What's new

caught a POS hopping my 6' fence to steal

Bodhi Roach

Just curious but why would he steal a water bottle? Is there a deposit on them ? Glad you caught him though !
mutt

Hi B friendly,
Yes it was money well spent, I thought the fence was as well, but I suppose every prevention method has its weaknesses, so Ive added a few together to improve, monitor and deter :)

===================================================

Hi Stinkymutt
yes, they are worth $10 each......

I wish there was more one could do to a trespasser in this country

Hi Vaped,

ya, me too, Id love to just hammer a ton of nails into the top rail of my fence, but that shit draws alot of attention hehe

Hi mandy paige, thanks for dropping by

Hi upinthecut,

yes, a dog would do well, but SO wont allow it :(

Hi ehonda,

WOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! iD LOVE TO SHOOT some mofos!!!

Hi nicoli, not sure if i can post the url here, but ill post it and the mods can remove it if they need to

www.247ecam.com

it sends all alerts to your cell phone via text message within about 15 secs of a sensor being set off.

Then it follows up with a jpg mms of what ever is in front of the camera unit.

it also sends to email at the same time

you can call the gsm camera unit and listen in as well

hi haps, haha, ya for a $10 dollar bill to buy some crack maybe, Ive seen the guy in my alleys several times, but now hes been seen trespassing and I can tell him to go away or ill call the police because I have photo evidence of him stealing, im sure he is known to police in the area

Hi sam, see 2 posts above

I found it at a boat show, the unit runs on a sim card, so its like a cellphone, but you can add up to 15 wireless sensors to it, I bought a smoke sensor, CO sensor, water leak sensor, some pir sensors and a bunch of window/door sensors, very cool for personal, discrete, private monitoring

lol aeroguerilla!!

trophies!!!!!!

Hi grasper,

:p

Vaped....

if i froze some painballs in the freezer, im sure they would get eaten immediately

Hi arctic blast,

Id love to go with razor wire, but it would really make my neighbors wonder weird stuff

Hi DB,

I try to keep my yard the nicest in the neighborhood, I was being stupid by leaving out bottles like that, it was an ftard maneuver

Hi yes4,

with all the sensors, i paid $590 incl. $40 shipping, its normally $699 but i got a discount from the guy at the boat show because he sold out and i had to wait a few weeks to get mine.

he did mention an ip camera system that he will be selling soon, it will go to your I phone, the internet and record as well, he said it is faster and better than your conventional DVR system

Hi sobekobe,

15 seconds on average, pics follow about 1 minute later

hi opt1,

thats cool, got some links? be careful, it could upload some pics that could get you in trouble.

Hi obscured,

Ill try to post some soon, but with proxy, it does weird things and it hard to get anything but text up here. I had to go to a public starbucks to get my other pics up in the past. alot of effort

k, i think i got evryone,

have a great day everyone

MMAJAY

I got a q-see security system from hell cheap. Google it. I recommend buying there shit because its cheap and works. Basic system starts at about 250 bux. I have 5-600 in mine and its the shit.

Bodhi Roach

I don't know where you live, but around here where there's a lot of growers, big guard dogs and security systems are kind of the same thing as posting a giant sign that says "I GROW POT!" in your front lawn.

P.S. - What country do you live in that you can't shoot trespassers? I guess it's different by state here in the U.S. But here I can dispatch trespassers to hell all day long. Just can't shoot em in the back. You're supposed to give them three warnings too, but I heard three warnings. I'm not sure if he did, he's not available to testify at that point.

Yes, I agree, aggressive dogs, anyone can own one, but they do come attached with a stereo type.

Canada, the land where a criminal can break into your house, hurt themselves on an icy sidewalk when they are hauling your shit out the door to their truck and then sue you and win. If you come home to find one in your house, the police recommend you let them leave and do not confront them, how fucked up is that.

I got this system because we got robbed before, If there is ever a next time I want to be able to come home knowing what I will be facing so I can call a friend or two.

Bodhi Roach

I got a q-see security system from hell cheap. Google it. I recommend buying there shit because its cheap and works. Basic system starts at about 250 bux. I have 5-600 in mine and its the shit.

I bought one from costco, it did work ok, but thank god I never installed it properly, because after a month I returned it. Yes, you can watch live, (Bandwidth gets very expensive on the 3G network) but what about the times when you are working, driving, or cooking, you cant be glued to a monitor screen all day. The other thing as mentioned in a post above is heat score, I an even see any of my sensors or camera unit from the outside. Dude, this system is the shit....Low key, easy to set up, easy to monitor from anywhere that has cellular service. dont need a 3G internet plan from a service provider, it works on text and MMS thats it

doggod

in cali they must have a weapon before you can shoot them. keep a stolen weapon handy and your good to go.

in cali they must have a weapon before you can shoot them. keep a stolen weapon handy and your good to go.

In FL if you "feel threatened" on your property you have the right to open fire. Too bad our pot laws are pretty terrible. Possession of 20+grams is a felony and 25+ plants is 5 years mandatory minimum.

vaped

B roach. that was amazing I think you gave every post on your thread a response. Ive never seen such a great job with responses.

nephilthim

dig a hole put some shit covered punjab sticks firmly anchoed at bottom,cover with a weave of natural branches dirt leaves grass that wouldnt support weight,if you hear any screaming and a motion sensor alert turn the radio up untill the screaming quiets down.go outside cover hole with dirt .forget.lol. wasp spray is good aslo as they will need to go to hospital or die has an effective range of 30 feet, fire extinguishers are great also will completely incompacitate a person ,others include rock salt loads in your shotgun shells, snake shot for youre guns,pellet guns,and my personal fave that I wouldnt want to do with neighbors in close proximity;fire a .45 next to their head the concussion from the slug will stun them have their ears ringing.O ther animals to consider also are roosters,geese,swans.

dig a hole put some shit covered punjab sticks firmly anchoed at bottom,cover with a weave of natural branches dirt leaves grass that wouldnt support weight,if you hear any screaming and a motion sensor alert turn the radio up untill the screaming quiets down.go outside cover hole with dirt .forget.lol. wasp spray is good aslo as they will need to go to hospital or die has an effective range of 30 feet, fire extinguishers are great also will completely incompacitate a person ,others include rock salt loads in your shotgun shells, snake shot for youre guns,pellet guns,and my personal fave that I wouldnt want to do with neighbors in close proximity;fire a .45 next to their head the concussion from the slug will stun them have their ears ringing.O ther animals to consider also are roosters,geese,swans.

Yeah, i hear that! swans are mean as fuck!

but can wasp spray really incapacitate a human? are you saying spray it in their face and they will die?

i haven't heard so much about that...

smokefrogg

Veteran
wow, swans and geese, those fawkers are MEAN!!

never heard that one before, those vicious birds would be great for this sort of thing, plus it wouldn't draw too much of the wrong kind of attention

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I have a six foot fence in my backyard, we're on a large field people shortcut through it. The Great Dane definitely keeps the lookers moving right along. When she barks people listen.:faint:

Bodhi Roach

Maybe not what the OP was using but here is a highly recommended and portable system:
(+ some good posts)

it sounds like the same thing, hows yours doing for you?

Some ppl got off track on your thread and they thought they should place the camera unit inside their work area......dont be a fool!!!

place it in a spot where no one should be going/if they go to that place it will set off and send you text and follow with a pic of them and where it wont be triggered by accident.

For those outdoor guys, is it really true? in rural areas LEO scans for cellular signals, triangulates/gps locates and then sends a team in and investigates?

Wow, all the ppl doing it outdoors, this is the alert/watchdog you need, its covert/mobile/efficient

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Maybe not what the OP was using but here is a highly recommended and portable system:
(+ some good posts)

Need to know what's going on @ your place?

it sounds like the same thing, hows yours doing for you?

Some ppl got off track on your thread and they thought they should place the camera unit inside their work area......dont be a fool!!!

place it in a spot where no one should be going/if they go to that place it will set off and send you text and follow with a pic of them and where it wont be triggered by accident.

For those outdoor guys, is it really true? in rural areas LEO scans for cellular signals, triangulates/gps locates and then sends a team in and investigates?

Wow, all the ppl doing it outdoors, this is the alert/watchdog you need, its covert/mobile/efficient

I went and got 3.
Have tested them around all sorts of places such as driveway, own backyard, snuck one in to a friends backyard and kept calling him during all sorts of times when I got pics sent while he was mowing the lawn, chasing his dog, repairing his boat etc. and he never figured out how I knew what he was doing 'till I told him, it was very funny.

Long story short the cams work VERY reliable, super clear pics sent immediately when things are happening and night pics look great up to 20'...more than 20' and they get grainy.

And as far as LEO scanning for cell signals...that's a big Myth.
Just plain BS.
There isn't really more to add to that.

And as for those who have grown outdoors...or are planning to do so...or want to know who might be snooping around their indoor area...THIS IS THE WAY TO GO! to have a peace of mind.

It's cheap insurance for being aware of things happening.

:tiphat:

hkush

The story reminds me of something that happened to me, long before video cameras and sms.

Middle of the night, dead of winter I hear a loud bang outside of the house. I get up and see the motion light is on in the back yard. Next morning in the light I pieced together the hilarious events by tracks in the snow.

Someone walked at a normal pace towards my yard, got around the corner of the shed and the motion light came on. Suddenly their stride goes from small to large as if they started running. The tracks go up to the side of my house and straight into a burn barrel which is frozen to the ground. (inside the house I hear a loud bang). He falls on the ground, messes the snow all up, then his tracks lead out of my yard.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Get a paintball gun, set it up on a tripod just inside whatever window gives you the best sweep of your yard, spend an hour or so pre-sighting different points in your yard, set about ten of those bottles out, and wait for that text.