What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD and THC are opposite, so why do both surpess cancer cells?

Verdant Whisperer

The reasons is they both do not, the studies done on thc and cancer cells are well-documented while cbd has little studies and the studies done from what i see are bias, thc in the plant is a immune response while cbd in associated with more growth processes of the plant. if you have cancer cells and take human growth hormone it stimulates the cancer, i am going off the wall and saying i think cbd will do the same in high doses. based on it having opposite effects to thc in every other way. I think Cbd could potential be dangerous in high dosages, if my theory is correct. EDIT: This is looking to be more complex than i initially thought, its not black and white.

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Sounds like you're just speculating. I'm not sure that is a good idea considering you're discussing something as serious as this.

Not sure what it's doing in the outdoor grow section either?

Verdant Whisperer

Sounds like you're just speculating. I'm not sure that is a good idea considering you're discussing something as serious as this.

Not sure what it's doing in the outdoor grow section either?

It is speculation as stated, but its something that is serious and if the CBD industries are lying then this is something that needs to be brought to the publics attention. I thought this was the general forum, excuse me for posting in the wrong section, if a moderator wants to move it to the correct section that'd be great.
I was talking with my friend Kevin yesterday whos a vet about CBD, and dogs and this idea sparked my interest, thats why im bringing it up also because even know its speculation and I've never heard a similar claim. That is why I wanted to put this on the table for future consideration. I made this speculation based on when i was younger i wanted to try some HGH, but the guy selling it told me be careful, if you have any cancer in your body it will excellerate it, I never tried it. In a sense CBD has similiar effects of HGH in what it does in the plant, so therefore i am concluding that it is possible, and it is something that should be considered, especially since thc is opposite in many ways, and has been proven to aid in tumor surpression.

A study conducted by an international research team found that THC could be used to reduce tumor growth in cancer patients. The researchers found that administering THC to mice with human tumors initiated autophagy and caused the growth of the tumors to decrease 2.

While these kind of studies can be found for THC, all the studies on CBD are not well documented.
and if this information turns out being true, it could help alot of people by being more considerate in their use of cbd, if its wrong then it could help people also by knowing it safe to consume CBD, and it won't affect our bodies growth hormones.

I understand this is a serious topic, but the way my mind interprets things it seemed like this is a plausible effect of cbd, and i wanted to bring my thoughts on it to the community's attention and receive feedback.

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I'd still like to see evidence rather than just a hunch.

I did look up a few of your claims, although I did not look that hard. I've used THC for 45 years or so but only a recent user of CBD. CBD has been a medical game changer for me, combined with THC. There are a lot of studies on CBD now and I'm not sure that they are all "not well documented" or that the "CBD industries are lying". They are big claims. Can you back that up? Links to studies etc.

People using CBD should research, particularly if they are taking other medications, as it can interact with some.

Verdant Whisperer

I'd still like to see evidence rather than just a hunch.

I did look up a few of your claims, although I did not look that hard. I've used THC for 45 years or so but only a recent user of CBD. CBD has been a medical game changer for me, combined with THC. There are a lot of studies on CBD now and I'm not sure that they are all "not well documented" or that the "CBD industries are lying". They are big claims. Can you back that up? Links to studies etc.

People using CBD should research, particularly if they are taking other medications, as it can interact with some.
My hunch was based off the properties of the plant and comparission to human growth homrmone, then looking up and not finding any conclusive evidence supporting that cbd, inhibits tumor or cancer growth in a living organism, and not a petri dish. Ill look up check out the medical artilces on pub med ect and link them. i think anything in moderation is good, like thc, and cbd, but what i am saying is it is possible that cbd is not the right medicine for treating cancer or tumors, and that thc is. I'll do some research, i was hoping someone would chime in on this who has previously investigated into cbd, with a medical background. and big claims i just watched a video how the dog food industry has been lying to use since 1850's to make profit, most big industries are corrupt, the cbd industry is new and theres a surplus and it needs to be marketed in a way that is appealing to consumers.

1st article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8310855/ - Some supporting Evidence in Cbd's Favor, but speculative. "In the context of cancer, both CBD and THC have demonstrated potential anti-cancer properties, although the mechanisms may be different. For example, THC has been shown to induce apoptosis (cell death) in cancer cells, while CBD may work through various pathways, including inhibiting cell proliferation and promoting apoptosis."

2nd Article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8037087/
Cannabinoid Receptor Expression in Cancer: The expression levels of CB1R and CB2R, as well as other cannabinoid receptors like GPR55, are altered in different types of cancer. For example, elevated CB2R expression is associated with higher tumor malignancy in glioblastoma, breast, prostate, and pancreatic cancers. CB1R expression shows varying patterns in different cancers, with some studies reporting a decrease, while others show no alteration or an increase.

GPR55- Specific pathway that interacts with CBD, has been shown to stimulate bone growth, and reformation.

Last edited:

xtsho

Verdant Whisperer

It states that THC is a cb1 and cb2 receptor agonist, but doesn't specify if CBD is an antagonist or angonist, im guessing its the opposite of thc so antagonist, but im not sure: Had AI review article for me, after i did a quick read, and asked it some questions:

Agonists:

1. ACEA: This is a selective CB1 agonist.
  2. Hu308 (HU-308): This is a selective CB2 agonist.
  3. THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol): This is a nonselective cannabinoid receptor agonist, which activates both CB1 and CB2 receptors.
These agonists were observed to increase cell proliferation, migration, and inhibit apoptosis in HPV-positive HNSCC cells.

Conversely, the following compounds inhibited the growth of HPV-positive HNSCC cells:

Antagonists:

1. Rimonabant (SR141716): This is a selective CB1 antagonist.
  2. SR144528: This is a selective CB2 antagonist.
These antagonists were found to decrease cell proliferation and migration, and induce apoptosis in HPV-positive HNSCC cells.

Note: CBD (Cannabidiol) is not mentioned as a specific agonist or antagonist for either CB1 or CB2 receptors in the provided excerpts from the article. CBD is known to have a complex interaction with the endocannabinoid system, including potential indirect effects on CB1 and CB2 receptors, but it doesn't directly bind strongly to either receptor. Its exact mechanism of action is still an area of ongoing research.