What's new

CFLs clear PVC hung vertical *concept*

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Really? This link and the other petco one still don't load for me:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Status report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.18

Yeah i did fuck up that micro / milli watt thingy. So besides the tube, my messed up math, figuring out UV stuff, I'm exactly same point in this whole process that i was when i first made this post. Cept for information, wootz for that

Scrubs - hey the wiki page gives you UV warning on Fluorescent tubes, if you keep reading the page they state CFLs don't produce enough UV emissions

150 microwatts per lumen at 2800 lumens per 42 watt bult equals about .42 UV watts per 42 watt CFL (disregard my previous bantering) - thanks canna, was working on psudomath

Good find on that UV bulb grouchy! Might be interesting to play around with.

Going to wait for Monday to make some phone calls for some Borosilicate glass tubing. e-mailing these places isn't working :)

Leviathan

i think with 68-250watt cfls a circular grow sounds nice, but a smaller one is pretty much useless as a mono bulb grow. kudos to the folks that stop drinking, femented energy doesnt belong in our bodies, u stop drinking your and your pride is your pride and your humility your humility, drinking makes theese things mushy in all who consume it, its amazing how people belive weed causes brain damage which it doenst and that alchohol doenst which it most certainly does, remember fermented sugar = fermented energy=fermented consciousness. or as bob marley said ''rum teach u to be a junker, erb teach u to be a someone''

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Scrubs - hey the wiki page gives you UV warning on Fluorescent tubes, if you keep reading the page they state CFLs don't produce enough UV emissions

Don't produce enough UV to cause skin cancer when one or two are in the roof of a room, probably? That is kind of a good thing. We seem agreed that it is there at least, and it is I assure you. (did you do the cd test? srsly) It seems like all the more reason to keep what "little" you have, to me. Keep in mind they'd be testing normal usage, not 18 of them half an inch from a plant. Most people approach it like ladyl is, she's getting freaky with some uv bulbs now it's close to the end. I approach it from seeing a lot of plants outdoors in the tropics that get uv all the time.

Just for the record I bought a bag of shiva skunk and the pure (both grown outdoor), same cuts as what I grew in the tent, and they don't come close to trichome coverage or intense stoning. Sure I'm not an impartial judge but I can take pictures if you want. It's clear to see that the cfls did a lot for it. It wasn't the wattage cos the sun is stronger. It wasn't the spectrum cos the sun is broadest spectrum of them all. So what was it? Maybe it's high UV levels an inch away from a cfl? Who knows. But that is how I approach it. Answer me this - what colours do you see when you do the CD trick with a daylight cfl? Red? Green? Blue? Yup, they're all there. But what is that right after the blue? Yup, it's violet.

Am I trippin'?

January 2009

The United Kingdom's Health Protection Agency now recommends people should not be closer than 30 centimetres from an energy-saving light bulb for more than one hour per day, since it is like exposing bare skin to direct sunlight.

Latest posts

Latest posts