What's new

CFL sog from seed

• Thread starter strain_searcher
  • Start date
S

strain_searcher

I am using a tote box and and they are in straight soil conditioner called bumper crop. For lights I am using a 6 bulb vanity and mixed cfls. I just started flower so I will be switching out the few daylight bulbs that are in there now.

I have bubbledust on one side and decided to start some morning bubble on the other a bit later as you can see. Morning Bubble is a cross I made using a morning star clone and a sour bubble male.

S

strain_searcher

Thanks fellas. I figure I will know sex in about 2 weeks then I can chop the males and leave more room for the stinky ones.

H

herbie5000

good luck mate. am watching this one. and sorry for ignorance, but what's a 6-bulb 'vanity'?

celtictoker

im a new grower ive been veggin for 4 weeks im under 200w ecolite blue can i take cuttings for micro grow under200w red ecolite and somo cfls on the sides be intrested to know. heres a couple of my babies theres 7 ak48 from germ in westlands advanced and hesi tnt soil (havent used them yet) :rant: :fsu:

smokeymacpot

Veteran
sog? do you have the height for it ? i would tie them over and get some side shoots going ;)

what wattage are your cfls? 6x20w or 6x30w ? 120 or 180w should do you good providing you keep the canopy level. also if you keep some blue spectrum cfls in there it helps reduce stretching and helps with denser buds, i would not be so hasty to remove them :)

smokeymacpot

Veteran
celtictoker said:
can i take cuttings for micro grow under200w red ecolite and somo cfls on the sides be intrested to know.

yes but you should make sure they are fully rooted and growing at their natural rate before flowering (~2-3weeks to root and grow under 24hr light).
hth

green_grow

Veteran
herbie5000 said:
good luck mate. am watching this one. and sorry for ignorance, but what's a 6-bulb 'vanity'?

a "vanity" is a strip of bulbs mounted in the same fixture over a bathroom mirror. in this case, it's 6 bulbs long, but it could be longer or shorter. not a bad way to light up a budget grow because they can be found cheap or even free.

Siddartha

A vanity is a make-up table (like the sink area in most womens' bathrooms). These are vanity lights because they light the little area where most women put on make-up. That said, I need to go pick one up :).

Smoke68

LOL Siddartha, me too, but it's for my girls.
Strain, I love the setup and I hope to be along for this grow ride!
On that note, off to my local thrift store to pick up some vanity fixtures.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
:muahaha:
Another CFL Grow !!!!

I swear they are the future of growing, good luck with this one I too have a 12/12 from seed going I just hope it's a girl or :badday: is how I'll feel...
Well rock on buddy and may your grow be successful :joint:

S

strain_searcher

Will update later. The plants all doubled in size in 3 days.

Latest posts

Latest posts