What's new

Celtics VS Lakers: Championship Bout 2010!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Doubt it. They just came out flat, and were maybe taken aback by the Laker's aggressiveness.

H

Hal

i wonder if the talk about Thibodeau geting a head coaching job in Charlotte (or maybe Chicago!?!) played a little part in the Celts performance?

Not too likely. The Celtics this year have had a bad habit of playing like shit coming off a long layoff.

This first game was almost certainly an aberration, I would expect to see better play from the Celts from here on.

The refs calling the game so tight impacted the Celts badly, took away the physical nature of the Celtics game. Ray Allen never gets in foul trouble.

Lakers for sure came showing added toughness, too. This series is gonna be a banger.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
long layoff do break rhythm....

cmon Sunday hurry up!!!!

Jalisco Kid

Loved to see Kobe drive on them,if they can not stop that the celtics are toast. Refs called it evenly,Odom had 3 quick and fouls put Kobe on the bench for a while. My apprentice is a long time celtic fan,man do I love to hear his trash talk silenced. I have seen us choke too many times so I will wait until the fat lady sings, then he is going to hear shit until the Chargers take the field. Suerte JK

Work2much

Lakers are just flat out better now then 08, kinda obvious. The Celts are still damn good, but KG is about 50% of what he was then while Kobe is playing GOAT level basketball. The Celts calling cards are their defense and physicality, both categories the Lakers beat them in last night.

Lakers on 6.

H

Hal

Loved to see Kobe drive on them,if they can not stop that the celtics are toast.

Interesting that you say that...most of the analysis I've seen on Celtics blogs about how badly our interior defenders performed, especially in the rebounding dept, was that it was really the fault of the Celtic guards not staying in front of their man.

Once the Lakers guards drove past the Celtic guards the Celtic bigs had to collapse in help defense which allowed the Lakers guards to either dish off to their bigs or get fouled by the Celtics bigs. Additionally, it allowed the Lakers bigs to get mucho offensive rebounds (Gasol had 8 by himself), and that never works out well for the other team.

I bet that doesn't happen again. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Rondo and Allen are quality defenders. Maybe they need to funnel penetrators to their weak hand, to slow down the play by tenths of a second, enough for a help defender to get there?

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

just wanted to make sure we have everything ready for game 2

H

Hal

Something wasn't quite right with Rondo last night, I noticed early on that he was letting his man get past him, almost looked like he was letting it happen so he could slap the ball away from behind.

Most folks were commenting today that Rondo seemed to be tired from the get-go. And, KG, sheesh, don't know what was up with him. He got interviewed after the game, and he said that he totally played like horseshit. Doc Rivers also said that KG isn't hurt, which many Celtic fans were suggesting was the problem.

I think KG will come out on fire next game. I think the whole Celtic team will come out on fire.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Rondo has been having back issues lately. Seeing him lying on a floor with a heat pad on his back is never a good sign.
Maybe the Celtics need to give up the outside shot to cut off the driving lanes. Kobe will get his from wherever, but the other Lakers can shoot their team out of a game, as has happened in these playoffs before.

mcattak

So IF the Lakers lose at some point I will make sure to come on here and talk about Bynum's knee, Kobe's finger and knee or Phil's hip...

No excuses, the Lakers weren't at full strength in 2008..No Bynum and ariza coming back from injury..

mc

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
doc is smooth
was a great player too... great leader

im so glad the Lakers got Artest.....

Rondo started not looking right when he rammed his chest into Artest elbow. His reaction was priceless. I'm pretty sure there is a dent there now.

Latest posts

Latest posts