What's new

Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH)

staank

I believe the greenpower, elite, master color are all the same bulb. Google "315w CDM" and you should get some links to online bulb stores.

nodestar

I believe the greenpower, elite, master color are all the same bulb. Google "315w CDM" and you should get some links to online bulb stores.

Ok. I was under the impression that they were not the same bulb. And that the Agro/Green Power were different then the 930.

Early in the thread people were comparing the slightly different kelvin outputs (at least I thought, but maybe I'm remembering wrong) and the Green Power has a different Box.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44419&pictureid=1147647

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The standard 930 and the Agro are substantially different. I think that the Agro & the Greenpower are the same lamp.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

redclover

Talking to rep now. Kits will be available shortly. Here's an interesting vid on why he doesn't prefer the Agros http://youtu.be/5cHR6tpu99k

The kit will come with philips electric ballast wired for 120v and a bulb...no socket (which you'll have to splice)

I'm trying to get to the bottom of which are the best bulbs for bloom. The elite 930 ed37 or the Agro PG bulbs.

adilerr

Where can you get a 930 ed37 bulb from?

And I don't understand how the video shows "why he doesn't prefer the Agros" :confused:
Are you saying the EX39 bulbs don't have UV blocking?

redclover

Where can you get a 930 ed37 bulb from?

And I don't understand how the video shows "why he doesn't prefer the Agros" :confused:
Are you saying the EX39 bulbs don't have UV blocking?

This guy is misinforming me. When I check the specs...greenpowers have more uvb and uvc, but much less UVA (which is a good thing). I give the slight edge to the Agros.

The ex39 bulbs are on the advancedtech site. They're very close in specs and cheaper. Both are great bulbs.

I asked him about the UV block and never got a reply. I'm guessing it's blocking out the bad UVA....according to sheets.

sprinkl

Veteran
The standard 930 and the Agro are substantially different. I think that the Agro & the Greenpower are the same lamp.

Philips says the agro gives more blue light for sturdier plants in low light levels(2-3000 lux, greenhouses for vegetables) and the greenpower less blue light which should be enough at higher light levels(>3000 lux) and more "growth light"(I suppose PAR rating or effective lumens)

adilerr

redclover - they have the 942 in EX39 format, not the 930 - haven't seen any site that list the 930 in EX39 format (including Philips), so i'm back to my original assumption = they don't exist (yet).

redclover

redclover - they have the 942 in EX39 format, not the 930 - haven't seen any site that list the 930 in EX39 format (including Philips), so i'm back to my original assumption = they don't exist (yet).

Very observant to notice that in sea of confusion and horrible site design. Guess that just narrowed down my bulb options.

SB7

rives (et al) if you had a 400W CMH setup, would you switch to the 315W ? ( I have 3 400W bulbs left).
I've read through the thread but am still undecided.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never used the 400w, so I can't honestly say. I know that Azeotrope was very impressed with the improvement of the 315w over the 400w, but whether or not it would be worth changing over while you still have new lamps left? I think that I'd probably run them out and change once the lamps are done - the prices on the 315s have come down a bunch in the last couple of years, and hopefully will continue dropping for a bit. Of course, there is the siren call of new gear.......