What's new

Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH)

simba

Sleeping Dragon
night.. id say stay with the CMH's..1 or 2 if you go 4x6..to push it.. wont make it faster..

sloh.. i thought i replied ill get on that.. sorry i had to sleep since your post....

simba

Sleeping Dragon
Gramsci.. i say trim up the bottom.. (cut most that isnt getting Direct light/Small bud sites don't do excess and only do it once..) them small bud sites at the bottom are taking away allot from overall yield and quality..imo

i edited carpily to see the Bottom so im posting..
s33012topview21march.jpg

CMH rocks!

CMH rocks!

heya simba!
i'm ready to be at testament to the CMH hype! ok so today is day 3 under(actually beside) my 400w cmh and all i can say is WOW! the branch growth is unreal! you weren't kidding when you said they have less radiant heat! i have leaves less than 4" from my bulb and not burning! :headbange nodes just exploding from everywhere! i have had plenty of experience under a HPS and the CMH will never leave my grow. i can't wait to flower with this bad mofo!

Thanks for all the info man! if anyone doubts the CMH i'll be here to shut them haters down! FULL SPECTRUM all the way!

day5 veg

Hey simba.... sorry i cant send u a PM. But i just noticewd you have colitis. Do you still take Marinol?(ive never heard of it, and ive never take it, used to be on those orange pills(selphasalazien or somethign like that). I was wondering... did you happen to get a growing lic and/or smoking permit?(im in Canada and im trying to find a doc to sign my papers)

simba

Sleeping Dragon
night in 1 more Post you can PM me.. PM me a safe email addy.. and ill send you a bunch of good research proving it.. from university.. and goes back to 1977
med pot is Perfect for colitis..and info your doc will be interested in..
it is actually the only drug that can heal the colon wall YA!!!>. and proven to prevent and KIll cancer. since colitis and chrons have 50%+ cancer risk.. thats a big thing..
marinol is synthetic thc.. www.marinol.com (not greatest but kinda works)
you have sativex or whtver they callin it.. its a binaca type spray..
For colitis and chrons any ibs you need 70% dom indica.. 30% sativa (we need more CBD's more than THC Ratio)
selph ya had that crap 15 years ago.. didnt work..

My wife is a pharm rep and sells a new drug called lialda. Maybe you should look into it as well. It's not pot, but from what she tells me it works great.

przcvctm

I'm going to assume I'm not on universal ignore and am going to give this question one more try.

Sun System I 400w hps ballast new out of the box. 15' lamp cord and new 5kv socket. The question is, do I cut the cord to the shortest length possible for my set up for the cord to reach from the ballast to the reflector ( I'm guessing 4-5 feet ), or, can I cut it longer than that to accommodate a change in set up if needed? If longer, how long can the cord be and still fire the CMH reliably?

simba

Sleeping Dragon
sorry prz.. didnt see ur Q..
leave at stock length and only cut if u have a prob, u shouldn't have to cut it..
if you have a advance ballast with remote igniter up to 50 feet
standard ignitor (99% of ballast boxs) 2-5 feet but we have no probs with 15' cords out there.. sun system is either the advance or universal ballast and they sell the L1501-h4 as the replacement and thats the Standard
so you should be good. if you want to go 20'+ get the L1504-J4

ccfa.or (UC chrons org) take on med pot for uc and C..
"The harmful side effects of marijuana far outweigh its potential benefits. In other words, until a new cannabinoid-based drug comes to market, don't go there."
Bastards what that means is wait untill they can PROFIT,
when we can grow for FREE>> again only thing to Prevent cancer in u after 10 years diagnosed automatic 50% if previous colon cancer in family 75%+ @ 10Yrs
Marinol doesnt work fully because its only THC>> but has no CBD's..
and thats what our colon needs. .eat, from raw to cured helps.. but if u smoking 70/30 u should be symptom free..

its the closest thing to a cure for it.. it fixes everything.. not exaggeration one bit. WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS.. like Rx Meds..
http://www.ccfa.org/about/news/medicalmarajuana

if you can still drink alc do it.. u wont after a bit longer (u mentioned u diaged 13 i was same and at 24 id say no more alc unless canna same night)

Last edited:
M

Microwido

Will CMH give you a tan? I swear it made my arms more tan the other day!

Just thought I would share.

simba

Sleeping Dragon
tan not really.. no.. no....
with that said.. its FULL SPD>>
and if you are indoors allot and then go under full spd (uv-ir) like cmh or Sun.. your skin will respond.. Really short version...

full time daddy
Veteran
Philips Standard or Pulse Start* Protected MasterColor® 150W Clear Universal Burning Position Ceramic Metal Halide ED-17P** Lamp w/ Medium Base, 4000K COOL WHITE Color, and CRI=92. (diameter 2 1/8", length 5 7/16"). Metal Halide Ballast (ANSI Code M102/M142) and Fixture (either Open or Enclosed) required. Sold Individually.

www.bulbs.com/eSpec.aspx?ID=9204&Ref=Metal+Halide&RefId=112&Ref2=High+Intensity+Discharge+(HID)

simba just wanted to get your thoughts on this...? i know you said it need a pulse start but on this web site it say's you can get it in either??

Last edited:
This is a bit off-topic, but I had to post it somewhere. I just came across a killer deal that I can't pass up. 400W Metal Halide Industrial Fixtures (as many as I want) for $30/ea. Ballast, bulb and all. I was planning on doing 2 400W CMH's in a DR120, and already have one of these setup and ready to go, but after running into this killer deal, I'm really considering getting a DR150 instead and running my 400W CMH in the center horizontally, and 2 400W Metal Halides on each side vertically in DIY cool tubes.

My other thought is to only use one of the MHs for now and run (CMH and MH) horizontally side-by-side.. not sure if this would accumulate weird growth, though. Suggestions?

I plan on replacing the bulbs for the MHs, and HomeDepot has Philips 400W ED37 MH Bulbs for $28-- 4000K color temp. Would these be suitable? Considering the price I'm getting for the fixtures, I just want to keep the MH setups cheap.. may just order some cheap bulbs from eBay. Any recommendations on cheap MH bulbs to accompany my 400W CMH?

This grow is 12/12 from rooted clone, btw. 5x5in pots w/ soil.

simba

Sleeping Dragon
00420, hmm.. i dunno.. bout that.. with that said.. MH 20-100 watt type have ignitor..
just check the ballast for the m102/m142 Code..
same bulb..(should lower there price if u found it matched)
http://advancedtechlighting.com/mhced17.htm

purpl.. whats the ballast code. for the 400 MHs they could be probe start and we do need pulse start.. if there m59 NOpes wont work if they are m172 or m155 they will work.. if the bulbs it takes is m400u nopes
honestly id rather go multi cmh over adding mh or current HPS's (few would increse the power the way another cmh would)

full time daddy
Veteran
simba said:
00420, hmm.. i dunno.. bout that.. with that said.. MH 20-100 watt type have ignitor..
just check the ballast for the m102/m142 Code..
same bulb..(should lower there price if u found it matched)
http://advancedtechlighting.com/mhced17.htm

lol... for the 150's there .22 cents cheaper becuz of shipping :muahaha: but thats not the reason i want to use bulbs.com i have a credit & Corporate Customers account with them and even get it cheaper then list price :headbange just thought it was kinda funny that they list theres as standered & pulse start.... i called venture lighting and they said that the light would run on my ballast fine it would just have a tuff time starting ( like it is know with my ushio 10k pulse start bulb) but it dose start up everytime...... i only veg with the 175's so they run 24/7 i only have to get them to start once :joint: now thats my next ? to you are the cmh able to run 24/7?