What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD strain recommendations? (1% thc or less)

elfo7

Anyone know of any good strains that are very low thc and high cbd? So far I have seen CBD1 from Ace seeds and Mazar CBD from dutch passion, anyone tried those? . I am looking for something with a nice taste/smell, possibly as good as regular flower in that regard, since I've heard many strains are hemp based and don't have good terpenes/taste etc.

Any suggestions welcome

revegeta666

Anyone know of any good strains that are very low thc and high cbd? So far I have seen CBD1 from Ace seeds and Mazar CBD from dutch passion, anyone tried those? . I am looking for something with a nice taste/smell, possibly as good as regular flower in that regard, since I've heard many strains are hemp based and don't have good terpenes/taste etc.

Any suggestions welcome
Buenas @elfo7 welcome to the forum. I have grown a few CBD1 plants from ace, and was very happy with the results. I saved a great mom and I am growing my last 5 seeds right now to see if I find another good one. The ones that leaned towards the cannatonic side have citric smell/taste. The more indica ones had more traditional spicy/hashy flavour. Taste is definitely on par with well known normal weed, like sour diesel for example. The effect is great and they are very resinous so ideal for extractions too. My plants tested between 1-1.5% THC.

This is the first decent CBD strain I have encountered as I grew some strains when european repackaging companies started to sell them several years ago. Was very disappointed especially in the dinamed by dinafem which was like smoking hay, and the charlotte's whatever the name is, by dutch passion, that tasted like ass nutella, and had more bananas than female flowers. I would stay away from companies like these.

Never grew CBD "hemp" plants but from what I've heard some of them taste great.

goingrey

Great idea for a thread. Very interested as I've been vaping and smoking some (ok, a lot of) bought CBD bud but want to grow my own instead for obvious reasons.

Paradise Seeds has six different options: CBDelight, CBDream, CBDivine, CBDrelax, CBDrelief, and CBDenergy. I am growing two of them (CBDenergy and CBDrelax) at the moment but early days so can't say much yet.

Dutch Passion has CBD Charlotte's Angel in addition to the CBD Mazar, I think @blondie grew it recently, and two autos CBD Auto Charlotte's Angel and CBD Auto Blackberry Kush.

Royal Queen Seeds has Tatanka Pure CBD, Joanne's CBD, Cosmos F1, and the autos Purplematic CBD and Solomatic CBD.

FastBuds has CBD 20:1 Auto.

CBD Crew has CBD Therapy.

These are the ones I'm aware of available in Europe but there should be even more options in America.

goingrey

Dinafem Dinamed was the first stabilized type III (low THC high CBD) drug strain available as seeds from what I remember but any packs still around will be pretty old stock by now, caveat emptor.

goingrey

Oh yeah and Sensi Seeds has Alpine Delight CBD Automatic.

@ZöldlombLegolas has a grow of it going along with the Fast Buds strain in the Hungarian forum:

ResinReef

high,
have grown a few of the mentioned strains myself.
the rqs tatanka pure is not so bad, in terms of growth ( more indica hybrid structure )
and flower. but the taste is very nutty, which is often the case with very low thc ( 0.3%) strains from seed.
Dinafem cbd kush and dinamed not available any more, ... got the purple kush as auto and made s1 and crosses with it , which turned out not so bad.

a very good from seed i had was candida cd1 . rich in cbd and nice tasting and mooding, but always some nanners and also seems not available anymore.
also good was cannabis light from ministry ... made some crosses with it , and still got a cut of one keeping.
others are solodiol , dr greenman and sir jack pure cbd
if u r limited to buy in europe , look out for swiss breeders like one premium ( if i got that right ) or fenocan.
they are pretty common and u should be able to get your hands on them

from what i've heared from over the sea and if you are able to get clones, look for cherry wine, or something like that. the legal market should have something for you that produces good tasting flowers.

regards

revegeta666

high,
the rqs tatanka pure is not so bad, in terms of growth ( more indica hybrid structure )
and flower. but the taste is very nutty, which is often the case with very low thc ( 0.3%) strains from seed.
Dinafem cbd kush and dinamed not available any more, ... got the purple kush as auto and made s1 and crosses with it , which turned out not so bad.

a very good from seed i had was candida cd1 . rich in cbd and nice tasting and mooding, but always some nanners and also seems not available anymore.
also good was cannabis light from ministry ... made some crosses with it , and still got a cut of one keeping.
if u r limited to buy in europe , look out for swiss breeders like one premium ( if i got that right ) or fenocan.

from what i've heared from over the sea and if you are able to get clones, look for cherry wine, or something like that. the legal market should have something for you that produces good tasting flowers.

regards
What did your candidas taste like? I have them on my list.

ResinReef

hard to describe ... they always aged a bit in my hands;)
a bit diesel with some woody scents.. not too loud, so always no problem in a small pure spliff.
would also like to try that strain again.
edit. but they lean and look very much sativa and not like the commercial stuff from austria and switzerland

goingrey

high,

regards
Hey this Fenocan is a great tip, thanks. Some of their strains sound really good, like Fenocheese!

Seems like the One Premium brand is maybe out of business?

Elf777

Thanks everyone for the info, seems like I posted with the wrong account 😂. Anyway, I just learned about Hoku seeds and OZ kush and I am very tempted to buy it. I am in Europe and the shipping is outrageously expensive, but the seeds are cheap and good quality from what I’ve heard. Its not easy to find smoke reports of cbd plants with low thc.

Also still tempted by mazar cbd but I keep hearing how bad they are and they are also expensive. However at one time I grew a mazar seed (wasnt labeled, not sure if it was DP) many years ago that was the best smoke I ever had, it kinda tasted like spices, cookies and lemon. If the cbd mazar is anything close I will probably like it.

I also have grown dinamed and was dissappointed too. Not terrible but not great. Still searching for my fav cbd strain, but I haven’t grown many of them. Nowadays I want to avoid thc so I’ll keep searching for a good one.

revegeta666

Its not easy to find smoke reports of cbd plants with low thc.
Yeah threads like this would be useful if there were more opinions from people who actually grew the strains instead of just copying and pasting the first strain names from a google search.

one time I grew a mazar seed (wasnt labeled, not sure if it was DP
Mazar-i-shariff is just the name of a city in Afghanistan and there's several seed banks selling mazar and balkhi seeds.

I also have grown dinamed and was dissappointed too
Yeah not great. Not surprising coming from dinafem. If you're interested here's a few strains that I was recommended by a spanish breeder friend on Instagram, who actually grew them, and whose opinion I trust. In case you want to look them up. His ig handle is @druidixbotanix

Ringo's gift
Harlequin
AC/DC
Tsunami
Harle-Tsu
Canna-Tsu
Pennywise
Charlotte's WEB
Candida cd1
Juanita la lagrimosa

Those are the ones on my list. Some of them are related. There's a popular Juanita cut in Spain which is the one being used by repackaging bulk/autofembanks, I think I might be able to get it in the future.

Edit - I also grew Cannatonic by Resin Seeds and it was one of the tastiest strains I have grown. CBD1 was made with this one. Sadly of the 5 plants I had, none of them seemed to be high CBD / low THC. They were actually quite potent. Very enjoyable nonetheless. The chemotype in CBD 1 seems to have been better stabilised.

Last edited:

NOREGRETZ

cbd#1 and cbd#5 from ace, medikit from buddhaseeds, la rica cbd from elite seeds.. delicius seeds, medical seeds, fenocan.
If you ask me, I would choose some variety of these banks, it's just a matter of knowing what ratio of CBD and THC you need.
I would stay away from dutch passion, sweet seed or cbd crew

Latest posts

Latest posts