never forget how dark it once was Brother. And whether you believe it or not, I am convinced that those times you were so up against the wall of reality that "Gypsy Nirvana chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" is the cause that made the difference, no matter what anyone else may say!

Remember what it was like coming off the airplane in London and mystically having no one waiting. And now, everyone is coming home! I am so happy for your family. The kids need their daddy! And like me, you ain't getting any younger Brother!

My six are keeping me hopping 24/7! All my love and deepest respect to everyone!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Just as flowers open up and bear fruit, just as the moon appears and invariably grows full, just as a lamp becomes brighter when oil is added, and just as plants and trees flourish with rain, so will human beings never fail to prosper when they make good causes.”

(The Third Day of the New Year - WND, Vol. 1, page 1013)

:tiphat:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PS: I joined ICmag 15 years ago. This site has stayed alive for 15 years? You think the protective nature of ICmag toward the Chanting Growers Group has nothing to do with that? (Thank you G!!!)

Considering this is a continuation of the original thread, between the two, they are one of the largest repositories of Nichiren Buddhist lay contributions and writings--of life experience and the desire to share the Law of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with others--in the entire world. We shredded the copyrights of the Soka Gakkai, but who cares? We were vindicated by Daisaku Ikeda's decision to make all of their Major Works available open-source via www.nichirenlibrary.org. anyway!

So many others are the reason this thread has lasted so long. BE WELL! ALL OF YOU!!!!! And I hope you all seek lives filled with the satisfaction and joy; of truth and wisdom. And find meaning in your lives and the means to sustain it! And KEEP GROWING!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“This is our belief and conviction: That all people on Earth have the right to happiness. That all people inherently possess the capacity for lasting happiness. That is through fulfilling their unique and noble purpose in life that each person may realise maximum happiness both for themselves and for others.”

The Wisdom for Creating Happiness and Peace, Part 3 Kosen-rufu and World Peace, 28.10 Our Legacy to Humanity, from the October 2017 Daibyaku-renge, translation released January 2019

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you interested in REAL WORLD PEACE?

Are you interested in REAL WORLD PEACE?

2019 Peace Proposal Calls for Urgent Action Toward Disarmament and Increased Role for Youth…is now available. Other languages will hopefully be forthcoming.

ENGLISH
https://www.daisakuikeda.org/sub/events/2019/jan/26-peace-proposal.html

SPANISH
https://www.daisakuikeda.org/es/2019-enero-26-propuesta-de-paz..html

SIMPLIFIED CHINESE
https://www.daisakuikeda..org/chs/2019jan26-peace-proposal..html

TRADITIONAL CHINESE
https://www.daisakuikeda.org/cht/2019jan26-peace-proposal.html

Bowing in Humble Obeisance!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“In The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, the Daishonin states: ‘The treasure towers are none other than all living beings, and all living beings are none other than the complete entities of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo“ (OTT, 230).

"The grand, magnificent treasure tower that emerges from the earth in the Lotus Sutra actually exemplifies the life of every living being, of each individual person. Every person, regardless of race, ethnicity, personal origin or profession, is an infinitely dignified treasure tower, a ‘complete entity’ of the Mystic Law.

“That’s why every person deserves respect, and why no one should be left in the darkness of lonely despair."

The Eternal Citadel of Soka, Youth are the Future, Nov. 5th, 2018 Seikyo Newspaper, translation released Jan. 2019

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“The aim of Buddhist practice is to help those assailed by self-doubt understand that they are profoundly respectworthy and possess a truly noble mission, so that they can join us in leading victorious lives filled with hope and lofty aspirations.”

The Eternal Citadel of Soka, Youth are the Future, Nov. 5th, 2018 Seikyo Newspaper, translation released Jan. 2019

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“‘When ordinary people in the latter age hear this doctrine [of the Lotus Sutra], not only will they themselves attain Buddhahood, but also their fathers and mothers will attain Buddhahood in their present forms. This is the highest expression of filial devotion.' - From 'What it Means to Hear the Buddha Vehicle for the First Time' (WND – 2, 744).

"The attainment of Buddhahood by a single individual leads to the attainment of Buddhahood by their parents and family members. The true purpose of our practice of Nichiren Buddhism is to show our appreciation to our parents and gratitude for others' kindness.

"When the sun of the Mystic Law rises in your hearts, you can illuminate everyone around you. Therefore, there is no need to argue with your family members about faith. Just chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo for their happiness and treat them respectfully.

“With the light of warm compassion and wisdom, please create families where joyous laughter abounds. A harmonious family is a microcosm of peace and a nurturing ground for a hopeful future.”

Advancing with the Gosho (2), [42] A Harmonious Family Is a Microcosm of Peace, from 7th Nov. 2018 issue of the Seikyo Newspaper, translation released January 2019

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens. How could this be anything other than the boundless joy of the Law?”

(Happiness in This World - WND, Vol. 1, page 681)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
’You, yourself, are a Thus Come One [a Buddha] who is originally enlightened and endowed with the three bodies [the Dharma body, the reward body and the manifested the body]. You should chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with this conviction. Then the place where you chant daimoku will become the dwelling place of the treasure tower.'

From ‘On the Treasure Tower’ (WND-1, 299-300)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gold can be neither burned by fire nor corroded or swept away by water, but iron is vulnerable to both. A worthy person is like gold, a fool like iron. You are like pure gold because you embrace the “gold” of the Lotus Sutra.

(The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life - WND, Vol. 1, page 217)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bowing in humble obeisance to ALL OF YOU! Never give up and never give in. Keep your eye on the prize! Never stop moving forward! NEVER STOP GROWING!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Have profound faith. A coward cannot have any of their prayers answered."

From 'The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra' WND-I, page 1001

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“I know your faith has always been admirable, but now you must strengthen it more than ever."

(The Supremacy of the Law - WND, Vol. 1, page 614)