What's new

CBD strain recommendations? (1% thc or less)

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
CBD #1 from Ace is a great plant if you like cannatonic terpenes, definetly very tasty !
It s been widely appreciated among friends who grow it now, and the few phenos we grow were defintely on the very high cbd very low thc.

goingrey

Anyone tried Enectaliana from Enecta? EU certified CBD strain.

Pretty low potency, 6% CBD. And monoecious. :eek:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
It s been widely appreciated among friends who grow it now
Same here. I have shared more cuts of the plant I keep from this strain, than I have shared from any of my other keepers before. Including my mother, and 2 of my neighbours. Hard to beat the cannatonic taste especially grown in a good organic soil mix.

Mahalo85

Anyone know of any good strains that are very low thc and high cbd? So far I have seen CBD1 from Ace seeds and Mazar CBD from dutch passion, anyone tried those? . I am looking for something with a nice taste/smell, possibly as good as regular flower in that regard, since I've heard many strains are hemp based and don't have good terpenes/taste etc.

Any suggestions welcome
Charlottes Angel [Dutch passion] and Cosmos F1 from RQS are really good cbd only strains 🌿

early_bird

Veteran
Juanita La Lagrimosa - Flowering Day 40

Smells like an Orange :)
Like the resin production, very good for an Sativa.
2024-06-11 09.07.16.jpg

goingrey

Personally I don’t mind this particular strain is a really good F1 hybrid, heavy yielder and the smell is super good on this one [cookies and cream] 😇
Nice, that sounds just like what I'm looking for. Maybe I'll try it at some point. But at 16 euro per seed I'd sure like to keep a cut. :D

So next round I will try these instead..

c.jpg

Mahalo85

Nice, that sounds just like what I'm looking for. Maybe I'll try it at some point. But at 16 euro per seed I'd sure like to keep a cut. :D

So next round I will try these instead..
Excellent choice, love this strain; very fruity! Make sure to take a couple of clones. I’ve just ordered some Dancehall seeds [regular] for my next project. I would love to cross a male Dancehall cbd plant with a Maui Wowie 🌿

goingrey

c.jpg

And here straight off the drying rack, CBDenergy from Paradise Seeds. Harvested early because of some late nanners. Low yield. Gives off quite a bit of vapor from a small amount, cannabinoid content could be pretty good. Generic fruity weed taste. Ok but no keeper, the search continues..

gedLang

I've mentioned it in other threads, but I would definitely recommend taking a look at buying direct from American breeders for CBD strains. In 2018 or so the US changed laws around hemp production, which legalized the sale of CBD flower with less than 0.3% THC (with some grey area around THCA). That kicked off a small boom industry of online sales of CBD flower and people started breeding for high CBD and low THC. At first the available genetics were usually things mentioned in this thread, like cannatonic, harletsu, brandy wine, etc. But it has dramatically improved since then and none of the commercial growers really grow these original strains anymore.

Here are some CBD breeders to check out, some of them ship overseas:
east fork cultivars
oregon cbd (sold through GTR)
Hoku seed co
high alpine genetics
flow gardens

Most of these places sell CBD flower as well, so you can actually try the end product before investing the time to grow it out. You'll also find some interesting CBG and CBDV varieties as well as some strains with fairly high CBC. All worth taking a look at.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I've mentioned it in other threads, but I would definitely recommend taking a look at buying direct from American breeders for CBD strains. In 2018 or so the US changed laws around hemp production, which legalized the sale of CBD flower with less than 0.3% THC (with some grey area around THCA). That kicked off a small boom industry of online sales of CBD flower and people started breeding for high CBD and low THC. At first the available genetics were usually things mentioned in this thread, like cannatonic, harletsu, brandy wine, etc. But it has dramatically improved since then and none of the commercial growers really grow these original strains anymore.

Here are some CBD breeders to check out, some of them ship overseas:
east fork cultivars
oregon cbd (sold through GTR)
Hoku seed co
high alpine genetics
flow gardens

Most of these places sell CBD flower as well, so you can actually try the end product before investing the time to grow it out. You'll also find some interesting CBG and CBDV varieties as well as some strains with fairly high CBC. All worth taking a look at.
Noted, thank you very much for the educated recommendation. It's hard to find the quality stuff when all that's pushed here in Europe are the bottom of the barrel autofem banks. Any strains that you grew yourself that you would recommend? And also, do any of these breeders focus on different THC:CBD ratios? Or are those you listed all low THC only?

Last edited:

gedLang

I am new to growing cannabis and the only vendor above I've grown seed from is Hoku (I think I posed a pic earlier in this thread). I've been vaping CBD and mixed ratio flower predominantly for a few years now, so I've had all of those vendors' products in flower form over time (though grown by various different companies). There is also a reddit community r/hempflowers that is mostly for people buying CBD flower online, but also has some folks growing and showing. It's reddit, so there are shills, hype and other weirdness going on but mostly I think it is a good resource.

All of those vendors except East Fork do mixed ratio seeds, I think Hoku and Oregon have the most. Those two are also interested in the varins (CBDV and THCV) and CBG so they have a variety of combinations with all of that.

Oregon is a serious breeder; I know I've seen their breeder post here on ICMag about breeding science topics. Very consistant lines that were very foundational for the US scene.

Hoku is all over the map. It's just one guy who must be working his ass off, but he has tons of seeds that are basically pollen chucking as well as some worked/refined lines and just lots of very odd stuff (Nigerian ducksfoot, Russian landraces, etc.). So the quality is up and down, but I have really loved some of his stuff. The OZ Haze I posted above is a 50-50 THC/CBD hybrid and is some of my favorite flower.

High Alpine is a good sweet spot between creativity and consistency. I'm going to grow out his Pink Pineapple at some point and will do a log here. It has a soft nutmeg flavor that's not like anything I've had before and it provides a very relaxed, "Everything is ok", low anxiety feeling to me.

goingrey

c.jpg

CBDrelax from Paradise Seeds. Really vigorous grower with nice big buds, even on the lowers, not rock hard but I think would weigh down nicely even on the scales. One was a full blown herm on flip but the ones that were kept didn't put out any nanners later on even when some plants from other strains did. Kind of a generic weed taste and I don't think it is as "potent"/resinous as the CBDenergy but I'll keep this one around until I find something better because of how it grows.