What's new

CFL PC CASE GROW, first and second attempts :-P

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Friggin' awesome! I know what you mean about the lighter, haha. But I think a lot of us have the same problem, I sure did! I think you did very well regardless. Enjoy it, and try your best to cure some for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Even that much makes a big difference. I know it's hard to resist smoking it all but you must use the force. (sorry, it was the best I could slot in a star wars reference) :D

Mk3Jetta

Nice lookin shit you got there!

Is your light on 24/0? What are you feeding her to deal with the stress of reveg?

plant looks tasty!

basscadet

sweet grow bro.. i was wondering how you liked the service from planet skunk

Hey Dank, I loved the service from PS, I did a bank deposit, emailed with the confirmation, then waited four days and I had them in my eager little hands. I'll definately use them again, thinking White Label Rhino :joint:

Friggin' awesome! I know what you mean about the lighter, haha. But I think a lot of us have the same problem, I sure did! I think you did very well regardless. Enjoy it, and try your best to cure some for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Even that much makes a big difference. I know it's hard to resist smoking it all but you must use the force. (sorry, it was the best I could slot in a star wars reference) :D

Scrub, nice use of the Star Wars terminology, unfortunately I listened to the dark side and smoked it. I did curte the cola for about three days and there was a slight improvement, but the Gigabud doesn't have that much taste IMO.

Also thinking about getting some of those mini lighters that look like a normal Bic, but that would be cheating myself.

ha......you guys are big time nerds. cool micro grow

Thanks Grasper, but nerds???? how can you say... oh yeah, pc grow, star wars, 420 written in binary code in the sig, OK, ok you got me.

Nice lookin shit you got there!

Is your light on 24/0? What are you feeding her to deal with the stress of reveg?

plant looks tasty!

Thanks Mk, Padme's basking under 46W CFL in an 18/6 light schedule. When I repotted her I flooded the soil with a tea made from soaked prawn shells, wood ash, blood and bone meal, chicken manure and water used to rinse rice and water used to boil pasta. Weird combination I know but when this mix is left in water for a few days, all the nutrients break down and are readily available to the plant. Lots of nitrogen there.

OK, some pics.
Leia is on day 36 and is looking healthy but there is hardly any trichs to see, only under the loupe. On planet skunk it says flower time 40-45 days, the white label site says 45-55 days and I've read grow reports from some growers who wait untill day 60 to harvest so I'm kinda just playing this one by ear and see how it goes.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More soon.

neo247

long time no talk cadet =p great grow. i cant wait to see padme back in action and how she reacts to the reveg. good luck

basscadet

long time no talk cadet =p great grow. i cant wait to see padme back in action and how she reacts to the reveg. good luck

Hey neo, I was wondering where you got to, man, your grow turned out well. Lookat the size of those buds, nice!

Padme's reacted well to the reveg and has some new growth, freaky looking single leaves.
picture.php

picture.php

I got a little eager and popped three more Gigabud seeds into some soil and I got all 3 above the surface. So the veg case is now stocked for the next run.
picture.php

Leia on the other hand is dissapointing, day 42 of a 45- 50 day strain and very few trichs. The only way to see them is through the loupe and I'm not sure if she could be revegged, if I even wanted to save these genetics. I may as well pop more seeds and find a nice keeper.
picture.php

The main cola is chunky (not frosty tho) but the other buds are like popcorn that has been stretched. I call them popsicles.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The two C99's are in cut down 1.25 litre bottles. I'll wrap them in mylar when there's more roots but for now it's cool to see a few roots shoot down to follow the water.
picture.php

They haven't shown sex yet but thinking, and hoping, for a male and a female. A while ago the adaptor for the exhaust fan got knocked out of the plug, so it got very hot and one face face down and revived with some water. Now it's growing interspaced nodes.
picture.php

I know they usually do this after a few equal branchs in veg so it may flower sooner idk, should be some fun to watch tho.

And a normal growing C99. Both on day 33, day 12 of 12/12
picture.php

I'm thinking of calling this the PSU (Perpetual Supply Unit). Anyone think its possible to grow four or more plants in a pc case, like an LSTed SOG? If I can dial it in and get a 1/4 per plant per week and I can fit six plants in cut down soda bottles in there I think it's worth trying.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Perpetual Supply Unit....lmao, too funny :D

Great update bro. The reveg was very succesful.

basscadet

good shit man. i have a question. i love the genetics in my plant. could i reveg it? but start out 12/12?

Hey neo, I think that if you revegged under 12/12 it would continue to flower, eventually having the most couch-locking buds on the planet. Best to put under 18/6 or 20/4 to make her regrow leaves and bud sites. (But then again I'm no expert, this is my first try) Keep in mind you are trying to trick the plant into staying alive instead of dying as in nature.

basscadet

hey basscadet can u give me some input on ur scrubber, or where u got that design from. the lack of vertical, or horizontal in this case, is something that im really interested. all the crubbers i have seen are alot longer and bulkier and it will touch my lights, or just prevent me from adding a light by my exhaust

Matero, sorry it's been a while.

The scrubber is a very simple design.
Basically I bought a resealable plastic jar from the supermarket, (down the isle from the CFL's too LOL)
picture.php

I cut a circle a little larger than the fan in the lid and glued it to the case around the fan.

Then I cut the jar section in half, and super-glue some wire mesh to the inside of the jar about half an inch from the cut.
picture.php

Then I filled with activated carbon up to the cut, but some filter wool over the top to stop any movement, covered with another sheet of wire mesh and then secured it with a few wraps of duct tape.
picture.php

Now that it's filled I can screw it to the lid glued to the case and the filter is air-tight. Then add more duct tape to make it light-tight
picture.php

This one is about 80mm across and is fine for the drying case but it sucked when there's heat inside. For the flower case, I used a larger jar and it's not too bad. I may have to cut again to have a thinner filter as it's blocking some of the airflow.

:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts