What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD buds - are they worth it?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Customers frequently claim that CBD flower is beneficial. But it all relies on the CBD flower you smoke — terpene profiles and cannabinoid concentrations, for example, can have a significant impact on the effectiveness of CBD flower. Hemp flower is intrinsically more effective than other CBD delivery methods.
Give this person a Ceegar :biggrin: :good:

As folks know, I medicate and successfully I might add. All the strains in my medicine chest have all been selected, based on the aforementioned criteria. Think of CBD as the modern day gold rush, nothing more, nothing less. It was a way to circumvent regulations. Should cannabis be legal everywhere? Absolutely and twice on Sunday.

Cw was developed for Charlotte, she found relief in the oil (God bless her sole). Because it was touted as "the" strain, I gave it a whirl. 2 yrs in I still have 1/2oz. Doesn't work for me! It aggravates the bejesus out of me. OTOH the holly grail when it comes to a great strain, it has to be Dt IMHO. Why they (the Dutch) preserved the balance of 2/1 CBD/THC, even to this day while most of the market are looking for high THC. One gets you stoned the other cures/helps whatever ails you.

You hear me say Harlequin a lot. Well would it surprise you to find out it has a 2/1 ratio or 16/8. I make my own salve out of it for a multitude of applications.

I am not here to convert anyone, but in my humble opinion folks should a least know what the strains have to offer vice getting high. One has to know the deltas of different methods available to medicate one's self. Same medicine but differing effects on the method of consumption from:
  • orally;
    • raw flowers (yes they do work to 75%, ask me how I know);
    • decarboxilated flower ~ mari-pills, is the preferred method of medicating. It doesn't take 2-3hrs to feel the effects. My pills start kicking in around 20-30 min;
    • vaporized; and
    • combusted. Combustion will provide you with the whole entourage effect...
      • we make edibles from our PVB (previously vaped bud). So I would have to say that vaping will only get you to 35/40% effectiveness.
  • anally;
    • yes folks shy away from this particular method. Why?
    • Some say nothing happens... to that I simply say BS!
    • What is the difference, if any?
      • Mari-pills are processed by the liver
      • adding lecithin will increase the overall ease of absorption (the blood/fat barrier)
      • taken on an empty stomach, provides larger dividend s, as the liver is not task to filter what it filters after you have eaten
      • from the liver it then enters the blood stream
    • There is a major vein (don't remember the name (it's a moot point). Research the subject (it's that easy) for the medical explanation.
    • For some reason, this method will do it's voodoo, where it needs to do it's voodoo, in my case a back injury that dates back to '85. The head is mostly clear, but you can feel a tingling sensation, throughout your body and relief is felt within the hour, sooner if I toot (vape) to get there sooner.
    • A typical pill will last 6hrs (regardless of consumption method)
      • rising in intensity for the 1st 1.5-2hrs, plateauing for another 2, until it commences its decent.
        • However, this doesn't apply to Ringo's Gift, the highly sought after holly grail of CBD strains "extremely" popular by the Spanish night time crowd. Although touted as it doesn't cause couch lock (terpene profile) you will crash without warning at 4.5hrs in. Why is that?
        • Well the strain was developed for cancer patients to provide relief with what they are dealing with. An important part of healing the body, is sleep. It is said you heal better. Therefore, Ringo provides you with the euphoria to take your mind off things, not to mention become extremely gregarious/sociable, all while forgetting what ever ails you. Until, the crash! It is unavoidable and you will not know you have crashed. IOW, you don't feel it come on, akin to the crash felt, coming down from a "sugar high". In this case you simply pass out/fall asleep.
        • The 2/1 balance wasn't maintained in this strain. He chose a pheno to do a specific job and it does it very well. It's parents however had a balance ratio. ACDC is a 2/1 strain 20/10% CBD/THC.
        • Because of what I have learned on this journey, is that Ringo will not be part of my normal rotation. Will I kick him to the curb? Absolutely not! Why?
          • scarcity/rarity of Ringo's beans, makes this strain capable of serving a special purpose down the road, if said strain provides the relief required for whatever ails me, at that point in time.
          • knowing how my particular Endocannabidiol system works, I know how to take advantage of Ringo, should the need arise
        • However, the unwanted crash, pushes Ringo off to the side.
        • That being said... I won't toss my remaining 2 beans, and will grow her again, but I won't be chasing the beans down in the future. Why?
          • A lot of strains are over popularized, some grossly exaggerated at times
          • Did it delivers the good?
          • Yes/no
          • It was touted for its CBD, which it has, however the crash (although useful, as explained herein) is simply something I don't or wouldn't want on a daily basis (unless warranted e.g cancer, or some other deliberating ailment). Which brings to mind the following:
            • Who is growing, would be growing my girls?
            • Both ACDC, and Harlequin are readily available in my neck of the woods.
1QSLdQ5.jpg

Because my strains, which are readily available, with positive attributes, trumps Ringo's unwanted crash, rendering the later a non starter, unless the crash is what you seek/need in the end.

The main medicine found in Ringo comes from Harlequin, derived from its main terpenes, which are:
  • Alpha Pinene;
  • Myrcene; and
  • Beta Caryophylene
These are the majors, of course other profiles (terpenes) play minor role s, but are necessary for the entourage effect (the plant as a whole) is no longer capable of providing because some of these minor important profiles were bred out, to some extent, in favour of other phenos with a different characteristic/profile. There is absolutely no problem/argument there. One size doesn't fit all, the gist, is there is a strain out there with your name on it. Unfortunately, it requires to start at the beginning.
  • Harlequin is:
    • anti oxydant;
    • anti inflamation;
    • muscle spasms;
    • Pain (big one);
    • Insomia. A function of Beta Caryophylene...
  • Sedating;
  • Relaxing;
  • Boost THC;
  • Anti septic;
  • anti bacterial;
  • anti fungal; The last 2 are also properties of propylene glycol in vaping and used for the aforementioned reasons, in hospitals air circ. systems with concentrations up to 10%. As a vaper (since 2010), I can attest to that, I haven't had a cold since. The function of Myrcene.
  • Memory retention; and
  • alertness, a function of Alpha Pinene
Two minor profiles but major players in the "total" effect are:
  • Terpinolene; and
  • Eucalyptol
That is just one strain still, I can provide reasons for what is contained in my medicine chest. It is simply what works for me. Considering our current situation, I doubt things would what can be called "semi-normal" without my meds. I simply reach out, knowing full well ahead of time that selection G (only because I didn't want to say strain X) :) will get me where I need to be. The rest is totally inconsequential. Use whatever works for you or floats your boat:)

ETA: The wife and I were discussing this last night, the crash. When considering its large use with the "night scene" in Spain, one can reasonably assume that the evening starts at around 10-11pm, then tack on the 4.5hrs of bliss before the crash. Well, its time for bed anyway. Hence the popularity.

Some folks shy away from CBD, because they are the 1st (CBD components) to attach to your receptors, followed by THC. Folks would rather have it the other way around. It simply not how or why it works that way. The 2/1 ratio plays a very important role in this scenario.

Last edited:

packsmen

The bag volume for such a high price doesn't impress me, man. I'd try to find another dealer if I were you. I think this guy wants to rip you off and thinks you're stupid. Buds are certainly a more precious product than just dried weed, but it's not worth giving too much for it. You might as well buy more weed from another dealer and not stress about CBD buds. I can even relax with cbd tea or ointment if I want, but that's my personal preference. I don't want to impose my opinion on you. Just wanted to warn you about the trickiness of the dealer you contacted. I haven't contacted individuals who aren't tied to legitimate stores in a long time. I buy from the same place and have no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I have personally found Bekka Valley Lebanese crosses to be much nicer than Harlequin and Cannatonic. Moderate THC, moderate CBD works very well for me.

I have also purchased and found great results by vaping small amounts of pure CBD alongside my regular THC cannabis use. ;)

goingrey

Well, in general, I think that something cool can come out of not only CBD bugs.
And what is olej,dude? I think I heard this word from my friend.
Olej Czech/Polish for oil. "CBD oil" is hempseed/sunflower/whatever oil infused with CBD, usually at a 5%, 10%, or 15% concentration.

Old Piney

Here in the states you can mail order CBD flower fairly cheap ,although I prefer to grow my own just because. All the CBD flower I've tried smokes up like hay , but it tastes great when vaped. It has an very relaxing efect when vaped but does not last long .I make canna oil with it and coconut oil it's a really great fast pain relieving topical but also dosen't last long. But if you eat it it last hours

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

I've heard a lot of hemp is harvested early, to stay within the ignorant legislations dictating allowable THC levels.

You get the same shorter effect time as any other early harvested cannabis. ;)

Old Piney

I've heard a lot of hemp is harvested early, to stay within the ignorant legislations dictating allowable THC levels.

You get the same shorter effect time as any other early harvested cannabis. ;)
I wish I could harvest late and the CBD effect would last longer unfortunately it make no difference. My mature CBD flower might not be legal “ hemp” ,it might be .5% instead of the legal .3% it still won't get anyone high.Calling these strains hemp or industrial hemp is just silly .Hemp is for fiber or seed .These strains are truly CBD drug strain cannabis , they have between 8 to 20% CBD

Last edited:

goingrey

I wish I could harvest late and the CBD effect would last longer unfortunately it make no difference. My mature CBD flower might not be legal “ hemp” ,it might be 5% instead of the legal 3% it still won't get anyone high.Calling these strains hemp or industrial hemp is just silly .Hemp is for fiber or seed .These strains are truly CBD drug strain cannabis , they have between 8 to 20% CBD
So when do you harvest your CBD flower? When the trichomes are cloudy or..?

goingrey

It is cannabis, you harvest at peak cannabinoid and terpene levels. About 5 to 15% amber.
That is good advice for THC strains as you get a more well-rounded effect even though I believe you have gone beyond peak potency and terpene levels at that point.

But I'm wondering if it is so for CBD strains as there is no comparable psychoactive effect to "round out" and also from what I understand CBD doesn't degrade as easily so how does that play into the ambering?

Old Piney

Here in the states you can mail order CBD flower fairly cheap ,although I prefer to grow my own just because. All the CBD flower I've tried smokes up like hay , but it tastes great when vaped. It has an very relaxing efect when vaped but does not last long .I make canna oil with it and coconut oil it's a really great fast pain relieving topical but also dosen't last long. But if you eat it it last hours
So when do you harvest your CBD flower? When the trichomes are cloudy or?
So when do you harvest your CBD flower? When the trichomes are cloudy or..?
Cloudy maybe a amber one or two I'm sure not counting the percent of amber ones, I grow outside and got other things to consider. Frankly waiting for the amber makes little difference

Douglas.Curtis

Early cut is easy to notice... the effects last 30 minutes for hemp or THC cannabis. Which is what you get when harvesting before 5% to 15%. This is your maximum cannabinoid and terpene point. 15% is the max amber I allow with THC strains, usually at 10%.

If you get a 4 hour efficacy window you are pretty close.

Old Piney

Does anyone have experience with Willy G’s Lebanese from Humboldt seed co? This one seems to stand out from the rest .It's genetics aren't hidden by greedy CBD big business. It's straight up Lebanese with a an over 20:1 ratio of CBD and supposedly smokes up tasty

St. Phatty

If this were a Sane World, pro football players would be used to test Cannabis strains for THC/CBD effects, + effects of other cannabinoids.

I pick them because I think they have the most Body Aches.

Old Piney

@Old Piney I've only met a few folks who prefer such a low THC, though I admit it would make for a handy strain to mix on the fly with anything else. :)
20 to 1 cbd is basically no THC and won't get anyone high this is just for CBD .I have made several hybrids with CBD “hemp” and high-THC strains the F1 had fairly high levels of both which I like .CBD flower is good for nonintoxicating edibles for pain and anxiety .It also has a very calming effect when smoked but only lasts a few minutes

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
20 to 1 cbd is basically no THC and won't get anyone high this is just for CBD .I have made several hybrids with CBD “hemp” and high-THC strains the F1 had fairly high levels of both which I like .CBD flower is good for nonintoxicating edibles for pain and anxiety .It also has a very calming effect when smoked but only lasts a few minutes
Wrong!