What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD PREVENTS COVID INFECTIONS

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
If CBD prevented infection, then none of the CBD takers would have been infected. This was not the case. Epileptic kids on CBD were slightly less likely to have been tested positive than those not on CBD. Fine. But epileptic kids on CBD do not represent other population groups. Were the epileptic kids on CBD more, or less likely than the epileptic kids not on CBD to have been tested? (go to the hospital, get tested first thing - don't go to the hospital, don't get tested) Such fundamental logic questions go unanswered.

How are 80 mg/kg intraperitoneal injections in mice relevant to humans? Why would the authors choose this? They don't try to find what happens under normal conditions. Why show that huge amounts of CBD in the blood have an effect on individual cells if you can show that something happens when normal people living normal lives take affordable doses of CBD orally or by inhalation? Why couldn't they do the latter instead? Because scientists don't get paid to say that all that money resulted in nothing?
It didn't stop Charlotte from succumbing to the disease. :( Mind you, Charlotte was tremendously compromised after all the years of fighting her severe epilepsy. Her little body simply couldn't stand the "pressure" so to speak. RIP Charlotte :)

pjlive

The original article is paper at the bottom of that site... But basically low purity (either other counteractive contents or actual CBD content as low as 0.3%), not enough CBD reaching the infected tissues from orally administrable products, and concerns about lung damage from smokable/vapeable products.

Although many CBD and CBD-containing products are available on the market, they vary vastly in quality, CBD content, and their pharmacokinetic properties after oral administration, which are mostly unknown. CBD is quite hydrophobic and forms large micellar structures that are trapped and broken down in the liver, thereby limiting the amount of drug available to other tissues after oral administration. Inactive carriers and formulation adjuvants have a significant impact on clinically obtainable concentrations. As CBD is widely sold as a preparation in an edible oil, we analyzed flavored commercial hemp oils and found a CBD content of only 0.30% in a representative sample (fig. S22). The purity of CBD and the chemical composition of the materials labeled as CBD are also important, especially in light of our findings suggesting that other cannabinoids such as THC might act to counter CBD antiviral efficacy. This essentially eliminates the feasibility of marijuana serving as an effective source of antiviral CBD, in addition to issues related to its legal status. Last, other means of CBD administration such as vaping and smoking raise additional concerns about potential lung damage.
I feel this is a BIG issue.

I'll add too, that I don't know how many of you are working to perfect your own oral route products, but my personal experience has taught me that my liver is processing and utilizing MUCH MORE than what literature has to say about it. In many cases no heat based decarboxylation is necessary to achieve maximum positive effects.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts