What's new

Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH)

Researcher

T-5 bulb comparison between Philips red & blue with 3 & 6.5K "regular" bulbs.

No stretch on my seedlings under these lights,

Old Yeller,

Thanks for the comparison photos! They really show the difference between the bulbs.

Very nice looking buds in your previous post especially under the purple light. Looks like I might have to try the red and blue phosphorescent t-5 bulbs along with a cmh. :smokeit:

Good to see this thread going, Simba you are doing a great job. The skeptics can keep posting, while I and everyone else will still be growing strong with their 400 w CMH bulbs. This bulb kicks ass!

mg75

According to the .PDF, they claim that only the GE Utramax Unit is suitable for the 400 watt CMH... I am using mine with a regular magnetic 400 watt HPS ballast (high yield lighting)

will my bulb rapture? lower life?

onegreenday

Veteran
According to the .PDF, they claim that only the GE Utramax Unit is suitable for the 400 watt CMH... I am using mine with a regular magnetic 400 watt HPS ballast (high yield lighting)

please quote that info here.

I use 400 cmh with core & coil........

Researcher

MG75,

The GE Ultramax is the only electronic ballast that will run the 400 watt CMH. It runs at a lower frequency than other electronic ballasts.

From what I've read on this thread the regular magnetic HPS ballast is the cheap and safe way to go.

onegreenday

Veteran
for $65 you can experiment with
'white light' in your grow and see
how u like your lady's bounty
cheap experiment & much knowledge....

perp

Great thread, have been following it for some time now. Also been running a 400W CMH from Advancetech lighting for last 2 grows. Great results, can't fault it.

Discovered 600W sunpulse CMH for sale in the UK!!!!

Link
http://www.hydroponics.co.uk/Sunpulse-Retro-Magnetic-Ceramic-Metal-Halide-Lamps-Product-1200.html

I am wondering if this is the same technology as my trusted 400. The site offers little information as to spectrum, lumens etc.

Anyone else seen these bulbs / have experience with them?

peace

:joint:

simba

Sleeping Dragon
sunpulse LMFAO> What a load.!!>>>

sunpules lamps are re branded and Chinese Copies..
Fancy new Terms..
they call there lamps High pressure metal halide AKA For the rest of us Metal Halide Pulse Start..(primarly)
in reality at best they are the EYE hortilux Blue wich we all know and has been stated by EYE the Philips CMH 4k is better.. (for a one bulb)
i will say snpulse does have some cmh but they wont call it cmh within that some are philips some are others..

THERE IS NO 600+ Watt CMH availbe to the market there is only one company with them and i KNOW FOR A FACT they are not sold to consumers there is one usa supplier and thats adv tech and they dont sell or list or any thing about it to the consumer market..>
(maybe they will later but honestly its not horti suited (SPD) Yet..(well its ok, better than any thing else but still..to that i have seen 600, 1kw hps swapped out for = wattage cmh and more harvest with better quality
aka bigger is not allways better..
as i keep saying and see it with large ops that switch
if u use 600 or 1kw HPS u can use 400 cmh with same or better results. (using = wattage or bit more if exanding op size)

to SP again a lil hint a company that doesnt release the mfr and or part number is not in it for your best interestes they are trying to make you think you need that special technology from them when its avail everywhere else with more info being shared..

CMH is CMH theres no other name for it any where by any one respected in any part of the lighting feild. .any other name means either hiding its cmh from others or trying to sell it as new technology.. High presure metal halide Dam still ROFLMAO f-in companies try to trick customers.. WHY??

lets go over that lamp above..
if you read and look at it its a MH lamps.. thats fact jack you can tell by the arc tube it is qaurtz.. if it was ceramic...... it could claim CMH.
THat is outright false advertising..

aslo funny note it says.
Ultraviolet light, produced by the 10K lamp is good for provoking herbs like basil, sage and mint to produce more flavour and essential oils.
So that tells me its Definitly not Full spd.. nor CMH..
what gives cmh the advantage over MH is its higher lumen maint (huge issue) and has Fuller SPD>>
I could go on a few rants about them but CMH Is CMH and you only want the PROTECTED VERSIONS>> and not copies (some do make copies Bad bad bad)

image.php

Latest posts

Latest posts