What's new

Challenging YOU To "Smoke The Vote!" In Ca!

CaptainTrips

Who the fuck smokes an ounce or two a day? lol You probably have some sort of medical issue if thats the case, in which case you can get a prop 215 rec and tc2010 won't be an issue. You will also yield pounds off that one 5x5 outdoor plant... Not that I think limits are good, or TC2010. If TC2010 had a limit besides the 1 oz, I could almost support it. But what good is a 5x5 grow area if your possession limit is 1 oz.

pegacorna

So I'm still unclear...I checked the bill(s).....are the medical mj laws being affected at all? I have heard several different things but I am wondering if anyone knows for sure.
Will I have to go to a 5x5 grow area even if I have a reccomendation?
Only being able to hold on to only an ounce at a time is terrible. My family goes through an ounce every 3 days.
You can get at the very least a half ib from a 5x5 area, are you supposed to throw away the other 7 ounces? Sell it and get taxed 50 per ounce? dam

There is way to much confusion(it seems on purpose) and it seems like most people are voting simply because its the "vote to get pot legalized bill".

T

theJointedOne

No it would not take 215 off the books,but it would give local Goverment the powers to nearly stop all MJ growing.The idea behind this bill is to force ALL growers to stop growing and buy at the clubs allowing only comercial growers who have large bank accounts to supply the demand.It also puts an $800 per lbs state tax on all marijuana sold!

here you go pegacorna

CaptainTrips

lol give the power to stop all growing? You can't be serious... this is not going to stop prop 215. All other grows are illegal. People arn't going to stop growing just because tc2010 passes, especially because there are not going to be sales from tc2010 in about 95% of the state.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
It is most amusing how people presume that suddenly potheads will start following the rules if TC2010 passes. Simply laughable.

P

PkRipper

Initiatives
Attorney Gen. File #: 2009-024

The Regulate, Control, and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010 (Amendment #1-S)
September 9, 2009
Initiative HTML PDF
This measure (1) legalizes various marijuana-related activities, (2) allows local governments to regulate these activities, (3) permits local governments to impose and collect marijuana-related fees and taxes, and (4) authorizes various criminal and civil penalties.

THIS IS THE OTHER MEASURE that richard wrote huh karmical...

Initiatives
Attorney Gen. File #: 2009-022

The Tax, Regulate, and Control Cannabis Act of 2010
August 19, 2009
Initiative HTML PDF
This measure proposes to (1) legalize various marijuana-related activities, (2) regulate the commercial production of marijuana, (3) impose and collect marijuana-related fees and taxes, and (4) authorize various criminal and civil penalties

heyheyhey

If you are a "patient" you are going to be growing under prop 215...You can grow a lot of weed in a 5x5 area, certainly I do not like that prop, and it is not legalization. It is further decriminization... makes it safer to grow in theory, while likely maintaining the high retail marketplace...

you can't grow "alot". There is a one ounce cap with tax cannabis 2010. Who can grow weed and stay under one ounce? How is one ounce alot? one ounce would hardly keep me over for a week.

tax cannabis 2010 is a fraud, read it if you dont believe me.

heyheyhey

It is most amusing how people presume that suddenly potheads will start following the rules if TC2010 passes. Simply laughable.

we shouldn't have to "follow rules". We are trying to get a legalization bill passed, why should we have to "follow rules".

one ounce limit is a joke, an absolute insult.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
If you're not interested in following the rules, wtf do you care what they say.

Simply laughable 'logic' you present.

Demand everything, and you get nothing. It really is as simple as that. Politics is the art of compromise. Well, unless you've got a solid majority on your side, which we most certainly do not.

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A.B.390 will die now because of the time constraints but the fact that it made it this far is major! We need to vote out the politicians who are not for legalization! Now we can work on a better initiative so be registered to vote so when an initiative comes along thats right for us we're ready and our forces are strong!
REGISTER TO VOTE!
we have voter registration forms available at the club.

CaptainTrips

you can't grow "alot". There is a one ounce cap with tax cannabis 2010. Who can grow weed and stay under one ounce? How is one ounce alot? one ounce would hardly keep me over for a week.

tax cannabis 2010 is a fraud, read it if you dont believe me.

I was refering a 5x5 space, not the one ounce limit. If one ounce becomes the enforced limit of tc2010, it might as well not exist. How can you even do a 5x5 grow and not yield over an ounce... Yeah its pretty much a fraud as far as any legalization goes, decrim which isn't neccesarily a bad thing done right, but tc2010 is certainly not right even though i might still vote for it.

EvergreenFields

TC2010 protects Home Grown cannabis

TC2010 protects Home Grown cannabis

I was refering a 5x5 space, not the one ounce limit. If one ounce becomes the enforced limit of tc2010, it might as well not exist. How can you even do a 5x5 grow and not yield over an ounce... Yeah its pretty much a fraud as far as any legalization goes, decrim which isn't neccesarily a bad thing done right, but tc2010 is certainly not right even though i might still vote for it.

I agree about possession and garden results being a concern, but it seems TC2010 will protect your harvest-able amounts from your five x five space. You are just limited to not travel away from your garden or in most cases your home with more then one ounce of personal supply. Remember TC2010 does not allow sales unless authorized by local or state governments. The TC2010 is step forward in a adult discussion that has been missing since we passed Prop 215 in 1996. If things go wrong with LEO's you will be allowed an affirmative defense for your adult use grow, just like medical has been for long over a decade now. If you are medical, these TC2010 limits do not apply to you, Prop 215 and SB420 do. Below are sections that pertain to your concerns, if you're over 21 and not a qualified medical patient in California.

Excerpt from Section 11300: Personal Regulation and Controls
(i) Personally possess, process, share, or transport not more than one ounce of cannabis, solely for that individual’s personal consumption, and not for sale.
(ii) Cultivate, on private property by the owner, lawful occupant, or other lawful resident or guest of the private property owner or lawful occupant, cannabis plants for personal consumption only, in an area of not more than twenty-five square feet per private residence or, in the absence of any residence, the parcel. Cultivation on leased or rented property may be subject to approval from the owner of the property. Provided that, nothing in this section shall permit unlawful or unlicensed cultivation of cannabis on any public lands.
(iii) Possess on the premises where grown the living and harvested plants and results of any harvest and processing of plants lawfully cultivated pursuant to section 11300(a)(ii), for personal consumption.

Excerpt from Section 11304: Effect of Act and Definitions

(iii) For purposes of section 11300(a)(ii) “cannabis plant” means all parts of a living Cannabis plant.
(iv) In determining whether an amount of cannabis is or is not in excess of the amounts permitted by this Act, the following shall apply:
(a) only the active amount of the cannabis in an edible cannabis product shall be included;
(b) living and harvested cannabis plants shall be assessed by square footage, not by weight in determining the amounts set forth in section 11300(a);
(c) in a criminal proceeding a person accused of violating a limitation in this Act shall have the right to an affirmative defense that the cannabis was reasonably related to his or her personal consumption.