What's new

CAUGHT: Alibi's and justifications

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Hey,don't ferget mushroom huntin as an excuse.

Hey,don't ferget mushroom huntin as an excuse.

Moral mushrooms ofcoarse.lol Ya know this is a very good thread,it always pays ta stay on yer toes about these things.Every aspect of messin with bud fer that matter.Always plan for worse case scenerio,it helps so much when shit hits the fan....Hey Silverback I've used jus about eveyone of those excuses over the years,not so much on po-po but ta put the local folks off of what I was doin.All normal things ta be doin outdoors where I come from.Well anyway,great idea fera thread,thanks fer posting it.Yall take care and stay safe...BC

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Tell them you are into Cryptozoology and you're looking for signs of a big foot in the area. Its such an off the wall reason to be in the woods they just might believe you.

hamstring

Veteran
I love it . We just need a bigfoot strain and you can pass the lie detector test too.

Bigfoot has blood shot eyes and the munchies. There he goes now in his berkenstocks.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
aahhh....

aahhh....

No wonder they call em "Skunkapes" huh? hehe BC

Last edited:

melnibone_ca

You are GeoCaching, right ? :)

http://www.geocaching.com/

It's actually a lot of fun to do - a nice long walk, with a couple rolled up.

Also, if you dig into the site noted above, you will see that there are thousands of these geocaches installed on public property - so, if you are scouting locations - might be a good idea to check if there are any of these things located nearby.

Just FYI guys, keep safe.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
RudolfTheRed said:
Tell them you are into Cryptozoology and you're looking for signs of a big foot in the area. Its such an off the wall reason to be in the woods they just might believe you.

The dead bodies answer was funny, but this is the best. My closest shave with LEO was escaped by almost boring them to death....Mr pig made the mistake of asking me about something I know a lot about, so I talked a lot about that and had little time to talk about the couple of potentially embarrassing holes in my grand story...... 20 minutes on, while I was in the middle of "interesting modifications for pistons and gudgeon pins" they found a more interesting customer and had to almost throw me out of the van. I had the immense pleasure of inviting the plod to my house to learn and see more, sadly he never did....

A Cop might catch you out asking 101 questions about why you are lurking around in the backwoods, BUT, after a couple of minutes of mildly deranged ranting about Bigfoot, genetic experiments, government conspiracies, the Roswell incident etc etc my guess is you will be more than free to go on your way !

melnibone_ca said:
You are GeoCaching, right ? :)

http://www.geocaching.com/

It's actually a lot of fun to do - a nice long walk, with a couple rolled up.

Also, if you dig into the site noted above, you will see that there are thousands of these geocaches installed on public property - so, if you are scouting locations - might be a good idea to check if there are any of these things located nearby.

Just FYI guys, keep safe.

Just remember not to have grow sited directly recorded on your GPS, I heard a story of a guy caught in the US with one who was then asked to explain why it marked out so many weed growing plots......captured ....nee nar nee nar, Go straight to Jail, do not pass GO!, do not collect £200....

G

Hey hamstring and others.

Mushroom hunting is a good tip. Ill look into the geocaching. Around here, we have quite a few rock hounds always hunting for geodes and quartz.

Birdwatching can work if you look the part. I don't. If i were to say that I was "birdwatching", the law would fall down laughing. Im a type A thrill seeker, like most od growers. I look more like redneck bars and gun play than birdwatching, and nature meditators seldom chew tobacco, so .... match your excuse. I guess i could say I was out shooting birds!

Last edited:

Mr. Smoke

I wonder all you guys that have been seen, are you going at night or daylight when everyones out?

My excuse if ever caught is I'm making a food plot for hunting. You could even actualy make a food plot. Have it near your plot of plants and go to the food plot first have a look around then go to your patch. :wave:

Last edited:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
silverback said:
Birdwatching can work if you look the part. I don't. If i were to say that I was "birdwatching", the law would fall down laughing. Im a type A thrill seeker, like most od growers. I look more like redneck bars and gun play than birdwatching, and nature meditators seldom chew tobacco, so .... match your excuse. I guess i could say I was out shooting birds!

LMAO!!! There ya go... BC

J

jimbroker

Is game trapping legal in your state?

A page of traps:

http://www.thefarm.org/charities/i4at/surv/traps.htm

An easy one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hBPlArgssYw&feature=related

You can also get non-lethal traps and do volunteer work with things such as animal tagging programs.

Another thing is volunteer work with habitat maintenance. There are lots of "invasive" species out there that people always want a hand in mananging.
Familiarize yourself with local invasive species and say you are out surveying for them.You can than have a nice conversation with whatever law enforcement official stops you and talk about the impact species x is having on species a. You could also justify having tools (shovels, etc) because you are digging up an invasive shrub or tree.

just a thought.

Silvertrap: You sound to me like the kind of person who would be out in the woods from the description of yourself. Maybe you could say "lookin fer game trails!" :D

I liked the idea of the leash. Morel mushroom hunting is a pretty damn good one too.

Hindu Killer

Veteran
I do every thing i can to avoid detection...entering the area or leaveing. Once off road ...its slow down time....let my sense's get in tune with the surrondings a bit. Stand still for awhile see what is moveing etc. Maybe binoc the area, then proceed with caution. As Im all the way wrong if detected any way. TRESPASSING! Have escape plans figured out long befor they are needed. Never hurts to know the names of the landowners......or the neighbors names etc.

Collie Man

A Cop might catch you out asking 101 questions about why you are lurking around in the backwoods said:
Thats funny! Or like someone else said learn something about the native plants in the area and be able to go in depth talking about them and have a note pad and a bag with leave samples to show the leo your not some kid your just a college student doing research. Or you can say I'm walking around, I like nature! haha

G

I have binoculars as well HK. A must.

LOL, DD, you'll have to have a grow partner for that one. Being a lone grower, I could say I went out in the middle of bfe to play with myself!

tokinjoe

A lot of deer hunters go out in very later winter or spring to find shed deer antlers. It takes a lot of walking and looking and some luck to find them. That's always been my intended alibi early on. We also create mineral licks to supplement the deer diet where I grow. Thus my excuse for digging tools etc.

green-genes77

Veteran
Out my way gold panning and rock-hounding are reasonable alibis. Minimal props required and to be fair, it's been more than once that I've been prepping/planting and happened across gemstones.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
A Cop might catch you out asking 101 questions about why you are lurking around in the backwoods, BUT, after a couple of minutes of mildly deranged ranting about Bigfoot, genetic experiments, government conspiracies, the Roswell incident etc etc my guess is you will be more than free to go on your way !
Right, make sure you're wearing your tinfoil hat and lochness monster official fan club membership t-shirt just to be safe. Also talk about the time you were abducted by aliens in these same woods. I usually try and look like ive been up for a few days too. :joint:

Last edited:
G

Im not telling anybody im gay

We never have peace here. Now the turkey hunters are out wandering around for the spring shoot. I of course, am out hunting for signs of turkeys as well.

I always try to engage hunters in and around the areas I grow and try to insert the belief that everybody and their brother hunts here, you have to be careful not to get shot. Most hunters try and avoid heavily hunted areas.

You'de better quit baiting those deer tokenjoe! (he he)

Latest posts

Latest posts