What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cbd crew for panic, anxiety, psychosis

donb5

Somehow I don't have the edit button on my posts in this subforum.

I had meant to say, comustal, that there are limited strains out there (the drug variety that produces lots of resin) that are almost all CBD; they have less that a fraction of 1% THC.

Of course there are many fiber strains (hemp) that have little THC and relatively high CBD, but they typically produce much less oil or resin. I believe hemp is legal to grow in some EU countries and Canada. Don't know if getting CBD from a hemp strain is a reasonable thing for an individual. There is a MMJ company called Dixie, selling in Colorado that produces CBD capsules and the CBD is obtained from hemp waste.

Hope u find what ur after
donb5

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day comustal

I sampled the Resin Seeds La Sanadora 1:1 pheno in Barcelona .
My buddy have been hyping it for some time , so I was keen to try it myself .
The onset of the effect was very different . No head buzz . I 1st felt it in my shoulders and arms then it traveled in a wave toward my legs and feet . My body was relaxed in a cpl of minutes . My head seemed to actually clear from the high THC varieties I had earlier in the day .
On another occasion I was with a group of people . A substantial stash of Cannatonic [1:1pheno] was being shared around . One toker asked what we were smoking ? When he was told it was a 1:1 pheno he declined a puff . He said from his experience, it straightened him up and counter acted the high of his personal stash .

PS I could smell Haze in the Cannatonic ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .

donb5

G`day comustal

I sampled the Resin Seeds La Sanadora 1:1 pheno in Barcelona .
My buddy have been hyping it for some time , so I was keen to try it myself .
The onset of the effect was very different . No head buzz . I 1st felt it in my shoulders and arms then it traveled in a wave toward my legs and feet . My body was relaxed in a cpl of minutes . My head seemed to actually clear from the high THC varieties I had earlier in the day .
On another occasion I was with a group of people . A substantial stash of Cannatonic [1:1pheno] was being shared around . One toker asked what we were smoking ? When he was told it was a 1:1 pheno he declined a puff . He said from his experience, it straightened him up and counter acted the high of his personal stash .

PS I could smell Haze in the Cannatonic ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Not even a hi?? Elmer (building up count)

comustal

hhmm interesting :) so the stoned didnt want the 1/1 ratio cannatonic because it would kill his buzz? hhmm sounds promesing :) and the no head high strains is exactly what I am searching for, body a little body buzz i dont mind :)

but I have kinda trust in the cbd crew seeds, they test them and say that they are stable, or is it a marketing sceam?

The Hatter

Veteran
Not everyone reacts the same way to CBD. I suffer from anxiety and bipolar amongst other things and I definitely do not seem to respond well to CBD. Unlike what many others have reported, it has an inebriating effect on me, although it is notably different than THC's. To me, CBD feel's more like a GABA agonist such as a benzodiazapine or even alcohol although it's weaker than either of those. Similar to those drugs CBD also causes me problems. I tend to become listless, moody and depressed after smoking high CBD strains and extremely disorientated if I smoke a typical Indica strain which has very high THC content along with some CBD.

I'm not absolutely certain CBD is the culprit as I have never had CBD completely by itself but it seems the most likely cause as all the high CBD strains I have tried are like this with the exception of Juanita La Grimosa. Cannabis always comes with a wide mix of cannabanoids in it so I can only make an educated guess that CBD is the problem. It is also plausible that there is another less well known Cannabinoid causing the issue and it just happens to be commonly found along side CBD.

To make a long story short, I think it varies from person to person. I recommend finding one that works for you by trying as many strains as possible, particularly oddball land race strains with unusual cannabanoid profiles. The other piece of advice I would give anyone trying to treat mental illness with cannabis is that less is more. Keep your dosages low and you will tend to fair better. Then again, this too varies from person to person but I tend to see people smoking too much rather than too little.

Personally, I find a good upbeat, clear-headed sativa tends to work well. I've learned just to stay away from Indicas as more often than not they are going to leave me in a dysphoric, listless funk. A good sativa on the other hand will make me more social and inspire me to get up and do something so long as I don't overdue it. Just a couple of puffs will do the job.

comustal

hmm, thanks for your story buy I have read a lot of research that suggests CBD is good against mental diseasses. have you taken a pure cbd strain? of 1/1 ratio? or like hindu kush with 20% thc and 1 % cbd?

donb5

Not everyone reacts the same way to CBD. I suffer from anxiety and bipolar amongst other things and I definitely do not seem to respond well to CBD. Unlike what many others have reported, it has an inebriating effect on me, although it is notably different than THC's. To me, CBD feel's more like a GABA agonist such as a benzodiazapine or even alcohol although it's weaker than either of those. Similar to those drugs CBD also causes me problems. I tend to become listless, moody and depressed after smoking high CBD strains and extremely disorientated if I smoke a typical Indica strain which has very high THC content along with some CBD.

I'm not absolutely certain CBD is the culprit as I have never had CBD completely by itself but it seems the most likely cause as all the high CBD strains I have tried are like this with the exception of Juanita La Grimosa. Cannabis always comes with a wide mix of cannabanoids in it so I can only make an educated guess that CBD is the problem. It is also plausible that there is another less well known Cannabinoid causing the issue and it just happens to be commonly found along side CBD.

To make a long story short, I think it varies from person to person. I recommend finding one that works for you by trying as many strains as possible, particularly oddball land race strains with unusual cannabanoid profiles. The other piece of advice I would give anyone trying to treat mental illness with cannabis is that less is more. Keep your dosages low and you will tend to fair better. Then again, this too varies from person to person but I tend to see people smoking too much rather than too little.

Personally, I find a good upbeat, clear-headed sativa tends to work well. I've learned just to stay away from Indicas as more often than not they are going to leave me in a dysphoric, listless funk. A good sativa on the other hand will make me more social and inspire me to get up and do something so long as I don't overdue it. Just a couple of puffs will do the job.
Few reports similar to this, from what I've read anyway. I have smoked CBD weed (1:1) several times but have orally dosed on 0.25g of RSO around 15 - 20 times. I have to stay with my impression that I always found it mildy eurphoric & alerting. There's many reports I've seen with a similar ring.

donb5

If a person wants a very small buzz treating only treat anxiety or something like them, and is looking for the dominant CBD effect, I estimate they should aim for something like a 1:2 or 1:3 THC:CBD ratio. To produce that mix now I'd combine an oil made from a CBD Crew strain (about 1:1) with an oil from a high (~100%) THC strain. But when I get ahold of a good clone of >99%CBD, I'll have the ultimate flexibility to create different combinations of CBD & THC, in order to look for for the best mix for any situation or condition.

Also decarboxylation of THC and CBD is easier when each can be heated in it's own heating vessel (since they have significantly different temp boundaries for decarbing). But when decarbing the oil from a 1:1 CBD Crew strain there can only be single a heating vessel, and either THC decarbing must be stopped when it's complete and CBD decarbing will stop short of completion, or CBD decarb is allowed to complete and THC is taken beyond total decarb. to produce CBN as a degradation product from THC.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Oh man I wish I was a doctor I'd write a prescription of Chemdawg for you right now. I don't really grow but I get something called Chen Dog and it has severe couch lock. All you'll want to do is eat or sleep or watch TV. Great strain for anxiety.

comustal

haha thanks boober, for now i am only focusing on the CBD :) read a lot about anti psychotic and anti-anxiety properties of it :)

Hello, i have grown and smoked the cbd crew outdoor mix and the effects of these (presumably around even ratios of thc and cbd) medicinal plants are very mild buzz, higher alertness and no messing with your focus or concentration, very subtle indeed, at least for me. In other forum another grower have tried them for the anxiety reasons and found them useful for different purposes...

That sound promising!

This is great info here very informative, I think Isreal is doing some ground breaking experiments on isolating the CBD in a plant.

tosh.o

i have a panic disorder with severe anxiety and depression...CBD Nordle is excellent for pain issues (atleast with my body) but was far to clear of a high to have an impact on the symptoms i face...maybe i just love the "high" feeling from standard strains and would take a good Northern Lights or Afghani any day of the week...i find that Aurora Indica, Northern Lights, and White Rhino help far more for my anxiety than the CBD Nordle does...CBD Nordle is exceptionally clear, tastes very unique and definitely has some positive effects on pain and inflammation however i did not find is suited to me for my condition and tend now to only smoke it if I have some aches and pains, also i'm basing this experience on 7 female CBD Nordle plants, my #4 never rooted and she was the only one i liked as she had a light buzz and good flavor...i would never grow more than maybe 25% of my room with a CBD strain when testing initially as I ran with only CBD Nordle and was running low on smoke like NL that helps my condition...much love

The Hatter

Veteran
hmm, thanks for your story buy I have read a lot of research that suggests CBD is good against mental diseasses. have you taken a pure cbd strain? of 1/1 ratio? or like hindu kush with 20% thc and 1 % cbd?

I have had quite a few 1/1 and they have all caused me problems. Most people find tranquillizers calming. I become psychotic and violent on them. It just varies from person to person and those who are severely mentally ill have very different brain chemistry from "normal" folks. This is why I suggest trying a bunch of very different strains and finding what works for you.

I would like to try pure CBD in isolated form so I can judge it without a stew of other active ingredients muddying my impression of what it does. I'm still not completely certain it is the cause.

Very salient points. Everyone has different reactions to drugs, and dosage and mood are also important variables. Strangely, benzodiazepine-class drugs, even though they can sometimes increase my depression if I'm in a 'downward slump', are among the few that have their intended effects on me. I find this very unfortunate, because I intensely dislike the potential for dependence and severe withdrawal that comes with extended benzo usage. A lot of the common anti-depressants are either ineffective or can make me absolutely nuts and panicky. Narcotics, give me a lot of side effects, often cause me to become very alert and anxiety-prone, and may not even help with the pain, depending on the dosages. Though, as far as the pain issue goes, I have some admittedly mysterious and unusual pathology going on.

I've been running through a lot of strains trying to find a real keeper. I'm strongly considering trying out some CBD Crew strains to see if they provide good relief. I really like highly euphoric effects that result in a reduction of anxiety, pain, and depression. Sadly, it's something of a crapshoot finding that because many strains, which are marketed as having those specific effects, do not effect me that way, worsen my anxiety, or even worsen my pain. I haven't yet found what I would consider a truly worthy keeper.

:ying:

Rinse

Veteran
I really like highly euphoric effects that result in a reduction of anxiety, pain, and depression. Sadly, it's something of a crapshoot finding that because many strains, which are marketed as having those specific effects, do not effect me that way, worsen my anxiety, or even worsen my pain. I haven't yet found what I would consider a truly worthy keeper.

Pure Afghani hashish, because its very smooth and euphoric in effect, if you cant get any you may want to try some pure Affy cultivars like "Ancient Afghan" from Grindhouse or Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi.

Pure Afghani hashish, because its very smooth and euphoric in effect, if you cant get any you may want to try some pure Affy cultivars like "Ancient Afghan" from Grindhouse or Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi.

Thanks for the tip. Have had some euphoric Afghan-influenced strains. Haven't yet tried anything that's just pure Afghan. I looked for those two at my usual sources but didn't find them. Found a bunch of different "Afghan" strains, but I'm just not sure who's a reputable breeder or what might be a good choice. Guess I'll have to do a little extra research...

Rinse

Veteran
Thanks for the tip. Have had some euphoric Afghan-influenced strains. Haven't yet tried anything that's just pure Afghan. I looked for those two at my usual sources but didn't find them. Found a bunch of different "Afghan" strains, but I'm just not sure who's a reputable breeder or what might be a good choice. Guess I'll have to do a little extra research...

Yeah just look for an old skool line, theres alot of affy strains and hybrids out there and many are bred for max thc/yeild and can be quite tachycardic/disorientating in effect.
The older lines are far more balanced in the mind and wear off clean.

St. Phatty

I'm curious, for the members that find CBD strains to be helpful, what 'regular' (high THC) strains do you like ?

I pretty much like them all. Romulan is at the top of the list.

I'm about to try some of the CBD strains.

I think I've had something similar, in the form of sugar-cookies sold by Marc Boyer, one of the cannabis activists in BC.

He has an extraction method for the leaves that removes everything. Maybe it's the solvent.

Anyway, the net effect is super physically relaxing. I was smoking cigs at the time but for the 12 hours after I ate a part of the cookie, I had zero craving for the cigs. Totally relaxed.

I always wondered if the physical relaxing high I was experiencing was related to CBD.