What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CATS!

enter sandman

Have one that helps me defoliate - he's right there tending the plants with me - he knows (but no more than 2 leaves is his treat for helping me tend)
I had a female cat, Boogerbug, that lived 22 years and she went batshit happy crazy when she got around my plants or when I brought home an outdoor grow. She would not leave me alone & would MOW relentlessly until I gave her two or three leaves. RIP Boogerbug

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have a cat that lives outside she is a hunter I used to have a bunch of ground squirrels now i don’t see any, she patrols over at the neighbors as well no mice in my house either she hangs out under my house her coloring is the same as the local bush so sometimes I will see her under the bushes watching me, great cat…

Three Berries

I've had a house cat since it was kitten napped as a barnyard cat 11 years ago. But I've almost always had a cat around even as a child. My current cat usually been an inside cat, got out a couple times over the years. Outlived three pugs and thought he was one too I bet.

There has been a big black feral one around for quite while outside roaming the neighborhood. Never got close to it though.

Then someone started dumping kittens up along the road. They got captured and set to the shelter. Got fixed and one was dumped back. It obviously was use to humans yet stayed out in the wild for a year. One is the friendliest female I've ever seen.

At the time I had a pug and did the daily walk arounds so never saw the cat up close. Then the pug died and the female feral cat started to come around. I let her in the garage for shelter. The other feral cat that has been around for about 6 years and just this last year I've been able to get some flea medicine on him and now he's all looking for the tummy rubs. Don't try to pick up either of the ferals though.

Anyway all the feral cats outside following me around was more than my inside cat could take and he flew the coop one December and went outside. Stayed out during very harsh times for 6 weeks. Finally came in after a while.

But now he's got to be out as he's the alpha, comes in at night. The black feral male is a huge cat and it's always a game chasing the female he's big enough he takes down rabbits and guts them. My house cat and the feral female are yard buddies now, both fixed.

Since encouraging the outside cats with feed and shelter the chipmunk population has been wiped out within 300 foot of the house. They are worse than mice. Any mice around don't last long.

Three Berries

Even cats know...

UtU6G7-wxAKr8yAd

Three Berries

This was the first year for the feral female. Still some down by the pond at this hole though. The last big flood we had in 2018 it wiped the munkers out for at least three years. They dig along the foundation wall as it's warmer in the winter. Then when it floods the tunnels really make it worse as the ground collapses.

pregNXq.gif

Latest posts

Latest posts